Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Quatrième partie - A Trip With Company

There were several sad people that day the group left their house. It had burned up that night, and by the time morning arrived they were pulling away from the blackened house. Leaving behind memories, objects, and even a soul. The cars were really the only things that survived. Along with a few supplies managed to be scavenged and saved from the cellar. They’d need food, clothes, and supplies. They needed to rebuild everything again.

Merle drove his old Ford truck ahead of the group, leading them to the house he had happened upon while making his way from Atlanta.

They felt funny sitting in cars again, luckily, the house wasn’t far away. So the ride that made them uneasy – was short.

They were surprised that the house was so unnoticeable. It was small, out of the way – even though it would be cramped it would do for their new home. Addie was slightly glad to be out of her mothers old home. Daryl held her hand while she sat between him and Merle, she was the only one small enough to fit in the center of the truck. Her head still felt light, but as long as she moved slowly, she could fight the urge to collapse onto the ground. Daryl was thinking about Addie, he always was it seemed. She plagued every inch of him, he wanted her physically, emotionally, and mentally. Her conversations were sweet and to the point, although she was educated she rarely made Daryl feel stupid – and the thing that made him love her most was that they seemed to have this undying connection that tied them together. They both knew it was there, it had been since they’d met and even though it confused, and worried them at first – now they embraced it.

Merle felt slightly awkward with Addie so close to him again. Granted it seemed that the only two people to really look past what he did were the people he did it to. Addie only seemed to speak to him with warm kind words, and Daryl – he sometimes felt flicks of anger, but soon after he would feel the gratitude. He had saved her life. But even knowing that – it still plagued him that he had ended the life of their child’s.

Everyone had thoughts that day: some were still questioning the arsonist and others were just scared. To be out in the world again was unnerving and as soon as they pulled into the front of the house, they ran inside like hermit crabs, afraid of what was out there.
_______________________________________________

Addie woke up to Daryl. Her nightmare seemed to have left her thoughts because that night she hadn’t dreamt of burning buildings but in fact, of Daryl. It had been a long time until she felt that sexual need from him. After Merle… she couldn’t handle being touched like that, and Daryl had known it – so he had left her be, waiting patiently for her to heal. And with Merle now being around Addie still felt the occasional sick twinge of fear from him. She kept it from him well, because although she felt this way, she still felt part of herself that was grateful. It was an unsettling feeling to experience gratitude and fear at the same time – but she found that if she absolved her mind from the past it was easier to focus on the future.

But while she slept she had an erotic dream where she was scantily clad in a truck somewhere while she watched Daryl from afar. She had been sitting in the truck when she noticed him. He had been cutting down trees, chopping logs into wood for fire. His arms were quite muscular and they glistened from the hot sun. And because of that same sun his shirt was absent from his body – and his toned stomach was what really caught her eye. Already knowing what he looked like naked she could easily picture him on top of her, and underneath her… She found that being mostly naked made it easy for her to think about her fantasy while she watched him, running her hands over her own body made her quiver so much that it woke her up.

Her breathing was erratic. Sweat droplets ran down her back. She looked over at Daryl who slept peacefully. His mind probably wasn’t plagued with shirtless dreams of her, but then again, he was a man, you never know.
______________________________________________

Although they’re new home was small they seemed to manage. The house was a lot older, and smelled of aged wood. They thought that the house had been abandoned even before the whole zombie mess started. The only thing they missed about the old house was the security of the fence, and even then officer Rick Grime had a plan for that.

“I wanna dig up the old posts and install them here.” Rick said.

“Yeah I got that the first time.” Daryl said back.

“So can you help? They guys and I were going to start digging lines if you wanted to bring the metal back over.”

“Yeah yeah. I can.”

“Can what?” Addie asked joining the conversation between both men.

“Daryl here is nice enough to go grab the old fence and bring it up here.”

“Oh. He is?” she gave Daryl a cocked eyebrow with a smile. “Well I’m coming then too.”

“Oh come on.” Daryl said, even whining slightly.

“No. Last time you went off to help Rick I got my face split open coming after you. This time I’d rather be the one that gets trapped.”

