Mary's Song (Oh My My My)

Young

I like the way
You throw away
The keys, forget your car
To walk with me
The way you always found
The way to see the finer things
Now would you
Love me, if I was crazy
Girl, I'm going crazy for you
I'm crazy for you
Lets waste away together
We can stay this way forever
Because we're never gonna be as young as we are tonight
We'll let the world know we're alive
We're here to chase the flashing lights
Just wait and see
And there's no need to complicate it
This will be our year to take it
We're never gonna be as young as we are tonight


“Ow!” I winced in pain.

“Hold still!” Zach said holding my hand closer to his face.

“Ow!” I said again as he poked the needle into my skin!

“Almost got it.” He said sticking out his tongue. “There.” He smiled holding up the splinter that was in my palm of my hand. I pouted and rubbed where he was poking the needle.

“That hurt!”

“Oh come here.” He said grabbing my hand again. He gently placed his lips to the red spot on my hand kissing it. “Better?”

“No!” I smiled.

“You’re such a baby!”

“Maybe I should poke a needle in your skin and see how you like it!”

“Let’s not and say we did.” He smiled.

“You’re a mean friend!”

“But I’m the best mean friend you have.”

“Well the guys are catching up to you.” I joked.

“Not a chance.” He winked.

I’ve know Zach my whole life. I was the girl who lived next door. Our parents were really good friends so naturally we grew up with each other. I’ve caught our parents saying that we’re going to wind up together. I never told anyone that though. And just like that when I got older I grew to like Zach in a different way. I kept that my little secret and I was pretty good and hiding it.

Once we got into high school Zach started a band with Nathan. He was always recording songs at Nathan’s house and I was always shopping with my friends. But then Zach got the smart idea of asking Michael, Tom and Cameron to join the band and they did. Then they went to the Jonas Brother movie premier and handed out fliers and got ask to be in a competition on Disney. Once Zach found out he ran into my room to tell me. I never saw him happier.

He was always busy and tried his hardest to make time for me. He would always choose me over whoever he was dating at the time. All his girlfriends always hated me. They didn’t like how close Zach and I are and that he was always with me and not them. In the end they would break up with me because of it even though Zach would never tell me that. But my best friend was famous now and going on tour leaving me behind here in San Diego.

“When do you leave tomorrow?” I asked. We were sitting on his front porch sitting in the swing slowly rocking back and forth. My head was on his chest and his arm was around me.

“Ten in the morning.” He sighed.

“Sounds fun.”

“I’m going to miss you, you know.”

“I know.” I smiled. “Whatever will you do without me?”

“Call you ever single day just to hear your voice.” He kissed the top of my head. I looked up at him. “I love you Breyandra.” My heart started racing and he could probably feel it.

“I love you too Zach.” He leaned down to kiss me.

Everything was perfect. The boy I love, who was my best friend, loved me back and now he was mine. But he’s going on tour for 3 months. Great timing.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story....beginning's always suck!
Like it?
Comment.
Subscribe.
Check out my other stories.