Status: Ongoing, weekly

Are you happy now?

Chapter Four

Georgina never used straighteners anymore; she was sick and tired of getting done for being late at school. Instead, she had to deal with her natural loose ringlets- which according to most were absolutely gorgeous (although she’ll never see that). Her hair was reasonably short after a recent haircut, bouncing just below her jaw line which accentuated her rather round face. She was classed as pretty or cute- never beautiful because of her bubbly personality which anchored her to her rather childish side.

Moving schools was like a chore to her; they would happen often, take longer than she wanted them to and they would always be a bore to try and finish. This next one- of which she already forgot the name- was known for being a perfect prim school, the highest of the high. Most of the children were stuck up their own arses with massive amounts of pocket money from their parents while the small amounts of others were either one of the following: freaks, geeks or ‘interesting’ people. But she had to admit, no uniform for the sixth form- twelfth and thirteenth year- sounded reasonable (as did the free periods).

Georgie was still late by three minutes, walking straight through to gates without eye contact with other students; the younger ones running around in the playground with their blazers and grey skirts or trousers and yellow and blue ties while the older ones in red ties, standing around talking. No one took any notice of her- or so she thought. She flounced up to the reception desk, popping her bag on the side of the high counter and leaning over, searching for a teacher.

“You know, when wearing a short skirt it’s not exactly wise to lean over like that.” Georgie almost jumped, instead using the adrenaline to twirl round and face whoever it was to give her such a remark.
“Excuse me?” she retorted, looking at a girl slightly taller than her with long brown hair and wide hazel eyes.
“Pink and white stripes?” the girl said coolly, her voice quite low but almost like the voice-over for a yogurt advert. Georgie felt her face flush.
“I beg your pardon?”
“Your knickers, pants- whatever-are pink with white stripes. Or whatever way you want it- they could be white with pink stripes. In other words, either don’t lean over counters like that or put your arse away by wearing a longer skirt or trousers.”

The girl slid past Georgie to look at the late book on the counter, taking a pen and scribbling onto it. Georgie was speechless, opening and closing her mouth to appear not dissimilar to a goldfish. How dare this girl be so rude! It’s not like she has a great taste in style with her ripped jeans and white blouse. Her long brown hair was, admittedly, something to be admired but it needed some form of hair accessory because it hid most of her face. The girl turned to face her again and as if she heard Georgie’s thoughts, she tucked part of her fringe behind her hair revealing a huge blue-purple bruise on her neck. Georgie’s heart kicked:
“How did you get that!?” she squealed, then slapping a hand to her mouth. The girl’s eyes widened before she quickly pushed her hair forward.
“Football,” she answered quickly, secretly cursing herself for forgetting about it. “Don’t walk across the kids’ playground at break or lunch- they never notice you.”
And with that the girl strode off quickly, leaving Georgie still wondering why she was so shocked at the bruise- it really wasn’t that bad…except it was.

“Can I help you?” Georgie span again to see a surprisingly young man behind the reception desk.
“Err…yes I’m new I was wondering where my form room was. Georgina Lyons.” It was like a routine to her now. While the man explained in detail where to go, Georgie glanced down at the late book at the most recent entry: Samantha Jennings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you're enjoying it everyone!