“Well that’s a little pessimistic.” Rick said.

“Perhaps.” She said while smiling at Daryl. As mush as she knew he’d had her being there she was going to go anyway. He hated her being away from safety. But he knew that if he ended up in danger, she would only risk her life all over again. Her love still confused Daryl.

“Fine. Go get in the truck.” Daryl told Addie while grabbing a second weapon other than his crossbow.

“You wanna take Merle?” Rick asked, Addie quickly chimed in:

“He’s asleep.”

“Well then hurry up, get what you can before sundown, if you don’t finish we can grab the rest tomorrow.”

“Yeah yeah, get the fences, sundown, got it.” Daryl said following Addie out the front door.

Addie sat in the passenger seat and waited while Daryl set several tools in the truck bed. Watching him while she sat in a truck brought back the memory of her dream last night. She even felt a flash of heat travel down her whole body.
______________________________________________

Addie had forgotten how much she enjoyed riding in a car. She wasn’t fleeing for safety this time, it was a regular mission, like visiting a market… only for fences. She felt glad to spend the day with just her and Daryl. She realized that her happiness radiated from her strong animal desire to climb on top of him while he was driving. The reckless idea brought a smile to her lips, and although she resisted… she found it quite hard.

Before she knew it she was laying on Daryl’s shoulder as he drove down the long twisted road. They were nearly there when Addie let her fingertips dance across his chest. Underneath his shirt she scratched his muscles ever so gently while Goosebumps appeared on his arms. He gave her a relaxed look while she rubbed his chest, he didn’t even think about what would come next.

It happened very quickly. Her fingers innocently found their way underneath the top of his pants, she had them unbuttoned and unzipped before he had even realized what had happened.

Daryl wanted to stop her and ask her if she was sure, if she was ready to do this, if she was okay – but before a single word slipped out of his lips it was quickly turned into a moan. Her head had fallen into his lap, and he was relived to see the house only yards away, because he knew that he would not be able to drive while these shock waves of pleasure invaded his body. He glanced down at the girl who was playing in his lap he looked up in time to steer clear of the fence. He pulled in carefully, not taking his eyes from the road and as soon as he could he slammed the truck into park and leaned his head back. Addie let him enjoy it for a few minutes longer before she climbed on top of him and kissed his lips. Her tongue dove into his mouth before his could respond, and she was quite displeased with his hands, he was holding them up in the air, like he was afraid to touch her. She let the frustration melt away as she grabbed his hands and placed them over her chest. HE finally responded by squeezing her breasts in response. He nearly ripped at the top of her shirt – but realized that would be hard to explain later. He sexual frustration had been built up waiting for her to be ready and now that she was he could barely contain himself. He slid the shirt of over her head and was pleased to find no undergarments underneath. While quickly taking one breast into his mouth he massaged the other with his left hand while his right tugged on her shorts. She slid his shirt off before helping him undo her bottoms.

Now nothing was on her body but a red pair of panties, ones that Daryl quickly pulled to the side so that he could enter her, he watched her face closely for any signs of fear or pain – but all he found was pure bliss as he slid into her. Happy to be like this with her again made him want to make love to her for hours. Her head became burrowed in his neck, and he heard the faintest: Daryl.

He stopped moving his hips and found that she was still moving hers, he thought she was hurt, or scared. But in fact she was enjoying every second of it – and took the tiniest moment to whisper: ”I love you.” The audible emotion of love had caught him off guard, they said it so rarely to each other, so he whispered it back as they passionately made love in the front of an old Ford truck.
____________________________________________

It was about an hour until sundown when Daryl looked at the back of the truck bed. He had one fence post. Rick was probably going to kill him, of course he’d lie and say they were too hard to get out just with the two of them. Then he could explain himself to Rick when Rick actually pulled one out of the ground and found it easy. He didn’t care; his time had been spent well. He looked at the beautiful girl that was actually laughing at their situation; she knew that the group would suspect them of “taking time off.” He kissed the bandage across her face and picked her up leading her to the front of the truck, they both climbed in, and Addie laid her head in his lap once again, only this time she was tired, and only rested her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
super long, my way of repaying you for taking forever to update.