Status: Done!

Could It Be Love?

Who I really am

“Zack!” Matt’s voice was as clear as day in Zack’s head while he felt himself slip into unconsciousness. He could feel the pressure of a hand on his arm as he slowly slipped into the darkness. Panic ran through Matt’s body as he watched Zack’s entire being go limp. “Zacky!”

Sirens were heard all around but Matt couldn’t move his body was confined by his seat belt. He couldn’t get his arms to move Matt couldn’t feel anything, no pain not yet. The jaws of life were brought out to literally cut Zack out of the car. Matt watched his lover be taken out of the car unconscious as he himself was toted away in an ambulance. Eventually he passed out, worries about how Zack was still flooding his mind.

Matt was the first to wake, his first thoughts were ‘where is Zack’ and ‘I hope he’s okay.’ The memories flooding back into his head caused him to cram his fingers into the nurses button on the side of the bed. A woman walked into the room just like nothing bad had happened. A smile on her face that made Matt want to throw up.

“Mr. Sanders I see you have woken up finally, I need to ask you some basic questions to see if you remember who you are.” The woman spoke chewing her gum looking down at the chart she held.

“No need to ask, My name is Matthew Charles Sanders I am in my twenties, I live with my- well I don’t really know what he is to me but I would like to say my boyfriend. He was brought in here with me in the car accident his name is Zack Baker. Is he okay?” Matt said in a rush trying to get to the last bit as fast as he could.

“Mr. Sanders we have run tests on him and we have found some things wrong that need attention but we need the permission from his emergency contact, the chart says that is Brian Haner but there is no number.” The woman spoke letting the board rest on the small table to her left.

“His family disowned him when he was a kid he was homeless when we met.” Matt spoke, the woman gave a sympathetic look his way.

“Then we can’t continue unless his condition worsens.” The nurse spoke checking all of Matt’s machines making sure everything was going okay.

“Can I use the phone?” Matt asked the woman nodded before heading out of the room and onto the next room. Matt looked at the phone on his movable table, he picked it up and dialed a number he thought he would never have to call.

“Hello?” The person on the other line called out laughter evident in their voice.

“Haner I need a favor.” Matt stated willing to get his hide tanned for this but he had to do it.

-

“What did you drag me out my housefor Matt?” Brian asked some what annoyed at being disturbed from his sexual life with his wife.

“ You know a guy named Zack baker.” Matt stated gritting his teeth slightly, Brian shook his head furiously as if telling Matt he is wrong. “ I know you do Brian and this is fucking serious! He needs surgery or he will die! The only way he can get it is by his parent or next of kin allowing it. I need his mothers number now.”

“How do you know Zack?” Brian asked stubbornly his arms folded, keys in his hand.

“I will let you know later, we got in a car accident Brian if he dies its my fault.” Matt called out distressed, “his side of the car was hit but the surgery they have to do is so serious they need someone to approve of it.”

“I haven’t talked to his mom in years, but I have kept up with his brother over the years let me give him a call and see what he can do.” Brian stated walking from the room phone in hand as he stepped outside the hospital.

-

“They are coming now I suggest you tell me why I just did the biggest favor for you.” Brian stated crossing his arms over his chest while he sat in his chair."And it better be good."

“He’s been living with me.” Matt stated his hands crossed in his lap, looking everywhere but at Brian.

“You just let some random bum live with you, come on Matt really. You have to be fucking him.” Brian spat seaming irritated. “Val told me you left her for some homeless man, are you fucking crazy! I didn’t believe her but now- fuck!”

“Shit happens Brian, you of all people know that.” Matt spat back looking up at Brian’s face.

“Does he know who you are, what you are to me? How the hell could you do that to Val.” Brian asked running his hands through his hair, his elbows resting against his knees.

“She fucking cheated on me Brian and you want to make me feel like shit. She got knocked up by Johnny!” Matt yelled, a nurse came into the room and told him Brian had to leave.

“I suggest you tell him who you really are before things get bad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments for more updates