Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 46

Jason had never cried this much in his life. Yet here he sat on his ass with his eyes threatening to out red his hair. He’s yelling into his phone and Poppy can’t even begin to try and calm him.

“My girlfriend is missing! She’s been missing for five days!” He stops yelling and yanks his hair from his face.

“I’m sorry sir we are doing the best we can but I’m going to need for you to calm-” Jason yanks his phone away from his ear and chucks it onto the sofa.

“Jason you can’t just hang up on the police,” Poppy said jumping up and scooping his cell up. She tossed back down.

“They hung up. Good job Jason.” Jason shrugged and flopped down on the sofa. His eyelids twitched as he fought sleep. He’d been out all night looking for Stephanie just like the nights before. Dark bags hung under his eyes and his body ached.

Poppy couldn’t believe this blond bimbo was hurting her brother like this. She sat back down next to him and crossed her arms and legs.

“Jason have you ever thought she doesn’t want to be found?” Jason chuckled.

“She wouldn’t do that.”

“Stephanie is a grown women Jason . . .” Jason sat up and shook his head.

“No she isn’t Poppy. Stephanie just started having to take care of herself a couple of months ago.”

“What? Jason . . .” Poppy ran a hand through her loose auburn waves.

“Why must you always go after the most screwed up thing in the room? If we got a cat you wanted the three legged one. Jesus Jason why can’t you find a normal girl?”

“Stephanie is normal! She’s just damaged and I love her,” Jason said. He started crying again. Jason rubbed his eyes.

“I fucking love how innocent she looks when her curls look like a giant frizz ball. I love how she immediately cuddles to my side and buries her face in my neck. I wake up and all I smell is her. I love how she can’t cook to save her life. I-”

‘Jason.” Poppy cut him off.

“Okay I get it you love her but where would she be,” Poppy murmured. Jason shrugged.

“She wouldn’t go off her own. I think Matt has something to do with it,” Jason said.

“What exactly did he do to her Jason?” Jason was about to speak when there was a knock at his door. He flopped down on the couch and groaned.

“I can’t deal with any people today,” Jason said. Poppy nodded and got the door. When the door opened disappointment flashed across the other women’s face.

The older women stood shorter then Poppy with blond hair and light blue eyes. She was dressed in slacks and a blouse.

“I’m looking for Jason Slade?” She said. Her blue eyes searched frantically around Poppy. Poppy crossed her arms.

“May I ask who you are?” The women seemed surprised and let out a small laugh.

“I’m so sorry. My name is Layla Summers and I’m looking for my daughter Stephanie Summers.” Poppy felt Jason at her back.

“You’re Stephanie’s mom?” He asked. Lia nodded tears prickling at her eyes.

“I haven’t seen her since she was sixteen. She ran off with Matthew . . . I don’t know if you know him. His last-” Jason cut her off.

“I know who he is. Please come in Mrs. Summers.” He and Poppy both stepped inside to allow her in. Poppy closed the door while Jason led Lia into the living room. Poppy went to the kitchen to give them some privacy. The Christmas tree was still up with presents to and from Jason’s family. Lia looked over it and smiled.

“I miss Christmas with her. She was always so sweet . . .”

“Mrs. Summers why haven’t you come around before?” Jason asked as he pushed his hair into a sloppy ponytail. He was so tired but if Layla was here then maybe she knew something.

Layla sat down across from him and clasped her hands.

“Stephanie and Matt eloped and I-”

“They didn’t elope he fucking kidnapped her.” Jason bit out. Layla shook her head.

“Matthew loved Stephanie. Especially after the incident. He’d never hurt her.”

“What incident?”

Layla shook her head again.

“If she hasn’t told you I don’t have the right to tell you.”

“Matt abused Stephanie for four years she doesn’t exactly tell me a lot about her past,” Jason said.

“Jason!” Poppy yelled emerging from the kitchen. Jason tossed up his hands as tears fell down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry but I’m too tired to deal with all of this. I haven’t slept in days since I’m always out looking for her daughter.”

“So if you’re here to just beat around the bush please come back when I know Stephanie isn’t going being beat as we speak.”

Layla glared across the room. Jason saw had seen that look on Stephanie’s face before. He’d really pissed the older women off.

“Listen you little fucker. I thought my daughter hated me for the last four years. So yes I never looked for her, I figured she and Matt would be okay and she’d contact me when she was ready.”

Layla took a deep breath.

“I recently divorced my second husband and decided to look for her. I called some sources and they said they’d look out for her.”

“How come you didn’t come here sooner?” Jason asked.

“The note Matt left said they were heading to New Jersey. I moved there and that’s where the search started. One of my sources said they got a hit in Vegas but I ignored it.” Layla sighed.

“Stephanie never liked places like this. Then a friend told my detective they found the missing person’s report. He said it was like someone was trying to cover it.”

“Black listed,” Jason muttered. Poppy cocked an eyebrow. Jason explained.

“When the police are contacted about someone who’s involved in illegal activity, anything pertaining to them is covered up .”

“And why do you know this?” Poppy asked.

“I hung out with some shady people in high school.” Jason murmured bushing it off.

“Matt was involved in some shady stuff here in Vegas.’” Jason said.
"And how do you know that?” Poppy grumbled. Jason smiled and scoffed.

“I hang out with a few shady people here to.”

“Jason-”

“Layla please tell us everything about Stephanie. I swear to god I love her. I just . . . want to know how to help her.” Jason whispered the last part. Lia nodded.

“A few days before they disappeared Stephanie . . . she . . . My baby girl miscarried.”

The room was silent. Jason was quiet when he spoke.

“She never told me that.”

“She never knew. When the doctors told me I decided not to tell her. I knew it would destroy her.”

“Who was the dad?” Poppy asked. Jason hadn’t even thought of that. He had an idea though.

“She was raped and we never found out by whom.”

“It was Matt.’ Jason said.
“It had to be. He wants her so bad and it would make so much sense.”

She only told him about Matt hitting her but he’d always thought there was more. He’d understood how Matt’s abuse would make it hard for her to affectionate but she seemed so fragile. Several times they’d be making out and he’d catch her squeezing her eyes shut and hyperventilating.

Over the last month or two she’s let him touch her more. He’d shown her how much he loved her. He’d known a few damaged girls in his life and he knew letting them know affection was good was a big part. He’d finally gotten to her on Christmas night.

Jason had kissed away her fears and told her how he’d never hurt her. She’d said she loved him and he said it back. Then they had been kissing and so much touching. Stephanie had fallen asleep smiling on his chest. He’d stayed awake watching her sleep. Then he woke up alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jason really does love Stephanie.
Hello lovelies. Summer is official here! The temp here is 102* F degrees and up so I stayed inside and wrote you an update.

Thanks for those who voted on wedding dresses. It's not over yet so keep voting!

Dress 4: 4 votes

Dress 3 : 2 votes

Dress 2 :1 vote

Thanks for commenting on the last chapter XtremeFairy! By the way thanks to Unspoken_Lies for helping me out with spelling a chapter or two back.