Tragically Beautiful

Damages.

Image

Tragically Beautiful

Chapter Thirty Five

Annie was laying in her lumpy bed again, it had been three days.... three days without seeing Joe, she didn't know how they were doing it, how his parents could be so cleverly keeping them away from each other, when they were staying in the same house, there rooms were three doors down from each other, but they wouldn't dare sneak out to see each other, for every few hours one of the Jonas's would come and open Annie's door to make sure she was there.... that’s' how far they were taking it, Annie couldn't understand why they were doing this, all she knew is she missed Joe so much she wanted to cry.

Her cell phone rang, it scared her a bit, no one had called her in days, other then Sam to make sure she was alright once she found out about the fire. Annie got out of bed and slumped over to her phone.

“Hello?” she didn't even bother to look at the ID.

“Hey, baby” that voice almost made her gasp.

“Joe..... what are you doing calling me?” she asked, her voice in a rushed tone.

“I just couldn't stand it anymore, I had to talk to you, they are being such assholes, I can't believe they wont even let me see you.”

“I know...” she trailed off, walking back over to her bed and sitting down.

“Don't worry, we will be out of here soon” he told her. “Were going to see the damage tomorrow.”

“They will never let me come with you.”

“I already told,dad, that I want you to come, its your house too, he agreed but he's forcing Kevin and Nick to go.”

“Well, at least we'll see each other” her heart raced just thinking about it.

“I can't wait to see you, baby.... oh, shit, someone's coming” and with that the line went dead, she hung up her phone and put it back on the charge, she got into bed just as Denise opened the door.

“Who are you talking to in here?” she asked.

“Just, Sam.”

“Well, you better get to sleep, dear, your going to see the damage’s on the house tomorrow.”

“Alright” she tired not to sound happy about it, it wasn't a happy thing to do, but she got to see Joe, she didn't care what they were doing. Denise said goodnight and shut the door, Annie lie there, she wasn't tired at all, her mind was racing to fast to sleep.

The next morning, wearing some more of Frankie's clothes Annie ran down the stairs as fast as she could, the only thing on her mind was seeing Joe, her heart was fluttering to the point were she could almost see it popping out of her chest. She stopped dead in her tracks at the kitchen entrance, she could hear his voice, he was talking to someone, she quickly walked in, his talking stopped, his eyes landed on her,and a smile peeked on his lips. She bit her lip looking at him, she wanted to run up and hug him but she didn't she just stood there, as did he, just looking at each other.

“Well, we better get going” Kevin's voice filled the room. They went out and got into Nick's car, once again Annie was forced to sit in the front seat while Joe was in the back with Kevin. They drove to the house, and once they pulled on the street, they both expected to see their house just a few houses down, but it wasn't there, they pulled into the drive way, the house, it wasn't a house at all, there was vary little house left at all, and every bit of it was black. Joe got out quickly not taking his eyes off the ruins that once was his home.
A man was standing by a green car, he walked up to Joe and shook his hand.

“I know it comes as a bit of a shock, I get this all the time” he told Joe, he just nodded.“There wasn't anything we could do, the fire became out of control and it just took over, it was everything we could do to make sure it didn't spread to other houses.”

The man wanted for Joe to say something, but no words left Joe's mouth, so the man went on.

“The fire was said to be started by a candle, there was said to be lots of candles in one room, all lit, I'm not sure who would light a bunch of candles then leave them alone, but that's not the point....” just then the mans phone beeped. “Your welcome to have a look around, I'd stay but I have important business to take care of.”

“Ok, thank you” Joe shook the mans hand then the man got into the green car and drove away. Joe looked around the grounds, he saw Annie standing ahead, there was no Nick or Kevin anywhere around, so he walked over to her, but just as he got to her Nick came out of no where and told her to come with him. “Damn it.”

Annie walked through the mess of blackened wood, she was standing where the garage used to be, and her room that was over top of it, she saw something brown, and bent down to see that it was a stuffed animal, she picked it up to see it was the dog Joe won for her when they went to the fair three years ago, it was missing its whole body, only thing left was its head. She felt the tears welling in her eyes, as the realization that she lost everything she'd ever owed took over her. She snuffed wiping her eyes when she felt arms wrap around her shoulders, they pulled her close.

“At least were both alright” he told her, looking at the head that was in her hands.

“I know, but...” she trailed off.

“We'll find a new house, and I'll buy you whatever you want” he told her.

“But what abut all the things that happened in this house?” she asked. “All the memories..... all the things that can't be replaced.”

“All your memories will be right here” he pointed to her head.

“I started the fire.... one of the candles fell off the nightstand and rolled over to the curtains and I tried to pick it up but I brunt my finger and then.... I don't know, I'm sorry” she gushed.

“It was really my fault,baby, I was the one who put all the candles around the room and lit them.”

“You were just trying to be nice.”

Hell, lets blame Nick, if he wouldn't have showed up we could have just had awesome sex and this would have never happened.”

“And if he had never showed up they wouldn't have found out and we would be able to see each other” she suddenly got angry.

“Go punch him in the nose.... “ he trailed off.

“Where are they, anyway?” Annie asked. “They should be trying to pry us apart, I can't believe we've even been together this long.”

“I don't know, but lets just enjoy it” he spun her around in his arms, quick, and kissed her softly, she sighed into the kiss, she had missed his lips, his hands, his hair, his everything so much. Her hands went into his hair as he pulled her closer.

“YO” they heard Nick yell, but Joe didn't pull away, just deepened the kiss.

“WHAT THE HELL.... GET THE F*CK OFF” they heard Kevin yell, but they didn't let go.

“I'm going to tell, dad.”

And that’s' when Joe pulled away, cussing under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I thought I may as well post another chapter.... like 3 more till the end.

please comment