X Marks the Faerie

Chapter One: Awakened, with just one kiss

I closed the book. That was an amazing story. Why can't people travel to the center of the Earth? Maybe people gave up on the idea too early? Maybe they dug in the wrong places. I looked down at the cover. Journey to the Center of the Earth. Jules Vern was an incredible author. The story seemed surreal.

I chuckled to myself and tossed the book into the cluttered floor of my bedroom. I sank my head into my pillow and moaned. "Why did the weekend go by so quickly?" I said into my pillow. It wasn't long before I heard my name being called.

"GAYLEN!" My mother shouted from downstairs. I groaned and sat up in my bed. She was always wanting something from me. I started down the stairs and a whiskey bottle hissed pass my face and smashed against the wall. "Geez Mom!" I said as I reached the bottom stair.

I made sure to keep a friendly distance in case she wanted to try and take a swing. I could never tell what she would do when she was drinking. "What did you need?" I asked her, cutting to the chase. It was pretty bad sometimes when you didn't want to be in your mother's presence.

"You've spent your entire weekend in your room reading fucking books, and haven't lifted a hand to help me clean this house." My mom spouted. "But mom the house is clean...." I said. "No!" My mom cut me off. "I don't care, you do what I tell you to do." My mom mumbled. "Just go....go cut the lawn. It's time to go to work at the strip club."

Mother plodded off to her car and backed up. I didn't say another word and just walked out the door to the back yard. I breathed in the crisp evening air and let out an exasperated sigh.

I walked over to the shed that housed the lawn mower and opened it up. I dragged the lawn mower out of the shed and pulled it over in the shade. I looked to see if there was gas in it and then I felt a little tug at my mind. It was a weird feeling. It was like someone was probing my mind.

At first it was the slightest of pressure, like I was about to get a headache, but it eased up. I looked over by the old oak tree and wondered why I was so drawn to that area. I suddenly wondered about the book and then smiled to myself. I went and fetched a shovel and began to dig my way on my own journey to the center of the Earth.

The first few minutes of shoveling was surprisingly easy. "At this rate, I'll be to the center of the earth by sundown." I laughed to myself. But as I got a few feet deep, it definitely started getting rougher. I was started to perspire profusely, and if I kept it up, the hole might fill back up with just my body's sweat!

I continued digging for what seemed like an hour and was about to pathetically call it quits until I got a glimmer of light down in the hole. "Is that a fingernail?" I asked myself out loud. I started digging more ferociously yet delicately around it. A hand...an entire hand. I continued digging further.

I lost track of time as I continued to dig around the body. I finally got a better look at what I was uncovering. It appeared to be a woman. Not just any woman, a naked woman. She looked to be entangled in the roots of the oak tree. I pulled her free and the dirt seemed to fall away from her porcelain-like skin.

She wasn't even dirty. I was unsure of what to do. She was warm, and still breathing and that appalled me. How could someone still be alive after being buried? It had already gotten dark, and I wasn't really sure of what time it was so the only thing I could do is put her over my shoulder gently and take her inside.

Once inside I laid her on my bed. I couldn't help but admire her body as it hit the bed and her perfectly shaped breasts bounced beautifully. I then looked away bashfully. "What am I thinking?" I thought to myself. "I just dug this woman out of my backyard. This isn't exactly a normal thing. First thing's first though." I thought.

I rummaged around my closet for some old clothes. I then proceeded in dressing her while trying to keep my thoughts at the purest possible level. I stared down at her. She had dark, red wavy hair and skin that almost seemed to give off a shimmer.

I suddenly felt like I had discovered sleeping beauty. Then it hit me, all I need to do is kiss her. Or maybe that's too crazy a notion. I brushed my hand against her cheek. I felt entranced.

She still lay on my bed unconscious when I heard the door shut downstairs. My mother was home. Was I really outside that late? I glanced at the clock and groaned. It was already two in the morning. I hope that mother didn't see the mess in the backyard yet. I shut the light off and stayed quiet as my mother stumbled around with another person to her own bedroom.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. Once I thought it was clear I turned back on the light and looked back at the woman laying on my bed. I wanted to see her eyes for some reason. I felt drawn to her. It almost felt like I was dreaming. It could be from exhaustion. I did dig for a long time just to get her out. I continued to look at her as I contemplated what to do.

Even though the girl is unconscious, the magnitude of her appeal overwhelmed me and I almost felt intimidated by her. I ran into the bathroom and splashed water on my face.

"Come on Gaylen!" I talked to my mirror image. "This kind of thing doesn't happen to just anybody, there's a reason for all of this, and I'm going to be a man about it!" My confidence rose up a few notches but still, I needed a little bit extra of a boost.

I reached in my pocket and pulled out a stick of gum. "Yeahhhh." I proclaimed. I popped the gum in my mouth and walked towards the bed feeling like prince charming. I brushed the hair out of her face.

I almost felt tears coming to my eyes. "Why am I about to cry?" I asked myself. I took a deep breath and pressed my lips firmly to hers and felt every inch of my body tingle with excitement. I had my first kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really a collaboration between persianninjatkd and Ayame, but there's no selection for both. Lol Hope you all enjoy! Comment and subscribe!