Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 42

I entered my apartment and Neko strutted over before rubbing against my legs. I locked the door behind me before petting him.
“Hey kitty you ready to go to Jason’s?” Neko grunted. He loved Jason but didn’t like going over to his house. I guess he liked being in his own domain. I went to the kitchen to scoop up Neko’s bag of stuff. Neko wound himself around my legs making me trip .I landed on my stomach without bashing my face in.

I rolled onto my back and looked at my cat. He purred. I glanced at my shoe and saw the strap on one heel was broken. I groaned. Anna had just given these for Christmas to match the midnight blue dress I was wearing.
“Thank you Neko.” I uttered sitting up and taking my heels off. Luckily I had some that would match my dress. I could get these repaired later.

I stood up and hurried to my room. I had just opened the closet when I heard the front door being unlocked then opened. I froze as the door closed and someone clicked their tongue. I heard Neko meow.
“Hey kitty kat.” I scrambled into the closet and shut the door behind me. It bounced a little and a sliver allowed me a view of my bed. I shoved myself behind some boxes as Matthew entered my bedroom. He seemed relaxed as he sat down on my bed.

He took off his jacket and tossed it. They hit the closet door and I covered my mouth to hide my squeak. Matthew stretched out on my bed his arms wrapped around my pillows. I tried to breathe quietly but it felt like I couldn’t get enough air. How often did he do this? From the way he acted it was a lot. It made since though since I was spending more and more time at Jason’s.

“I miss her so much.” Matthew whispered. He sounded like he was crying.
“What can I do kitty? I just spent Christmas morning alone drunk off my ass.” Neko must have entered the room because now he meowed.
“I fucking need her.” Matt said and I was able to see him sit up. Matt reached into his pocket and pulled something out. He put it in my nightstand before standing up. He was reaching for his shoes when Lullaby started playing. My hand went to the pocket of my dress and I bit back a scream of anger when I realized my phone must have fallen out when I fell.

Matt stood up.
“Hello? Is anyone here?” I closed my eyes and covered my mouth with both hands while I prayed he wouldn’t look in here. Matt looked around and I remembered I’d left the broken heel by the bed. I heard shuffling before Matt spoke.
“Stephanie Baby Doll are you home?” Like I would answer. Suddenly I saw Neko pressing his head into the crack and meow. I tried to whisper no and make him go away but he kept trying to get in. Neko left and I had a few moments of being relief before the closet door opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more update tonight!