Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 15

“Hello,” Kurt greeted as he pulled up next to my locker the next day at school. I was tired, since Grayson stayed overnight, and, at the worst time possible, he decided that he was going to be difficult to put to sleep. Finally, we both passed out around eleven thirty, and I had to get up at six.

“Hi,” I replied, trying not to yawn in his face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Puck walking down the hallway, his backpack slung over his left shoulder. I turned to make eye contact with him.

He met my gaze for a second, but looked back forward as I made the slightest smile.

Sighing slightly, I closed my locker and leaned against it for a second. Kurt looked down the hallway at Puck’s back before turning back to me. His eyebrows were raised as he asked, “What happened? Tell me everything.”

“I’ll get you at lunch, okay?” I told him before walking down the hallway toward my first class.

* * *

All throughout English, I kept tapping my pencil on my desk, staring blankly at the front of the classroom as my teacher talked about some grammar rule that we’d already learned a thousand times.

“Will you cut that out?” Quinn turned around and snapped at me.

Quinn Fabray was the gorgeous blonde cheerleader that every guy wanted and every girl wanted to be. She was a couple inches taller than me and thin. Her eyes were green and expressive, showing right away whether she liked you or not.

Clearly, I was grouped in the latter.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, throwing my pencil down on my desk. Quinn shot me another look before turning in her seat to face the front.

I rolled my eyes and tried to listen to what the teacher was saying. “And so,” she explained, “when you’re addressing a person, there should always be a comma before the name. Here’s an example.”

She turned toward the board and started scribbling down some stupid sentence that she made up off the top of her head. Folding my arms on top of my desk, I laid my head on top of them.

There was a strong dreading in my stomach, saying that it was going to be a long day.

* * *

“Okay, it’s lunch. Tell me,” Kurt demanded as we sat down at a lunch table. After tossing my brown bag with my sandwich and bag of pretzels down, I sat down and turned to face him.

After the story was told, Kurt sucked in a breath. “Wow…you rejected Puck?” His voice had a tone of wonder to it.

“Um, yeah.” I unwrapped my turkey sandwich and took a bite. “Why?”

“Because…no one rejects Puck. That’s why he’s acting weirdly. He’s not really sure what to do.”

I let out a laugh. “That’s kind of sad that he’s never been turned down before.”

“No one has any willpower against him,” Kurt sighed. “Well, who would want to?”

I turned around slightly and found Puck across the cafeteria, getting a tray of food in the lunch line. Ugh…why would anyone buy the school food? Just sitting in the same cafeteria with it made me kind of nauseas, never mind having it go into my body. Yuck.

“I wish he wasn’t being so weird, though,” I expressed, turning back to Kurt. “I miss us hanging out and him driving me home every day.”

“Then tell him that,” he advised. “He can’t know if you don’t say anything.”

Watching as Puck sat down at his table with all the jocks, I bit my lip. “I will…just not now. I’m not about to go over there.”

“Will you stop biting your lip?!” he scolded, making his eyes wide. “How many times do I have to tell you?”

“Right,” I muttered, clenching my teeth together.

* * *

“Attention, Glee Clubbers!” Mr. Schue announced, walking into the room with a big smile on his face. Someone was in a good mood. “Who wants to go first?”

“We will,” Puck stood up and glanced over at me. My eyebrows drew together in confusion, but I stood up and walked over to him.

“What are you doing?” I hissed.

“I thought you said you wanted to go first. So here we are,” he answered curtly.

“Okay, I know I said that, but we’re not exactly getting along right now,” I reminded him, watching as he got his guitar ready.

“The show must go on,” he recited smugly.

Rolling my eyes, I stood in front of the group and waited for Puck to start. Once he did, we performed the song, but it didn’t have the emotion behind it that it did when we sang in the auditorium. It was obvious that we didn’t like each other, and everything was just wrong.

No one said anything. Instead, they all looked at Mr. Schue and waited for him to give us some critique.

“That was a great song choice,” he nodded, looking for the positive. “But there was nothing behind it. When you pick a song, there should be dynamic. There just…wasn’t in your performance.”

I shot Puck an angry look. “I know,” I responded.

Since no one else said anything, I went back to my seat next to Kurt. My eyes followed Puck as he returned to his seat and noticed that he sat down next to Santana.

“Dick,” I mumbled under my breath, wriggling in my chair as I sat up straighter. Finn and Tina were starting their duet, but I couldn’t pay attention. Instead, my eyes were focused only on Santana whispering something in Puck’s ear, and he smiled seductively. I didn’t even want to know.

“He’s only trying to make you jealous,” Kurt whispered to me, watching the same thing I was. “Don’t give him the satisfaction.”

“I’m trying,” I answered sadly. It wasn’t working though, the stone still settled heavily in the bottom of my stomach. Just don’t look at them, I ordered myself.

As Finn and Tina were singing, I tried to keep my attention on them, but my eyes kept wandering over to Puck and Santana. What the hell was wrong with me? I didn’t even like him, right? That was why I rejected him.

God, life was so freakin’ complicated.

“Great job, guys!” Mr. Schue awarded as he clapped. Shit! I didn’t even know what song they sang! Whatever.

“Anyone want to go next?” Mr. Schue questioned.

Artie turned around and nodded slightly at Mike. “Mike and I will,” Artie offered, rolling forward.

The two gave an awesome rendition of Soul Man by the Blues Brothers, which made me smile widely. That song always reminded me of the show that I used to watch when I was a kid, Drake and Josh. Good memories…

After they finished, Mr. Schue dismissed us. Everyone gathered their stuff and filed out of the room.

I caught Puck right before he disappeared into the boys’ locker room. “Ellie?” he asked, kind of surprised to see me there. It struck me that he was no longer using my nickname.

“Don’t bother to look for me after practice. I’m walking home,” I said simply before brushing past him and stepping out into the bright sunlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww. Awkwardness. :(