X Marks the Faerie

Chapter Seventeen: My Savior, the Troll Reaper

As Sindri and I were thrown into the pot of water, and poles were pushed down onto our bodies by the trolls encircling us, I started crying. I had been strong all the way up to this point, but I wasn't really crying for myself. I cried for the fact that I had made Gaylen go through so much for me, and now I was about to die. I didn't even know if he was okay or not.

"If you kill me, my master will not be pleased," Sindri told them with vigor.

"Good, then we'll eat him too!" A troll laughed at him.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't save you, Kysha," Sindri told me.

"It's alright, we were ambushed after all. Since we're going to die soon, what happened to you? Why are you undead now?" I asked.

"The goblins knew I was coming, it's as if someone had set me up. So they intercepted me as I lay sleeping about a day's journey before the goblin's cave. They bound me, took me back to their cave and tortured me. I had lived for several weeks before they finally got bored of me and killed me, throwing me out with their trash in the middle of the forest. It was then that someone with great power found me. He brought me back to life, and now I must serve him. I was actually on an errand for him when I felt your aura," He told me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," I looked uncomfortable.

The water was getting hotter very quickly. This was the end, and I was spending it with the man that I once loved, who is now undead. There was a shrill whistle in the air. It sounded almost like Saerien's whistling spell to slow down her targets movement. I winced from pain, I really hoped it was Saerien, for I didn't know how much longer before the burning of my flesh would commence.

To my surprise, it was not only Saerien, but Gaylen and a Bangdi. This struck me as odd because Bangdis were selfish creatures.
Though, I wasn’t complaining. I smiled a small smile and watched the trolls’ reactions. “What is this? A boy human, an elf, and an impish bear?”

The main troll crackled in laughter; though the trolls didn’t attack, so Saerien’s spell would be useless unless they did attack. Saerien crossed her arms. “Alright, who is the master mind behind this?” The troll was caught off guard from Saerien’s attitude.

The ugliest troll stepped forward and smiled a disgusting smile. “That be me. Problem?” The troll asked, crossing his arms across his chest as well.

Gaylen looked at me and I smiled at him. I hoped that they had a plan because so far, they seemed to be winging it, which could mean bad things for me. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the boiling water. I reopened my eyes to see Saerien standing on top of the troll, who was on the ground, on his back. The Bangdi was at the head of the troll and Gaylen was already coming over at me to help me out of the stew.

Saerien looked down at the troll and laughed. “You may have thought you were a smart creature Mr. Hairy, but there’s one thing that is a weakness of yours….”

The troll looked frightened as he stared up at Saerien, he couldn’t speak and the other trolls only stopped as if they were frozen in time. I was confused as to what was happening.

“Your name. “ Saerien concluded, and then I remembered. Trolls could submit to you if you found out their true name. I smiled. Way to go Saerien, but then I wondered how she figured it out.

“Garrosh Firetree.” Saerien said and the troll moaned and dissipated into ashes. The other trolls stared in disbelief. Saerien turned and faced them. “Anyone want to challenge me?” The other trolls, shook their heads. To scare a troll, is truly amazing, but to scare more than two dozen of them, that is astonishing.

I returned my attention to Gaylen and smiled. He had already had me out of the water, and on the ground. He got Sindri out too, and returned to me. I smiled at him and then I kissed him square on the lips. “I love you.” I whispered to him before Saerien joined me. I laughed and threw my arms up around her neck. “Saerien, the Troll Reaper.” We both laughed until we were blue in the face while the boys shook their heads and smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a cute, warm and fuzzy ending to this chapter =)