X Marks the Faerie

Chapter Two: It's just a little bit awkward

I leaned up and looked at her face. Her eyes fluttered a little bit and my heartbeat increased. I wasn't sure what was about to happen. I already had so many questions, but I was sure that the last thing this woman needed was to be bombarded with questions.

She stirred lightly and moved to her side. Her eyes were still closed, but now I could tell that she was somewhat conscious. I moved a bit closer to the bed and looked down at her face. She opened her eyes and looked up at me. She gasped and moved quickly, falling off the bed and into the floor. I didn't mean to startle her, and I had to admit that I was a bit startled myself.

"Hey, it's okay. I won't hurt you." Right, that was the perfect thing to say to a woman that was trapped underground for who knows how long. She eyed me curiously but still didn't say anything.

I knelt down, and flashed her a smile. I didn't want her to perceive me as threatening at all. "I promise I won't hurt you." I reassured. "What's your name?" I asked gently. She seemed to almost speak with her eyes, and that's when I noticed them. Her eyes were of a light blue that I had never before encountered. I was in love. Stupid. I'm so stupid, I thought to myself.

"Kysha" she almost whispered. She then stood up and almost looked perplexed. "You don't strike me as a typical Faerie snatcher." She said confused. "Whattt? Faerie? You're a...a...faerie?" I stammered excitedly.

Right now, I was ready to believe anything, after all, I did just dig a girl out of my backyard and she's alive. I was ecstatic. "You're a faerie?? Oh my gosh! That's sooo awesome!" I screeched. "But....where's your wings?" I asked.

Her eyes got darker. I could tell that she was upset about something. "You know, it's okay. You don't have to answer my question." I would be disappointed if I didn't find out what happened to her wings, but I couldn't force her to tell me anything. After all, I didn't know anything about her.

She could turn on me at any minute and kill me, so I didn't want to push anything. I diverted my gaze. I figured it would make her a bit more comfortable, and I was right. She moved around my room a little bit.

She embraced herself, almost like she was sheltering herself against my stare. I couldn't help but to take quick glances at her. I was getting a sort of nervous now. "They were taken from me." She stated quietly, but just loud enough so I could hear her. It saddened me that someone would take wings from such a beautiful thing.

She then looked down at what she was wearing. An over-sized Star Wars t-shirt and a pair of red gym shorts. "What strange fashion is this? Wait...you....you dressed me?!? Didn't you?" She strangely shouted in a whisper. I shrunk back. "W...w..wellll, I found you without any clothes...." I said nervously as I looked down at the floor.

"I promise I didn't look.....much.." I wanted to cry. The first girl I've ever kissed and she thinks I'm a pervert. She looked at me defiantly for a second but then softened her gaze and her mouth almost seemed to form a smile. "Never mind that, what year is it?" She asked.

"2008 miss." I said quietly. "2008...." She repeated with an expression of saddened shock. She slumped into the floor. "I've been imprisoned for almost a thousand years." She then started crying. I really didn't know what to do at this point. Then I thought of something. I rushed over to the closet and pulled my flute. Pressing my lips to it, I played a tune from the Legend of Zelda.

I had always wanted to play this to a girl, and now I finally had my chance.

She looked at me quizzically. I finished the song for her and looked into her eyes. I had to pull myself back because her eyes seemed to engulf me. I went and knelt in front of her. "A thousand years. " I said, breaking the silence once again. "That's a long time. You must be hungry." She looked at me again, this time her eyes told me that she was hungry.

I stood and pulled her up to. "Wait here. I'm gonna go downstairs and get something." I said and hurried out of my room and down the stairs quietly. I didn't hear my mom, but I heard snoring, which meant that she was asleep too.

I went into the pantry and grabbed some chips. I didn't want to make a lot of noise by cooking something, so junk food would have to suffice for now. Or at least until mother went to work. I opened the refrigerator quietly and grabbed a Capri-sun and walked back up stairs. I locked the door behind me and handed her the chips and the Capri-sun. "It's good. Trust me."

Though I was sure that she didn't trust anything at this moment, seeing as she was imprisoned for such a long time.

I took the straw and poked it into the Capri-sun. She looked at it suspiciously. I sighed and took a sip. "See. It's not poisoned." I chuckled at my wittiness. She looked at it, then at me. She then flung her hand up, grabbing the back of my head and pulled me into a kiss. My eyes were wide in surprise and my arms flung out but she held onto me with ease.

Her tongue slipped into my mouth and she drew away from me while smacking her lips. "So you did drink some of it and you're right it does taste good. Thank you." She said with a mischievous smile.

My heart felt like it had just ran a marathon. "You did that.....just to see if I had drank it." I said shocked. "So you.....you...." I was speechless. She then cut me off. "You haven't fallen for me have you? That's a dangerous thing to do with a faerie you know...." She said seriously. I felt the weight of her words and they calmed me somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to comment and subscribe!