X Marks the Faerie

Chapter Fourteen: Journey to the Center of the Troll's Den

I was determined to find Kysha. I wasn't going to let my love for her die out, not now...not ever! With Giral helping us, we'll be sure to find Kysha in no time, though I still think back to when Sindri saved us from that bear. He was so much more powerful than I was, and he was better looking. How could I compete with that? Saerien looked over at me, noticing my expression, and gave me a light punch in the arm.

"Cheer up tiger. We'll get her back, and trust me, Sindri isn't a problem. He's not even supposed to be alive and Kysha knows that. She loves you." She told me and winked.

I smiled slightly and nodded. Maybe Saerien was right. Maybe Kysha didn't care about Sindri anymore, but I'd never know for sure if I didn't rescue her. Giral then hopped down from clinging to my chest and ran up to a tree and looked around. Saerien and I looked at each other and shrugged. Giral looked at me.

"We have to be very quiet. Trolls have good hearing and if you want to get in there alive you follow me." He told me in a hushed tone.

I nodded and followed Giral deep into the forest. It was quite humid, forcing me to breathe through my mouth because it was getting hard to breathe. Saerien seemed to be fine and so did Giral. They must be used to this kind of climate, so I kept going without complaining.

I felt cold all of a sudden, real cold. I also felt dizzy and I wobbled a bit before crashing to the ground. Saerien and Giral looked back at me, and rushed towards me. I wanted to speak, but couldn't. I didn't understand what was going on. I couldn't even move my legs or arms.

Giral lifted one of my eyelids a bit to look into my eyes and Saerien ripped my shirt down the middle and put her ear to my chest. She had a panicked look on her face. I tried to speak again but nothing came out. A loud ringing started up, and Giral and Saerien covered their ears and fell to the ground.

I then started to wonder if I was ever going to be able to save Kysha after all.