Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Chemically Shot

Daryl came to, he found Merle leaning over his pouring water all down his face. He even held his eyelids open as he washed the noxious gas from his eyes. Daryl coughed, and coughed, and coughed again. His lungs seemed so heavy. And they he remembered Addie. He sat upright and looked for the truck, the gas had cleared from the ground level and now seemed to linger higher, and further past them. As long as the grenade was empty, they would be fine. He pushed himself to his feet and found that he couldn’t breath, his heart pounded his lungs struggled for more air, Merle pushed him back down.

“Just keep drinking this, I’ll go after her.” He said, he looked into his brothers eyes it was the only way he knew how to say sorry. He loved Daryl he really did, and Daryl even came after him on that rooftop. He may only be limited to one hand now, but he still made due and was grateful for his brother in a world like this, and wrong that Merle had done to him had to be made up – and saving Addie life twice might suffice.

He didn’t give Daryl the chance to refuse. He had a pistol is his pocket, and was able to wield the axe with the one hand had, he left Daryl his crossbow because when he was ready – he’d come find them both. Merle was half glad the grenade was chemical instead of a frag; a bang like that not only would’ve killed them, but brought walkers from miles around. These streets seemed to be pretty quiet. Merle found about two walkers per street and figured it wouldn’t be hard to kill them. And he did just that hacking down walkers from left to right, the swing was off because he had no second hand to steady the blow – but the walkers went down all the same.
______________________________________________________________________

Addie was able to work the bit of fabric covering her face off, it fell to the ground in the streets, Hannah seemed to have some sort of construction tool, and was using the power to kill the walkers. A nail gun, it was a nail gun – Addie thought. The nails torn apart the brain enough to kill them, and it was fairly silent. But she had no time to be glad that the walkers weren’t the problem. It was the huge man that held her head underneath his arm, and the woman with the nail gun.

Would they really eat her? Would they torture her first? They were probably starving waiting for any excuse to just dig into her flesh. Did they cook her first? They were already abnormal – perhaps they just eat humans raw. Would they kill her first? Oh god. is what came to her mind, she could handle living day to day with a man that had once violated her, but being eaten alive… something about that didn’t make her feel too brave.

Addie was thrown into the front room of an apartment. They had drug her up a flight of stairs and thrown her in the first room they found. They had been looking for a home, for one reason: a kitchen.
_____________________________________________________________________

Merle had raised his axe to kill another walker… and they he realized… it wasn’t moving. It was already dead. The holes in their head were too small to notice, Merle didn’t think they’d been shot, but sure enough they all had holes in their heads. The sun was falling and soon dusk would be upon them.

Any one of these buildings could be where they dragged her, Merle had seen that they hadn’t headed for the truck, and that they must have headed for somewhere they could hide, somewhere there was cover.
_____________________________________________________________________

Daryl was pained in his mind, all this pent up rage and nowhere to send it to. He wanted to hit Merle for leaving him, he wanted to fillet those cannibals so that they’d have a taste of their own medicine – he wanted them to hurt – especially if he didn’t find Addie in one peace.

He was finally up and looking for Merle, just standing he could tell he had inhaled quite the amount of noxious gas. His vision swayed, some pictures becoming two – the trail of dead walkers wasn’t hard to follow, made it easier for him to maneuver through the streets. One dead body after the next, each seemed to have had an axe driven into their skulls.

His had found its way to his head, things were still blurry. He felt a short of breath from his very short walk – he had inhaled way too much of whatever that was, and it killed him to know he wasn’t helping Addie.

He was only able to slump down onto the pavement again, and this time walkers were coming at him. Several of them, they must have gotten some scent of flesh… perhaps Merle was hurt… maybe Addie was hurt. Daryl didn’t know
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to upload this earlier, never happened, sorry. Sketchy internet in some places, and this chapter wasn't "complete" but I wanted to give you guys something! Thanks <3