X Marks the Faerie

Chapter Twelve: A Surprise Encounter of Many Sorts

I was not a princess. It was bad enough that I was captured by the witches. What made it worse was that Kysha and her pointy eared friend had to save me. It was truly embarassing when the woman you love saves you from your death. But then again if it wasn't for her, then I would have never been able to tell her I loved her. I sighed, giving up on being embarassed when Kysha came to a hault. Upon the abrupt stop, I fell off the unicorn because I wasn't paying attention or have a good grip.

I blinked a few times. My head hurt and now, so did my rump. Kysha was not laughing, which wasn't normal, seeing how she always laughed at my stupidity. I sat up and rubbed the back of my head. I looked at Kysha who was wide-eyed and shaking. I looked to see what she was looking at and saw him. I was curious as to who this brown-eyed man was.

I could tell that he was a faerie because of his wings. His looks were pristine. Not even a scar or scratch anywhere...from where I could see. I got to my feet and walked around to confront the man that was scaring my love. Saerien had beat me to it however. "I think it be best that you move along, Sir," Saerien had her sword drawn and ready to cut him up into many pieces if he didn't comply.

I crossed my arms. "What the girl said. Move along buster," I said with a bit too much venom in my voice. Then I saw Kysha climb down from the unicorn and walk over to him. She touched his face lightly. Tears glistened her cheeks as she did so and now Saerien and I were very confused. The man didn't speak a word towards me or Saerien, but his eyes remained on Kysha.

I felt the heat rise to my face as I felt embarassed for being so ill towards who was obviously a friend of Kysha's. Not only that but I was slightly jealous.

Kysha took a step back and shook her head, "It can't be..."

The man nodded. Kysha looked at Saerien and her eyes got big. Saerien looked at the man and then back at Kysha.

"I don't believe it," I was getting irritated that I was left out of the loop. "Would everyone please stop gawking and tell me who this is?" I didn't mean to sound so hard about it, but it came out that way.

Kysha broke away from the man's gaze and looked at me, "It's Sindri."

"Ahhh Sindri, I thought he was deaaa-...umm...gone somewhere far away," I tried to save myself from saying dead.

"Nothing is ever completely gone forever little human child," Sindri said almost seeming to belittle me. "I've missed you so very much Kysha....for a thousand years, I've been waiting for you to come back to me. It's been tough, especially considering I could never go home."

"Well, I...uh...I thought you were dead Sindri.....and I kind of have something going with someone else now..." Kysha said nervously.

"Oh...I see," Sindri said giving me a gaze of death.

"Awkwarddddd," Saerien spoke up.

It was at that moment, that I truly felt ashamed that I was human and not really worthy of Kysha's affections. I mean, how could my new found love for Kysha stand against a thousand year love that Sindri had. I was defeated, if there was a towel to throw in, I'd seriously consider it. The beautiful thing about my life before all of this was that even though it consisted only of reading fictional books, at least those fictional books didn't make my heart hurt so.

"Well, who am I to stand in the way of love? It's understandable that you moved on, you did think I was dead and a thousand years is a long time," Sindri nobly said.

"That's so sweet of you! I can't believe you're taking this well," Kysha said escatically.

"Yes...that he is," I was almost moved by his words myself despite my obvious jealousy.

RRAWWRRRRRR

We all froze instantly. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up. Whatever made that sound didn't sound very small. I looked around, just as everyone else was. A few minutes passed and nothing happened.

"I suppose we're going to be..." Saerien said but was cut off by a giant furry arm swatting her mid-section and sending her flying into a tree.

"Saerien!!!" Kysha screamed.

The creature responsible for the act came out of hiding. It was twice as tall as me and probably ten times as heavy. The creature had massive claws and somewhat resembled a bear except its light brown fear had spots on it almost like a cheetah, plus it only had one eye and it was locked on Kysha.

I knew I had to do something, I picked up the nearest stick and flung it in a spear throwing action at the creature, hoping it would stab into its eye. It didn't. I had flung it into a tree a few feet away from the thing. I guess thats what I get for reading too many books.

"A Nandi Bear...I know just the thing for YOU!" Sindri yelled at the Nandi Bear.

Sindri brought his hand up ever so gracefully, and out of the palm of his hand sprayed a very thick jet blue mist into the beast's face. Icicles instantaneously formed over its face and quickly followed upon the rest of its body. I was flabergasted. Sindri had just saved Kysha.

I felt defeated somehow. Maybe it was because I was truly not good enough for Kysha. I sighed as I watched as the Nandi Bear was frozen in place and I watched as Sindri busted it into oblivion. I looked over at Kysha who was looking at Sindri oddly and suddenly, I thought I might have a slim chance. Instead of a look of love and admiration, the odd look only meant that she thought that he was psycho. Somehow, that comforted me.

Sindri went to recover Saerien. They both walked back but Saerien had a limp. She was dusting herself off.

"I hate those bloody animals," She stated angrily.

Kysha gave a sigh of relief when she seen that Saerien was okay. Then she looked at Sindri. I wish I knew what everyone was thinking but that was just wishful thinking. I walked closer to the group. I rubbed the back of my head and nodded to Sindri.

"Thanks for uh...saving us." Kysha put her hands on her hips and hmphed at Sindri.

Sindri looked confused and Saerien tried not to laugh so hard. I myself, was even confused. Though I somehow thought it was because of me.

"I don't understand Princess..." Sindri said to Kysha with a sullen look on his face. "I am far better than the human boy. I can protect you, and take you places you've never seen. What can he offer you?"

There was a silent pause as Kysha looked to me with a warm gaze. She turned her attention back to Sindri. "There are many things that Gaylen can offer me that you can't. For one, you are not alive..."

My mouth dropped open, and Saerien was taken back. Sindri shifted his gaze elsewhere, and Kysha shook her head in disbelief. But before he could explain anything, the earth beneath us rumbled and caused us all to lose our balance.

"Gaylen!" I heard Kysha yell my name as the earth continued to shake. I tried to gain my balance but the quake was too harsh, and wouldn't let me stand. Sindri had Kysha in his arms protecting her as trees caved in around us. I was cut off from them. Somehow I knew that this would happen. Nothing would let me and Kysha be together. Then before I could react, a falling tree limb grazed me, and I let out a sigh of relief that it didn't impale me instead. The earth quit shaking and then everything went black, as if a blanket had been thrown over the sun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe plzzzz