X Marks the Faerie

Chapter Four: Offended but Loved

I heard a 'Hey you!' and I blinked a few times before my vision focused on a man. I took in his appearance. His tawny hair, and his fair skin was nice on the eyes. He wasn't too built, but he wasn't a stick either. His eyes a brown color, and were staring straight at me. I blinked again and moved away. He seemed to laugh at me and I then stood and put my hands on my hips. "Excuse you. There is nothing funny about this situation." I huffed and stared back.

He shook his head and stood. "Well, you seemed to be in a daze for a little bit. I can't help but be curious about what was on your mind." He stated and I moved around the room looking at everything.

"I don't trust humans. You are vile creatures." I spat and I seen him wince at my words. "We're not all bad. I think you should give me a shot. I promise not to hurt you. I'm a great listener, I swear." I eyed him curiously. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to believe him or not.

However, he might be the only hope I have. Due to the fact that my faerie magic is extremely limited now, I might actually need him in order to get back home. I flashed him a smile that would make any mortal weak in the knees.

"Maybe I'm being a bit too hasty? What would I have to give you to help a sweet little faerie out?" I said innocently. "Me? How could I be of any use to you?" He stammered. My enticing demeanor was definitely getting to him.

"Well, my powers are very weakened since I don't have my wings, so in order to get back, I'm going to have to draw power from your soul....and we will have to attempt that on the night of June 27, when the veil is the thinnest between your world and the world of magic." I spewed out. He stared at me for a moment with very serious eyes. Quite exquisite looking eyes for a human, I thought as I admired them.

"My s-s-soul?" He stuttered. "Will that hurt me?" "No. It'll be quite painless, in fact, you might even enjoy it." I smiled at him some more. I was definitely working at him with my seductive faerie charm.

I watched him mull over what I said and watched his eyes look me over again. I flashed another seductive smile. I watched him melt right into my hands. "S-sure. I'll help you. But tonight is the twenty-seventh." He stated and I looked at him, mouth wide open, and I was even holding my breath. He nodded. "Which means we need to get a move on right?" He said while moving towards his closet to pick out a change of clothes.

I took a breath. "Alright. It's only morning so I have all day." I said when I noticed the time. He nodded. "Right but we still need to get things together before we leave and go into your little world." I was confused at first what he meant but then I understood. "Right, okay. So what do we do until tonight?" I asked as I walked over and sat down on what I thought was a large table, but discovered it was soft.

I gasped a little bit in surprise and he turned to look at me. "Thought I saw something." I said quickly and he just nodded and turned towards his closet again. "So your wings were taken away.

Is there a specific reason why?" He asked me and I really wasn't sure how to answer him at first.

"I fell in love with a faerie not of noble blood." I said quietly. "Really? You lost your wings for that? That's retarded, why didn't you two just flutter away in a trail of pixie dust?" He said laughing. I was rather offended and holding back anger from the comment. "PIXIE DUST!?!" I whisper shouted. He shrunk back with a confused expression. "Did I say something wrong?" He said with uncertainty.

"Pixies and faeries are not the same thing at all. We faeries do not have a 'trail of pixie dust' you silly child." I spoke spitefully. "How are you guys different from one another?" He asked curiously and of innocence.

I sighed and calmed down a little. "Faeries are a lot more serious and we are taller than pixies too. Pixies are more mischievous and even have been known to steal human babies." I told him. "Ohhh, I see why you would be upset with the comparison, i'm sorry Kysha." He sweetly said. I almost blushed at the sound of my name from his lips.

"It's alright..." I muttered. He yawned. It was getting rather late. "We'll need to be getting to sleep since we have a long day of preparation ahead of us tomorrow." He said. He started laying blankets out on the floor. "I'll sleep on the floor and you can have my bed." He said as he laid down. I crawled under the covers of his bed with a smile.

He was much sweeter than any human I had come in contact with before. "So tell me what happened to your wings please." He begged. I sighed and started to tell the story.

"Well, when me and the other faerie's love came to light with my father, he reacted a lot worse than I expected. However, it's what my lover proposed as an idea to appease my father that was most shocking to our community..."

I paused and took a breath. The next part was hard for me. "It hadn't been done in such a long time, and usually, no one could ever survive, but he wanted to prove to my father that he was worthy of my hand in marriage. So my father agreed to his idea. I pleaded with my father and Sindri to not do this. I told my father that I couldn't help who I fall in love with, but my father didn't care. He only cared of nobility, and blood lines. He never truly cared about my happiness."

I sniffled a little bit and he sat up to look at me. "Are you okay?" I nodded and wiped my eyes. "I'm fine. " I took another breath and started again.

"So Sindri set off on his journey. It only took half a day to get to the Goblins' cave. Four days passed by and we didn't hear any word from Sindri." My heart dropped. "Then finally, when we sent rescue faeries out, we learned what had happened to Sindri." I closed my eyes tightly remembering what had happened. I continued on with my story. "They found his head...but never the body." I said, my voice cracking at the end.

My eyes were clutched tight together and I felt Gaylen hug me to comfort me. I lightly pushed him away. "Don't. I'm fine." I said and wiped my face some more.

"I was horrified when I saw the head. My father just sat and smiled. He then punished me. He took away my wings and sentenced me to an eternal slumber. Though when I was being put in the ground, I cast a quick spell. A spell that would activate if true love was near by." I said the last part softly. He leaned in.

"Then you know the rest." I said hastily. He looked at me confused. "Now you must sleep. We have a lot to do tonight." I told him before pulling the covers over my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. Sorry it took a while to get the chapter out. :)