Status: Active

Rest

Teenagers

Billie's POV

Christmas time.
My favorite time of year. Well other than Halloween.
My mom and step-dad are throwing a huge Christmas party with all of their friends. But of course, none of mine. I wasn't allowed to invite any of my friends to hang out with all because of that asshole, Brad. That's the prick that my mom married a few years after my dad died.
He drinks all the time and he hits me. What a charmer. And of course, Mom doesn't do anything about it. I wonder if she even knows, but part of me thinks she does.
I was just leaning against the wall, thinking of a new song, when all of a sudden I was yanked out of the living room and into the garage.
I heard the door shut and started to get scared. I really hoped it wasn't Brad.
The light switched on and I saw my kidnapper.
"Mike!"
He held his arms open for me and smiled that big goofy smile of his. "Hey, BJ."
I rushed into his arms and we hugged tightly.
"What are you doing here?" I asked when we pulled apart.
"What? You think I'd stay away just because Brad said so?" Mike asked, ruffling up my hair.
I glared at him. "You know I hate it when you do that."
He laughed. "That's why I do it."
I smiled at him. "Man I thought I was going to be all alone tonight. Damn I hate these stupid parties. I know the only reason why he suggests them is so he has a reason to get drunk," I ranted.
Mike sighed. "I know, Bill. But are you okay? I mean, has he done anything to you lately?"
I bit my lip and looked at the ground. I hate telling Mike about being hit, 'cause then I know I have to hold him back from killing Brad.
I felt fingers on my chin as Mike lifted it to look in my eyes. "Billie..."
I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I nodded.
I felt his strong arm go around my waist as he pulled into his chest. "Oh Billie. Look, I'm staying with you tonight."
I pulled away from him. "No. I know I'm already going to get in trouble because you're here. That bastard knows everything."
"Oh I now. I'm actually counting on it." Mike smiled.
I gave him a confused look. "Mike, what do you have planed?"
"You'll just have to wait and see." He rested his forehead against mine. "Don't worry Billie, I won't let him hurt you. I promise."
I nodded. "I know I trust you."
He smiled wider. "You're my best friend Billie," he whispered.
"And you're mine," I whispered back.
He hugged me again, resting his chin on the top of my head. Then I heard him laughing.
I pulled away slightly to look at him. "What?"
"Look up."
I tilted my head up slightly to see what he was looking at. And groaned slightly.
Mistletoe.
I looked back into his eyes and he leaned down slightly, his noes brushing up against mine and he gently pushed his lips against mine.
I felt my heart stop in my chest as his arms tightened around me.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and threaded my fingers through his hair, opening my mouth as I felt his tongue beg for entrance.
His tongue danced with mine and he moaned into my mouth, turning my body to jelly with the sound he made.
After a while, he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine as we both panted for breath.
Mike stepped away a little and I whimpered at the loss of him, but I guess he didn't hear me cause he said, "I'm sorry, Billie."
I shook my head. "It's just a tradition."
He nodded. "Yeah. A tradition."
We were silent for a while until he broke it yawning. "Man, am I tired."
I nodded. "Yeah. Me too. Um...you still wanna stay the night?"
He smiled at this. "Yeah. I'm not leaving you alone tonight."
"Thank you, Mike," I whispered.
He took my hand and squeezed it. "Come on."
He led me into that house and to the stairs, but we were intercepted by Brad.
"What the fuck is he doing here?" he slurred.
Mike sized him up and glared at him. "Spending Christmas with his friend. Get out of my way."
Brad glared back. "This is my house and I told that little fag that he couldn't have friends over."
"Well, I came of my own accord, Brad. And don't call him that. He's a lot better then you will ever hope to be. Now I'm only going to say this one more time; get out of my way," Mike hissed.
Brad grit his teeth and stepped aside, letting us go upstairs.
I sat down on my bed when we got to my room and Mike locked the door behind us.
"Take off your shirt Bill," he said, turning to me.
"What?" I asked.
"I have to see it. Take off your shirt," he said again.
I stripped off my shirt and turned around, showing him my back.
I heard him gasp and felt his finger tips along the bruised tissue.
"It's gotten worse," he whispered.
I nodded. "The only time I can be away is when I'm at school. That's why he never lets me go to your house, cause he knows I'll never leave if given the chance."
He turned me around and cupped my face in his hands. "I will take you away from him one day, Billie Joe. One day soon."
I nodded. "Please be very very soon."
He gently wrapped his arms around me. "It will be. I swear it. Come on, lets get to bed."
I nodded and pried off my shoes, leaving my jeans on and climbed into bed, Mike following soon after.
I turned my back towards him and felt his arm wrap around my waist. "Goodnight Billie."
"Goodnight Mike," I whispered.
After a while, I felt his breath against my neck slow down and I knew he was asleep, so I gently got up so I didn't disturb him and grabbed my notebook, writing down the lyrics that were in my head earlier and I think Mike's kiss finished it.

Hey can you hear me?
I'm calling your name
Hello? Or is this goodbye?
The gleam in your eyes
It troubles my brain
Will I see it again?
So I can rest my head

I've had a crush on Mike for a few years. We met when we were 10 and I fell in love with him at 13. We're 16 now and that kiss just confused the hell out of me.

Angel...Angel! Dancing away
As all of my thoughts get rearranged
Angel...Angel! Turning away
Just when thing seem
To have changed
So I can rest my head

Please let him feel the same for me, I silently prayed.

Hey can you hear me?
I'm calling your name
Hello? Or is this goodbye?
The gleam in your eyes
It troubles my brain
Will I see it again?
So I can rest my head
So I can rest my head.