Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Gauze

"You are telling me there are cannibals in the woods!?" she asked.

"Well I don't know cause I ain't on of em'." he responded. "I just know my equipment, and this looks made for a human."

"Well that's an unpleasant thought." Addie added. "Well maybe just to catch walkers?"

"Let's hope." Daryl said.
____________________________________________________________________

The returned when Rick and Dale had just shut the hood to the RV. Seemed like perfect timing. The days these people had spent on the road were few. They wanted to find somewhere they could stay and be safe from the world.

Addie managed to pull herself into the Jeep and buckle her safety belt. But Daryl had yet to get into the Jeep.

He was looking at her.

She felt uncomfortable, and... dizzy. He reached his hands up and put them on her jaw, what was he going to do?

The back of his fingers tickled her neck and she felt even more dizzy. Only to her dismay he pulled them back to himself, and his left hand was covered in blood. Addie was confused. She touched the back of her neck and found her hand touching something warm.

Daryl walked to the RV and obtained a MediKit. He came back with Andrea. She had unbuckled the belt, and Andrea opened the door, she sat underneath the glove compartment so they could see her wound.

"You should be stitched," Andrea said. "not exactly and option though."

She held up her hair so they could access the gash across the back of her head. Andrea dabbed the gauze with alcohol and attempted to clean the wound through her thick hair. It took almost fifteen minutes, and a lot of gauze until the bleeding finally stopped.

Rick wandered over to check on her condition. "You alive?" he asked.

"Well... somewhat." she said.

"We reckon that we should be near the home just after it gets dark, however thats also when we should be out of gas and I also don't want to spend time looking for this house in the dark. So tomorrow morning should be our safest bet."

"Agreed. We don't know of refugees have camped out or not." Daryl added.

Although they knew they were heading for a large home, they were all worried about what might await them there. Surely anyone similar to them who happened to come across it would find it a suitable place for living. Would they be peaceful, or reckless? Who knew.

"Here's a towel, just keep that at the back of your head, and perhaps Dale has a better fix for when we're stopped." Andrea said.

"Okay." she muttered. "Thank you."

"Of course sweetie." Andrea replied. Daryl lifted her body a foot or so she could position herself on the seat.

"Alright, let's move out." Rick yelled.

Daryl shut the door, and from there they continued their journey.
____________________________________________________________________

"What kind of place ya from?"

"You mean Paris?" she asked.

"Well yeah, what's your home like?" he asked.

"whats yours like?" she asked.

"Why do you always question my questions?" he asked. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why do you want to know?" she asked back. Daryl rolled his eyes.

"Well it'd be nice to check and make sure your brains still workin'."

"Well, l live in a maison de ville." She paused after her French comment. "I don't know how you say it in english... My street is quiet, and paved with cobblestone. It's small, and overpriced. There was a nice family that lived next to me. And I had a dog, I called him Chap."

"What kind of dog was he?"

"He was a small Yorkshire. Quiet though not usual for that breed."

"Oh so he was a rat?"

"NO! He was very loving."

"Was he bigger than your head?"

"well No.."

"Then he was a rat."

"Stop saying that!" the argued for the next half hour about what categorized a something as a rat.

"Well my dog was a Mastiff, I'm pretty sure Yorkies were in his diet."

"It sucks to lose them." she said missing her Chap. "They're animals can't fend for themselves." Addie said.

"Well... in these times nothings fair. Ya just have to survive."
____________________________________________________________________