Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Netting

Throbbing pain hit Addie. It seems head trauma was her thing these days. Her eyes opened to nothing but blur. Although they she could feel a weight, something on the end of her hair - it would subside, and then return. Her vision was slowly returning. She must've been up here for hours it felt like.

But the sun was still up - she could see the trees, wait, she could see!

She tilted he chin towards the ground and saw why she kept feeling something.

There was a walker.

All that was between them was her hair, and the man dressed in a blue pinstripe jacket was outstretching his arm as far as he could to reach her. His jaw seemed to be absent so his tongue hung out of his mouth unkept. His eyes were red, blood red. His leathery skin was reaching out for her, yet just out of his grasp.

Where were the others? Did they simply leave her? This was a on-your-own kind of survival thing. Maybe they didn't care, but why would they? They had her map, supplies, they didn't need her.

If she slipped from this trap she would surely become dinner, she tried to lift her body to grab a nearby branch, instead the trap twisted and she flipped to onto her stomach, again, putting her head first. This time she seemed closer to the ground. The walker moved two feet to her hair again, this time he was able to grab a fistful of hair and yank. Now it was time to scream.

"Aider à!" Remembering no one here knew French. "HELP!" she said. She figured someone should hear her, if they were even still there. The walker pulled down on her dark hair, the net seemed to hold her tightly, but the branches it was tied to could be a different story. She could see them bending to hold her weight and the added pulling was beginning to make her worry.

"HELP!" the walker groaned in response to her plea. "PLEASE"

"Hey Fucker." she heard Daryl say. An arrow from his crossbow whizzed through the air into it's skull.

However the walker's hand seemed to be tangled in Addie's hair, and as his body went limp the extra weight was added. And the branches decided to snap.

Daryl ran underneath her in time to catch her entwined body after the branches snapped. His arms were full of mesh netting and somewhere inside, was Adeline.

"Wanna explain how the fuck you got tangled in this?" he asked while pulling her hair from the walker's fist.

"I just tripped, and before I knew it I was in the tree."

"I came looking after you were gone for ten whole minutes. Figured no womanly business should take that long." he said bending down to the walkers head, pulling out the arrow.

"It felt like hours."

"Your heads bleeding again, thats why."

"What is this concussion number three?" she asked. Daryl seemed to look up, and nod his head three times.

"Yup three. Wait did you hit your head when you crashed?" he asked.

"Into your car?" she stared at him blankly.

"No in the Chopper."

"Oh, I suppose I did." she said.

"That makes it four, you should probably be dead." he stated.

"Thanks..." she raided an eyebrow questioning his statement. Daryl looked down to inspect the net he untangled her from.

"This is man made."

"Well I doubt a walker could achieve that craftsmanship." she said.

"Well no shit." he said back. "But this isn't for deer..."

"Well then another animal." she said.

"No it's meant for something big. They make the netting larger for deer, in an attempt to break the legs so they can't struggle. This... seems to almost be designed for..."

"Well what?" she asked looking at the net.

"Well you." he said blatantly.

"How could it be made for me?"

"Not just you... but for someone 5 feet tall or more, maybe a 130 - 150 pounds."

"So for a human?"

"Guess it's to feed them cannibals." he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for writing short chapters. i love anyone reading, thanks. :)