Status: Done!

Could It Be Love?

Buisness

The business was the same as always, Matt knew it wouldn’t change in a day’s time he was absent. Zack fallowed close behind Matt feeling a little odd from being in a full suit and everyone else was dressed in work clothing but the boss.

“Good morning Mr. Sanders.” The receptionist called towards Matt, he smiled at the short woman sitting behind the desk as he walked closer. He put his palms against the tallish counter slightly leaning over it with anticipation.

“Good morning Michelle, this is Zack Baker the man I am going to be showing around today. Can call Vanessa in I need her to show him the accounting and all that stuff while I’m in my meeting.” Michelle nodded and went to pick up the phone. “No wait; never mind on that last part, can you please just make sure they send up food for two later on?”

“Yes Mr. Sanders.” Matt smiled at her and dragged Zack along to his office. Zack chuckled when he walked into a gigantic office over looking the city.

“What am I going to do while you are at your meeting then?” Zack asked looking up at Matt when the larger man motioned for him to sit down.

“You will be attending it with me. What better way for you to learn about my business other than attending out meeting?” Matt smiled to himself thinking about how good of an idea he had just come up with.

-

Ten thirty rolled around, Matt, Zack and five other business men sat at a long table discussing business. Zack tried to keep as quiet as possible but some times others around the table asked for his opinion thinking he was really part of Matt's Businesses and factories.

“I just don’t think that being in one of our advertisements is a smart idea, do you know how many people would be upset with it.” An old business man names Charlie spoke as his glasses slowly made their way down his nose.

“I think it could capture not only the ones who do it but also the ones who support it as well. I mean if we loose some that’s just how it goes, we need to expand our company’s varieties.” Matt spoke looking at each man around the table even at Zack. “Zack what do you think about it?”

“I think yeah you could get even more support from it than they think.” Zack said looking around the table. Letting Matt know he was talking about the older business men. “The gay community is really large and growing. Also the supporter’s even strait ones could be drawn in by this idea.” Zack said quietly looking up from besides Matt making sure he was saying the right things for his “Boss”. Matt smiled and nodded at Zack.

“Mathew I knew your father for many years and I don’t think this is how he would like his company ran. I mean look at who you have sitting next to you. Would he accept that?” Mr. Wilson the second oldest business man asked the aggravated youngster.

“Quite Frankly Daniel I don’t give a shit how anyone thinks I am running his business, call me selfish, call me an asshole but really I don’t.” Matt spoke looking across the table to the shocked old man. “My father left this business to me because he trusted my every judgment. He knew I could handle it and try my hardest at making his business and factories as successful as I possibly could. No I am trying my damndest to expand to the population today. I want our varieties of advertisement to reach our and touch everyone. Now we all know the gay community is growing and eventually everyone who is against it will have to get use to it. I have accepted it, now its time for you gentlemen to do the same. This is how I am pushing through on this and it’s going to stay this way and I’m not sorry. But it is time for you to pull your heads out of your asses and see what’s going on in the world.”

Matt stood from the table Zack looked up at him wide eyed at the speech he had just given. The hazel eyed man looked down to the others green orbs, he knew the reason behind this speech and he was slowly starting to accept it. He motioned for Zack to stand, and smiled when his shorter friend stood.

“Mathew I don’t think-” Mrs. Newer began but got cut off by Matt.
“I don’t care, this meeting is over.” Matt walked slowly to the door, Zack fallowing suit. “And for she smart ass comment I would rather have him helping me run this entire company than any of you.” He stated before walking through the door.

-

Once back in Matt's office Zack noticed there were two large Chinese take out trays waiting for them. Matt motioned for him to sit down at the opposite side of his desk.

“I’m sorry for that back there; they just pissed me off just because you aren’t like them they think they can say what ever they want.” Matt spoke taking a bite of his food and looking to Zack seeing he was doing the same.

“It’s okay Matt I am different than them, I know it; I mean I’m not some stuck up rich man who has everything. I’m not living in the past and I know what the future holds, and I’m.” Zack said whispering the last part out, wishing he could take back the last two words when Matt spoke.

“You’re what Zack?” Matt asked after waiting a short time for the man to answer. Matt's hand found its way through his buzzed hair rubbing his scalp gently as he took another bite of food.

“I’m gay.” Zack spoke up looking anywhere but Matt, he decided he was no longer hungry and closed his food box.

“Good, you know I won’t judge you. I mean I have no room to judge anyone, no one does. You are who you are and that’s the best thing you could do for your self and anyone around you.” Matt spoke closing up his box as well. “Now I would love to take you down to the machine floor but if anything bad happened to someone else while you were down there or yourself I could get sued for everything I own since you don’t work for me. That means I am going to take you back to the hotel and let you relax for a while I sure know I need too thanks to this headache.”

“I can’t keep imposing on your life Matt. Your girlfriend is having a baby; you need to be home with her not here with me.” Zack spoke looking up at the tired man.

“I know what I need to do and I know what I want to do. Neither of those involves going home to a house I am never happy in. Shit if I could I would live in that damn hotel for ever.” Mat stated looking down at his hands.

“I can’t get use to this Matt, what happens when I do and you go back home and leave me.” Zack said looking out for his own self for once in a few days.

“I am going to stay with you until you get that job you want and even after that I want to help you find somewhere to stay. Even if it’s with me for a while until you save up enough to get your own place.” Matt said smiling when the others mouth dropped open.

“No-no-no I can’t that is way too far Matt really. You are helping me out this much has been more than anyone has in years. I know I can’t ever repay you for it. What if I don’t get the job huh? I mean honestly what are the odds of a guy like me getting that job?” Zack asked looking down once more his feet becoming interesting.

