Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 10

For some reason, it took me forever to fall asleep. Thoughts kept running through my head so quickly that I couldn’t sort them all out. After hours of tossing and turning, I finally fell asleep and had the absolute strangest dream…

Dad and I were walking through a mall, which was weird all by itself, since Dad and I hadn’t done anything together, just the two of us, since I was eight.

“So where do you want to go first, pumpkin?” he asked in a cheery, very un-Dad-like voice. It kind of scared me, even in my unconscious state.

“Wherever’s fine,” I replied uneasily. My eyes kept darting back and forth, as if I was watching out for something or expecting something to happen.

Then, out of nowhere, a midget (probably about two and a half feet tall) with white blonde hair came out of nowhere and jumped up.

“HIYA!” it squeaked, karate-chopping Dad in the face. Then, the second the deed was done, he scampered away, disappearing after a second.

The pure hilarity of what had just happened almost shocked me awake, but I managed to cling to my slumber for just a few seconds longer.

Just enough for Dad to turn to me and say, “That was strange, wasn’t it? Well, at least there was no harm done.” But there was harm done. His facial features were twisted around his face, distorted and, ultimately, kind of creepy.

It snapped me into consciousness. Looking over at my alarm clock, I put a hand to my head, feeling the clamminess that had arisen there. “Oh my God,” I mumbled, stifling a yawn, “I need to stop eating pizza so close to bedtime.”

As if punctuating my sentence, my alarm clock started blaring. “Shush, shush, shush,” I ordered it, reaching over and slamming my hand down on the off button.

I got ready fairly quickly before running off to school. Thankfully, I wasn’t too tired because it was FRIDAY. Fridays always made me in a slightly better mood because that meant the weekend. Two days of freedom. Well, minus going to the mall with Kurt.

Kidding!

Kinda.

“Red!” I heard the second I stepped through the front doors. Puck came over immediately and put his arm around me.

“Um, what the hell are you doing?” I snapped, taking his hand from around me and putting it back by his side.

“The guys are on me about having a girlfriend. Come on, just play along.”

I let out a snort of laughter. “And it never occurred to you that this is why you don’t have a girlfriend? Because you’re a jackass who thinks that every girl is in love with you?”

“They’re not in love with me,” he argued with a cocky smile, “they just want me.”

“Why did I think you were cool for, like, five seconds?” I asked him before speeding up to get away from him. I actually thought he was an okay guy. My mistake.

For almost the entire day, I kept to myself, trying not to talk to anyone. Sure, there were brief words here, some repeats of instructions there, but mostly just…silence.

Then…there was Spanish. I took my seat, just like I always did, minding my own business. Then she came out of nowhere.

“So, please tell me what’s going between you and Puck. It’s all over school,” Rachel smiled, sitting down next to me. Ah, I was okay again because it was possible that I was taken, so I would stay away from Finn. At least I was starting to be able to keep track of all the mood swings.

“There’s nothing going on between Puck and me, and if one more person asks me that, I’m going to bite the head off a live chicken,” I snapped without thinking. I knew that I was taking my anger out on the wrong person, but at that point…I didn’t really care.

“That sounds kind of gross…” she trailed off simply.

I shrugged, even though the mental image that I’d given myself kind of made me want to barf.

“So you’re not going out with Puck?”

“No, and I don’t plan on ever doing so.” When she didn’t answer for a minute, I just opened up my notebook and got ready to take notes.

She shot me a dirty look before getting up and walking across the classroom. And I was no longer on her List of Likeable People anymore. Like I cared in the slightest.

Then, finally, Glee Club rolled around. “Guess who’s performing today?” Puck questioned, sitting down next to me and putting his hands behind his head to look as cool as possible.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, gee, I wonder. It couldn’t be you, could it?”

“Someone’s angry,” he teased, sitting forward again. “I can change that.”

Instead of answering him, I just kept my eyes on the clock as second after second ticked by. I never thought I’d be waiting until the end of Glee Club.

Wait…Puck was my ride…so I was going to have to wait until after his football practice to go home.

Damn it.

Since when did I want to get home? Another mystery for the ages.

“Puck, you’re up!” Mr. Schue announced as he entered the room. Puck, with his smug grin and friggin’ annoying cocky attitude, picked up his guitar and made his way to the front.

“Okay, so this guy was just doubly cool because he was black, and he basically grew up with a Jewish family. That means that he’s, like, an honorary Jew.” He looked at the neck of his guitar for a second, just to make sure that his fingers were on the correct frets, before strumming.

He had taken When You’re Smiling by Louis Armstrong and remixed it a little, making it slightly faster and more modern. His voice was absolutely amazing; I loved it. I hated to admit it, but his performance was really good.

It didn’t hurt that the entire time, he was looking straight at me.

He was congratulated after his performance, to which he just replied, “I know,” before coming and sitting back next to me. I ignored him for the remainder of Glee.

When Glee ended, I tried to escape out of the room without Puck, deciding that the less I talked to him, the better. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out too well because he thought it would be a good idea to hurry and catch up with me.

“So, what did you think of my performance. Pretty sexy, right?” He winked at me.

“It was good, I’ll give you that,” I replied coolly.

“And?”

“And what?”

“And you’ll play along when I try to make it look like I’m sleeping with you?” he finished.

I gave him a look of disbelief. “Hell, no.”

“But I sang a song to you! Chicks dig that!”

“It was nice, but I’m not going to go along with that, ever.”

It didn’t seem like Puck was listening to me though, instead just staring at me. “What the hell are you looking at?” I questioned him.

“Your ears…they aren’t pierced.”

Blushing fiercely, I started pushing him into the boys’ locker room. “Oh, look at that, you’re going to be late for practice, better go get changed and stuff so I’ll see you later, okay, bye!” I rushed as quickly as I could.

His smirk was cocky, but he did as I ordered.

Perfect, I thought to myself in a sigh, now he has something to hold against me… Damn it.
♠ ♠ ♠
The karate-chopping in the face was a request by one of my lovely readers. :) Enjoy.