Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 15

I groaned and snuggled under the covers as Matt’s phone rang. I expected him to get it but after it rang for the third time. I pulled the blankets down and nudged Matt’s sleeping form. He doesn’t even move except to groan.
“Matt your phone.” I say propping myself up on one elbow. Matt doesn’t move and I sigh. I push the blankets aside so I’m curled against his side.
“Mattie.” I whisper and Matt wakes up and yawns.
“Stephanie what? I’m trying to sleep.” Matt says pulling the blankets around himself.
“Matt your phones ringing and I can’t sleep with like a boss playing on repeat.” I say referring to Sam’s ring tone. Matt groans then rolls out of bed and pads toward his phone. I roll over and pull the blankets back around me and snuggle into the warm spot left by Matt’s body heat.
“What do you want Sam it’s like one in the morning.” It’s silent for a minute then Matt speaks.
“What other business would you have that can’t wait?” Silence.
“Okay okay I’ll be there in twenty minutes.” Matt sighs and hangs up. He curses then walks back onto the basketball court and over to me.
“Stephanie I have to head over to the club for a little while. Are you okay with staring here alone?” I nod and yawn.
“I’ll be okay just hurry back.” I say keeping my eyes closed. Matt kisses my forehead then gets dressed and leaves. I stretch out slightly on the bed and drift back into sleep.

? P.O.V.
A knock at the door startles me awake and I squeeze my eyes shut tighter praying whoever it was would go away. They don’t instead they knock louder. I throw back the blankets and stumble out of bed. I trip on the blankets and I fall onto the wood floor. It wakes me up as pain shoot through my funny bone and I curse who ever is at the door to hell then stand up and rubbing the ache in my arm answer the door. I squint slightly from the light shining in from the hallway.
“Sam what are you doing here?” I ask bitterly and he smiles as he steps in.
“Sure come in.” I mutter shutting the door and following Sam toward the bar area. He flips on a light and I shield my eyes for a seconded as they get used to the light. I sit on a bar stool once my eyes are adjusted and glare at Sam. Sam grabs a can of Dr. Pepper from the mini fridge and cracks it open.
“Sam what the hell are you doing here?” I ask again and Sam chugs a little soda before answering.
“Well hello to you to Stephanie.” He says sarcastically as he sits down beside me on a bar stool. I blink. He just called me Stephanie. I look down and flex my fingers in wonder. I was out. I controlled the body Stephanie and I shared. This was new, I might be able to fuel some of her words but never actually control. It was frustrating but now that had all changed I could do whatever I wanted.
“Knock knock is someone in there?’ Sam asks tapping my head. I grin and tossed my hair out of my eyes before smiling at Sam, Or I could do who ever I wanted.
“Yep I’m here but why are you?” I ask again. Sam reaches out and strokes my leg. I’m wearing a pair of fuzzy white shorts and a peach tank top so not my style and I vow to buy some big girl PJ’s as soon as possible.
“I was thinking about what happened on your birthday.” He drawls and I shift so he’s not touching my leg.
“And?” I question giving him an innocent look mixed with seduction as I cock my head to one side. Sam stares into my eyes.
“I want to do it again.” He says. I look away toward the door.
“I don’t know Sam who knows when Matt will be back.” I say not wanting to chance getting Stephanie in trouble.
“I told him I had important matters to take care of and I’d call him when I was finished. He won’t leave until then because we’re still trying to figure out whose stealing money and he doesn’t trust any one but him and myself to watch the bar.” Sam says. I stretch my legs onto his lap nonchalantly.
“So that important business was screwing me?” I ask and Sam winks.
‘Yep.” I lick my lips as I weigh out the situation. I wanted Sam but what would happen if he tried to talk about it with Stephanie about it? From what I’d observed Stephanie had black outs when I had brief moments of control.
“I thought we shouldn’t have sex.” I ask hating myself for questioning a man as sexy as Sam who wanted me. What he’d done to Stephanie had rocked me to my core too and I wondered what the real thing would feel like. Sam shrugged.
“I can’t get that look on your face when you came and I want to see it again.” Sam says not breaking our gaze. I shift slightly in my seat.
“If we do this no talking about it or touching me intimately unless I say. . . Absinthe.” Sam leans over and kisses me.
“Absinthe.” He whispers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there it is. Stephanie has an alter ego.