“I think the odds of you getting a job are better than most. You have so many recommendations that I know will back you up on that form Zack and I don’t ask you to repay me for any of it. I know you feel less manly by accepting help but I am asking you to let me help you get back on your feet Zee. Please?” Matt spoke in a soft voice Zack’s mouth going dry he nodded. “Good,” Matt phone went off.

“Hello” Matt asked answering his work phone.

“Matt it’s me, baby I’m sorry we got into a fight the other day. There is some stuff we need to talk about baby. But I just wanted to call and let you know I’m at home, I just got back from the doctors and they said I am on track and Jude should be born next month around the seventh just as planned. Can you come home baby; I really want to try to make things work?” Val asked her fiancé hoping he would give in.

“Sure babe, I’ll be home in about an hour.” Matt said before saying his good byes then hanging up. Zack looked up at Matt. “I have to go home for a few hours, she wants to talk. I will drop you off at the hotel then be back later tonight.

Zack nodded a pang of jealousy running through his body like a wild fire. They stood and grabbed their lunch trays and headed back to the hotel. Zack was getting ready to climb out of the car when Matt gripped his wrist. He turned to look at the other to see what he wanted. Matt placed his hand along Zack’s cheek.

“Please don’t look like some puppy that got scolded Zacky, I promise you I will be back soon.” Matt realize where his hand rested and pulled it away slowly, smiling towards his friend. Zack nodded with a quick good bye and a smile sending Matt on his way.

Matt arrived at home a while later Val walking out of the house to greet him.

“Hey baby, welcome home.” Val spoke smiling up at Matt; she wrapped her arms around his middle. He held her close.

“Hey Val,” Matt spoke, as they walked into the house slowly. He took a seat near the fireplace noticing there were two glasses of champagne sitting on the table.

“Look Matt I am willing to try new things with you so we don’t have to keep living the same things every day.” Val spoke looking down at her sitting fiancé.

“I want Zack to come live with us until he’s on his feet.” Matt blurted out noticing the smile disappear from his fiancés face.

“Zack? The homeless person you helped. Matt I don’t trust anyone to be in this house especially someone I don’t know, I’m having a baby.” Val spoke disgust etched on her face.

“Either he comes and stays with us or I go and get an apartment to share with him until he’s back on his feet.” Matt spoke shaking his head at how his fiancé is acting. Val has never been one to accept new things even if Matt had trusted Zack she never would.

“Then you better start looking now.” Val screeched throwing the pillow from the couch at him; it hit him in the chest. She picked up the glasses and chucked them his way as tears streaked down her face. “Get out.” She yelled as the glasses missed the dodging Matt and shattered against the wall.

Matt ran up stairs and grabbed a few things he felt he needed, he then rushed down the stairs to see Val sitting near the fire, tears streaking down her face.

“The baby might not be yours Mathew.” Val spoke; Matt's movements came to a halt as his hand touched the doorknob.

“Whose?” Matt asked looking down at the knob in his hand ready to twist it. His anger being bottled up inside himself, he knew he needed to explode but he wouldn’t do it around her.

“Remember Jonathan Seward, your dad’s best friend’s son. The one I fuck in your bed every day. It’s his; I’m not as far along as I have been leading you to believe Matt. You were away on business the weekend the doctor suspects I got pregnant.” Val spat waiting for Matt to explode, she wanted a reaction from him but she never got it.

“You can have the house, you can have the shit in it I don’t want it. I already took everything that was important to me so fuck you Val.” Matt stated before turning the door handle and storming from the house as Val broke down into sobs.

He arrived back at the hotel, sat through the too long of an elevator ride and finally when he reached the door he opened it slowly and fell against it when shut.

“Matt what’s wrong?” Zack asked, finally as the tears began to seep from his eyes he looked up to see his friend.

Zack stood and walked forward wrapping Matt in his arms trying to comfort the older man. “What happened?” Zack asked.

“She’s been fucking my father’s best friend’s son in my bed. The baby may not be mine and I grabbed my crap and left. I feel like punching fucking holes in the walls right now Zee.” Matt sobbed out, Zack’s hands brushing down his large back.

“Okay so here’s what were going to do.” Zack said stepping back somewhat making Matt stand on his own once more. He placed his hands on Matt's chest to steady him some as he spoke. “You are going to stop crying.” Zack spoke wiping the tears from around Matt's eyes. “Then I am going to make you go down to the gym and use the punching bags for a while. And yes I know I just said I’m going to make you do it, because personally I don’t want it to be my face.” Zack smiled.

“I would never hurt you.” Matt spoke looking into Zack’s eyes as his tears started to dry, he took a few deep breaths. “What else?”

“Then when you get back you are going to take a relaxing bath and watch some T.V with me while we finish our lunch. Sound good?” Zack asked looking up at Matt, the larger man nodded and smiled before pulling Zack in for another hug.

“Thank you.” Matt spoke giving the others forehead a quick friendly peck as he grabbed Zack and almost literally dragged him down to the gym.

“You’re welcome but come on Mattie I can walk myself.” Zack stated as Matt dragged him, the large man stopped when the nearest elevator signaled the opening of the door. They both walked in slowly, into the elevator and Matt let the door shut before pulling Zack to his chest and hugging him tight.

“I want you to come live with me in an apartment.” Matt spoke looking into Zack’s eyes as he pulled away. “Before you protest I want you to, I don’t feel like being alone right now and you need somewhere to stay. Please Zee?”

“Yeah Mattie I’ll stay with you.” Zack spoke Matt smiled down at him and for a moment he felt like he was going to kiss him, but Zack pulled out of his arms slowly as more people entered the elevator, a knowing smile on his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second post today leave me comments please?