Status: active...ish(: maybe :)

Crash Course

one.

“Ugh. Finally.”
Joanna reached behind the counter and flipped off the lights. She was co-owner at Treble Music. Emily, her best friend since forever, owned the little shop with her. Together, they had built up a steady operation with reasonable income. They loved what they did- bringing the joy of music to people.

The two of them walked out of the back door, and down the street. It's one of those days, Joanna thought, that I am so glad we don't live far away. They shared everything: the store, the apartment, even clothes. Emily and Joanna, Joanna and Emily, never without each other.

Finally, after much walking and climbing of stairs, they busted into their apartment. A beautiful view of downtown Dallas greeted them. The apartment was cheap, the view was great, but no elevator. Oh well. You have to pick your battles.

“You want Chinese or Thai?” yelled Emily from the living room holding the cordless phone, fingers poised over the buttons.

“I don't care. Thai. The usual.” Joanna hollered from her bedroom. She was turning her computer on to check her Mibba. Joanna loved to write, mostly Jonas Brothers fan fiction, but sometimes she wrote a few original short stories. She loved comments. It really gave her motivation to continue writing. Oh great. Another hate comment. Usually she just ignored and deleted them, but this time she was pissed. Joanna made a journal. And was very colorful with her words.

Soon, the food was there. Joanna and Emily ate in silence, only the sound of their munching echoing through the apartment. After a long while, Emily suggested that they should go to the park, so Joanna could blow off some steam. Joanna agreed. She had a sucky day already. She just needed to get out.

They cleaned up, and Joanna retreated back to her room. She threw on her old college t-shirt, the one sh e dropped out of after three months, and a pair of running shorts. As she was tightening up the laces of her sneakers, she heard Emily walk through her doorway.

“Do you wanna take the car?” Emily asked.

“Uh, DUH. I'm not walking back here after a run.”

“God, what is with you?” Emily asked, miffed.

“Nothing. I'm just,” Joanna paused. “Just stressed out.”

Emily came over and gave her a hug. “Okay. Now lets get going.”

Joanna quickly finished tying her shoes, grabbed her iPod and running case, and headed out the door, Emily right on her heels.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is my first cowrite and i hope you like it! updates will be sporadic, but keep checking! reviews are wonderful so please do that. (:
xxLauren(: