Status: Ongoing, weekly

Are you happy now?

Chapter Two

At the same time as Adam and Sam were fighting, a girl of thirteen in a house down the road from the Thompsons was about to confront her boyfriend of two weeks; she didn’t want to be with him anymore- and he wasn’t going to take it lightly.

“Georgie,” Max said flicking his black hair from his grey eyes. “What’s up, babe?”
Georgina tutted and invited him into the huge hallway with a laminated floor and cream walls displaying pictures of the Lyons family. Georgina was the youngest; her two elder siblings Eddie and Kaitlin who were both twins at twenty three years old, her mother Karen at forty nine and her father aged fifty three. Georgie didn’t seem to take after anyone in her family with her long dirty blond hair and bright blue eyes; the rest of them had either brown or slightly red hair with green eyes.

“Are your parents out?” Max asked, giving her a nudge and a wink. The only way Georgie could describe him politely was that Max was missing a few screws. At eighteen, he was in college but in the bottom set and although age shouldn’t matter when it comes to love, he was completely unaware of just how old Georgina actually was; he still thought she was seventeen.

“Yes, my parents are out but you won’t be here for long, anyway.” Georgina said in the bluntest voice she could manage. Although she appeared confident, she secretly hated break ups- they made her incredibly nervous.

“Max, I don’t want to go out with you anymore.” Georgie managed quickly.
“How come? You got stuff to sort out for uni?” Max asked looking at one of the nearest photographs, his hands deep in his black hoodie’s pockets. He chewed his gum and every now and then created a tiny bubble which he popped with his tongue piercing, creating the most annoying popping sound known to man. Georgie just stood there watching him, hardly believing she invited such a weirdo into her life in the first place.

“Max, I’m not going to university. I was never even going in the first place.” She said, crossing her arms and cocking her hip to one side. Attitude. Max looked at her, no longer chewing as the cogs in his head began to work (it was very difficult for him to do two things at once).

“How come?” he said, giving a brief shrug.
“Because I’m not old enough to go yet, Max.”
“Do they only take eighteen year olds?” Max asked. Georgie paused, sighed and began kneading her forehead with the palm of her right hand. He was so bloody stupid. Bringing her hand down slowly, she put both hands on her hips.
“Max, I’m thirteen years old; very nearly fourteen- in fact in three days’ time I will be. But you never bothered to ask when my birthday was. Hell, you never even asked how old I was in the first place!” she cried, almost laughing by how ridiculous the whole situation was. Max digested the information slowly…very slowly.

“So, how come you look so much older and act so much older and stuff?” he said in a very quick sentence and indicating up and down her body with his left hand.
“I don’t know why I look older but I act older because of how old my brother and sister are. Do you know that I have a brother and sister?” she laughed at how stupid she’d been to go out with such an idiot.
“So… you’re, like, as old as, like, my little sister?”
“If you mean your sister who is eleven then no- I’m older than her.”
“But you’re not that much older than her..?” Max suddenly realised that he’d been kissing a thirteen year old girl for the past two and a half weeks. It didn’t go down well. “Fuck! You’re so young!”
“Well done, Max. So now I’m breaking up with you because I don’t like you anymore. And this gives you a good enough reason to allow this break up.”
“Whatever! You’re thirteen for fuck’s sake! Fuck!!” Max couldn’t believe it. He stumbled backwards, yanked open the door and headed back down the path, swearing as he went.

As he left, Georgina breathed a huge sigh of relief. Boys were stupid and revolting; Max confirmed it all for her. She would wait until a decent man came along before she leapt into any future relationships.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please :)