Status: Updating

Baby Doll

Chapter 49

Jason P.O.V.

“Stephanie where are you baby? I've been worried sick . . .”

“Um I'm sorry-”

“Jason. Jason Rhett.”

“Mr. Rhett Stephanie just left her phone at Denny's and we'd like for someone to come pick it up. I was the waitress On duty so I just called her the first number in her contacts.”

“Oh I guess I can run over . . . she’s always leaving her phone somewhere. I guess she left it at work this time.”

“I'm sorry Mr. Rhett. Stephanie actually doesn't work here. “

“Then why would her phone be there? God where in the hell is he?”

“ May I ask how long she's been missing?”

“A week.”

“She was in here a few days ago with a man if that helps.”

“It so fucking does! What did he look like?”

'Tall, muscular with blond hair and green eyes. I only remember because he looked like that Sykes guy.”

“ . . .”

'Hello? Sir? Are you still there?”

'Matthew Sykes?”

“ Yes that's who he remained me of but scruffier. Now if you could just tell me when you'd like to pick up the phone. . .”

*********

“Jason where are you going?” Poppy hissed as left the living room. I turned back to my sister. Layla had just followed the maid up the stairs. We where at Matt's hose and I was going to snoop.

“If Stephanie was here maybe there’s some proof. Stay here. If the maid comes back tell her I'm looking for a bathroom.”

Poppy sighed but nodded. The maid would would probably be busy for a moment since I could hear Layla yelling at Matt from all the way downstairs.

I wandered into a hallway that was right of the kitchen. There where four doors and I discovered two where bedrooms. They appeared untouched so I moved on. Another one was a bathroom full of cleaning supplies. I guess the maid had been cleaning this one when we knocked. The last door turned out to be a home movie theater.

I thought about leaving but something at the front flashed. I crept to the front and discovered a silver bowl with spilled fruit. I felt bad for the maid but this was no proof that Stephanie was here. I flopped down in a seat. There was a beep then a scream erupted from the speakers. I jumped and my eyes flew to the screen. Some blond was tied up as a guy brutally whipped her.

“ Jason!” I ignored the calls of my name. The girl didn’t even try to escape. She just lay on the ground screaming and sobbing. Is this what he was doing to Stephanie? I swear to god . . .

“What in the hell are you doing in my house?” Matt demanded. I tore my eyes from the screen and stood.

“What the hell have you done to my girlfriend?” Matt glared at me before storming over and turning off the big screen.

“Why would I know?”

“Cause you where with her a few days ago!” Matt bites his lip before speaking.

“So what? I gave her some money and a ride to the airport. Other than that I have no clue where she is.” I stared at him a second before I cocked my fist and punched him. He stumbled back and I would have jumped on him but Poppy shoved me back.

Matt put a hand to his busted lip.

“Jason calm down you're going to get arrested!”

“He expects me to believe my girlfriend just left the state and me completely fucking randomly?” Matt scoffed.

'I don’t care if you don't believe it but its the truth. Besides she’s been cheating on you anyway.” I tried to shove past Poppy but she held firm.

“What are you talking about!” Matt smirked and pulled out his cellphone . He tossed it to me and I let it fall to the ground.

“Check my videos. She was late getting to your place on Christmas right?” Poppy sighs and scoops it up.

“She'd never let you touch her after all the shit you put her through.”

“Have you guys even slept together?”

“No. But neither have you. Every time you guys have sex you where raping her. When I find her I'm making sure she presses charges.” Matt's fist clench.

“Jason . . . you might wanna look at this.” Poppy whispers. I glance down at the phone and all I see is Goldilocks splayed across her bed in her blue dress.

**************************************************************************
Stephanie P.O.V.

I didn’t move when Matt opened the door. My mother had left long ago and I sat in stunned silence. I knew. Of course I knew. I was just all to willing to let them tell me different. I really was ruined.

“I'm sorry.” Matt said. My eyes remained fixed the wall as I answered him.

“For what the rape? Maybe the abuse you've put me through?” Matt sat down and flinched. He reached into his back pocket then shoved a pocket knife into one of the front pockets.

I stared at it but Matt interrupted the idea that was forming.

“I'm sorry you found out about the miscarriage.” He said. I grimaced. Calm down Stephanie push it away baby girl. You can cry later, but the baby. . . No. I told myself. Get ready for a performance of a lifetime.

“ I wanted to believe anything.” I whispered not looking at him.

Matt moved closer and I glanced at him. He looked pained and I noticed his lip was busted. My mom?

“Do you want me ruined Matt? Would it make you feel better?” Matt looked away from me.

“I called your mom to help you?”

“You also told her we eloped. All this time I just thought she didn’t care about me and that’s why she never looked for me.”

“What else could I say?!”

“You could have admitted to what you did!”

“It wasn’t my fault!”

“You tied me up and raped me! How is that not your fault?” Matt cursed loudly and slammed his fist into the ground. I jumped and edged farther away. When he finally turned around he was crying.

“The last time I saw you before high school we where so young. I didn't know how fucked up my family was and everything was okay. Then you moved and I grew up fast. It was always about me being perfect and have expectations put on me I couldn’t reach. I thought if I got with you . . . it would all go back to normal.”

“I loved you Matt!” I yelled.
“I was waiting for a chance to be with be with you. But you raped me . . . and then took advantage of how vulnerable I was.” I drew in a shaky breath.
“ Like my mom said you ruined me and now no one will want me.”

Matt closed his eyes and allowed tremors to wrack his body. I moved beside him and cupped his face. He looked in surprise as I leaned forward until our lips brushed.

“Except you and I'm staring to believe your love is the only one I'll get.” Matt slid his arms around my waist.

“I'm so sorry.” He said.

“I know.” He kissed me and I allowed myself to sag in his arms.

“I love you.' He whispered after a few minutes. I kissed his cheek and nuzzled his neck. My hands where trembling now.

“I know.” I laid my head on his shoulder and glanced down. The handle of the pocket knife was sticking out of his pants. I snatched it out and flicked it open before burying it in Matt's back. He let out a stunned gasp then jerked away from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry if you hate this. T-T I promise I'm trying. The phone call at the beginning was supposed to be in italics but it messed up the story format so I took it out.

Unspoken_Lies- Matt's journals being drafted right now along with lots of other things. Once it's posted I'll let you know.

XtremeFairy- Thanks for commenting!

School has started. Yay? I love all of you and I'm working on that wedding one shot. I've never really mentioned Jason's last name huh? I like the name Rhett.

By the way I suck at grammar in case you haven't noticed. *sighs. How is that possible with all the reading I do?* If anyone ones knows someone who'd be willing to assist me in future proofreading please message me! My rewrite of Baby Doll is going well and the fact I'm taking my time is making it less crappy. I think it will shows the improvements in my writing. . .