Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Frightening

The blood that came from Addie’s leg was a deep red. Her mouth was trying to scream through the hand that muffled any noise. She now lay atop a dining room table, helpless.

She couldn’t actually believe that she was lying atop a dining table, and being served as dinner, it was too ironic to believe.

The hand that covered her mouth was pressing against her face, the nails digging into her stitches, she could feel them tearing – she tried to scream louder, but it was no use. All that was actually able to escape was blood… and tears.

And before the cut became any deeper she noticed the distraction caught in the girls face. This apartment was not vacant, it was in fact occupied.
_______________________________________________________________

Merle now made his way along the newly killed walkers, He was able to tell that they had been following someone… and been killed because of it.

He moved as quickly as he could, lacking a right hand made things like running with a weapon difficult. But when he managed to not trip over putrid bodies, he considered to be doing okay – but he still needed to find Addie, they couldn’t have gone far because he was now in a clearing. Boarded windows, doors. They had to be somewhere, Somewhere here.

A bit of plywood was the only thing that stood out to him. It lay just against a red brick building, something like apartments – many windows – Georgian style with small windows at the top, and it was a place to start – however he did not have time to waste.

He stepped inside and he felt immediate sickness. The smell that filled the hallway was putrefied flesh. Something had been dead for a while.

A slight bang caught his attention.

Yes, A bang.

Second Floor

Quick.


Merle was quick up the stairs, but at the top he felt a bit more sickhe had inhaled that gas too – not nearly as much as Daryl but enough to make him dizzy. He clutched the wall while he still listened. Nothing now. They must’ve heard him.

A large pan flew out across the hall from behind the frame of the door. Barely missing Merles head. If he had been standing fully erect it would’ve hit him square in the face. He raised the gun he had, holding the but of he gun under his arm, and putting the other hand in the trigger. He waited until the big man entered the hall to pull his gun on him – but Merle shot first, hitting him straight in the gut. ‘Bear’ clutched his stomach, he was almost surprised to see blood in his hands and he raised his gun – shooting at Merle. Merle leapt foreword pushing the gun away from him, and it still went off. Merle now had an incredible ringing in his ears. He didn’t hear the woman run out of the kitchen screaming.

He got slammed into the other wall, it was a tight hallway that now held the three of them. A dying Bear, and the concerned girl. Merle stepped away from her and back into the apartment while she was distracted.

And then he saw Addie… and the most frightening thing.
________________________________________________________

Daryl caught a slight glimpse of something moving out of the corner of his eye. Another walker? He couldn’t handle so many. His crossbow only had limited arrows, and he could barely steady his vision to load them into the chamber – he got up and tried to walk, he had to get away from these walkers that were coming towards him, especially If he wanted to live.

He picked up his feet and nearly tripped as he did. The districts in this town were small and he was able to find a green dumpster in an alleyway that seemed to be free of walking dead. As long as he wasn’t seen slipping in there, he might be okay for a moment.

He needed to figure out a plan. He knew Merle went west, as he had followed – but now Daryl realized he had been stupid once again. He should’ve gotten in the damn car and followed.

fuck. Maybe I can double back.

So he did. He passed the dumpster completely and went right, back around the building he had just cleared. There were more alleyways that he cold take, allowing him to move slower because the walkers seemed to have stuck to the wide-open areas – he was only lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short, but wanted to keep writing - have to sleep, but I will hopefully not leave you hanging too much.