Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 39

‘Stephanie stop!” Jason yelled. I was running from the café seconds after the guys started fighting. I couldn’t deal with this. I was going to go home pack my shit then leave Vegas. I hated this place. All its done is mess up my life. I kept running until Jason yanked me back by my arm. I slapped him across the face but he still gripped onto my shoulder and forced me to face him.
“Let me go you asshole!” I yelled. People looked over but no one stops. Why would they? We're just a couple bickering on the streets.

“Stephanie listen I just don’t want you getting involved with him. He’ll-”
“He’ll what? Break my heart? Leave me once he has what he wants? That what you did Jason.” I said.
“Stephanie I-”
“No!” I yell yanking my arms free and pushed him against a wall. He looked startled. It looked like Romeo had gotten a punch to his left cheek. His red hair hung in front of his eyes and I reached up to push it away. It wasn’t an affectionate gesture, I wanted to make sure I he could see me.
“No shut the hell up and listen to me.” I placed a hand in the middle of his chest as I spoke.

“No more Stephanie calm down. Stephanie relax. Stephanie I love you. Stephanie suck my dick. I want my own goddamn life! I thought I could depend on you but I can’t.” Jason opened his mouth but with one frosty glare he changed his mind.
“I loved you. Ever since you asked me inside when you saw me on the street I’ve loved you.” I said.

“For the first time in a year I guy was nice to me. You and everyone at the café kept me from killing myself. Now here I am away from Matt but my heart is still getting broken. I’m stronger but I think I still need you. And I shouldn’t.” I finished with tears racing down my cheeks.
“I’m pathetic for always needing a guy in my life but I can’t help it. I need you.” There. I’d told him what I felt needed to be said without giving away everything. If he just kissed me and left I wanted to at least keep a part of me locked away.

Instead he didn’t say anything. Those emerald eyes just held my blurred gaze until he looked away. I didn’t say anything either as I turned to walk away.
Jason reached out but I pushed his arms away and glared. Jason stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me.

“I lost my parents so I know personally what not having a parent can do to a kid.” I gazed up at him in confusion.
“I’ve never been one for meaningless relationships. I think of spending the rest of my life with you. I’d love watch that cute little thing you do when you wake up every morning then cook for you.” He reached up and touched my nose absently. I scrunched up my nose and he smiled slightly.
‘It’s so cute. When you’re sleeping or lying with me watching a movie you look so peaceful. I want that every day. I want our kids to be able to see that.”

“Where not even close to that point yet.” I said softly. Jason shrugged.
“I know and I know we could break up but I can’t help but to think about it because I love you.” He leaned down and I stiffened at the thought of a kiss but he stopped before our lips touched. Instead he nuzzled my nose and waited.
“I hate you.” I whispered before kissing him as people clapped. I blushed and tried to pull away but Jason held me for a second later. When he released me I saw we had gained an audience. I blushed madly again and Jason kissed me lightly.
“Do you really hate me?”
“I couldn’t.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've went through so many drafts to try and end this story. No this is not it. But I needed to make sure I could still do all the stuff I wanted to before I ended it. The ending has changed a lot then from what I've planned. Jason died in one. (I just couldn't do it) Stephanie died( couldn't do it) I don't know why I thought they had to die. I watch too much tragic love stories (thanks mom). So yeah, they're going to end up together but something is going to happen . . .