Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 22

“And here we are,” Puck announced flatly as we pulled to a stop in front of a house. It was small, but nice. Not really where I expected him to live at all. I didn’t even really picture him with a family, even though I knew he had one.

“I like it,” I told him truthfully with a smile. He rolled his eyes without making a comment as he got out of the car. Quickly, I did the same.

When we got to the house, he opened the door harshly. As if she was waiting for this moment, a young girl darted down the stairs. She didn’t look a whole lot like Puck, but there was a definite resemblance.

“You the girlfriend of the week?” she snickered.

“I guess,” I shrugged, not letting her get the best of me. After all, she kind of had a point. I just had to hope that Puck and I lasted more than a day.

“Get out of here, bitch,” he snapped at her. She shot him an annoyed look before scampering back up to her room, stomping dramatically.

“Sorry about her,” he sighed. “She’s kind of…”

“She was alright,” I laughed. “Don’t worry about it.”

“She likes to think that I have a new girlfriend every week. That’s so not true.” I opened my mouth to oppose, but he continued. “Most of them aren’t girlfriends, and almost none of them even last a week.”

“You’re so classy,” I joked, rolling my eyes. “So what are we doing here, again?”

“Because I had to get something. I just don’t…remember what…” He stared off into space, looking braindead. “Do you know what it was?”

“You never told me…”

“Damn.” I couldn’t help but laugh at the expression on his face. “Then I guess we came here for nothing.”

“That’s alright.”

He took my hand and led me out of the house, calling some sort of warning to his sister before he slammed the door shut.

“You know, you’re lucky to have a sibling,” I told him.

He glanced at me like I was crazy. “Sure.”

“You are. I don’t have any siblings, and it can get lonely. Until Grayson came along, I just used to sit up in my room and watch TV. Kind of boring.”

“I like to hide up in my room. When I’m home, anyway. And it’s so much better when she isn’t home so that she doesn’t knock on the door and ask me all kinds of dumb questions.”

“Just try to appreciate her a little more,” I told him to end the subject. “So where are we going now?”

“Are you hungry? ‘Cause I’m starving.”

“I could eat,” I responded indifferently.

“Cool.” He started his car and pulled out of the driveway, starting down the street. Finally, he pulled up in front of a diner, and we hurried inside, since it was starting to rain.

I whined a little when we sat down, reaching over the table to grab a napkin. “My makeup’s running.”

“It looks fine,” he assured me.

But I continued to dab at it anyway, getting little clumps of mascara and bits of eye shadow.

“Hi,” a waitress smiled at Puck. “I’m Laura, and I’ll be your server. Can I start you off with a drink?”

“Coke,” Puck ordered before sitting back.

“Um, water, please,” I smiled. That way, I could wet the napkin and get the makeup off a little easier. Normally, I would have gone to the bathroom, but they didn’t have one there, since it was so small. It kind of sucked.

“She totally checked me out.” The smirk on his face was evident. When he looked over to see my cocked eyebrow, he quickly covered with, “Not that I noticed.”

“I’m not delusional,” I snickered. “I know that girls are going to check you out, and that doesn’t bother me.”

“Really?”

“Really.” I shrugged as Laura put the cups down in front of us. Immediately, I dipped my napkin into it and finished cleaning up under my eyes.

“Do you guys know what you want to eat?” She reached into the half-apron-type-thing around her waist, pulling out a writing pad and pen. Clicking her pen open, she poised to take down our orders.

Puck ordered a cheeseburger with everything (such a guy thing), and I ordered a turkey club sandwich. What I didn’t understand was that he just stated what he wanted, very simply. I always had the inclination to tack a please and thank you on the end. In all my years, I’d never met anyone who didn’t say please.

Was I being overcritical? Was I too polite? Oh my God, why was I analyzing myself so much?

“You okay over there?” Puck questioned, a smile tugging at his features. “You look like you’re having a major brain fart.”

“No,” I chuckled, “I’m fine. Just spacing out, I guess.”

He seemed to sense that I was lying, but he didn’t pursue the subject. “So when are you taking care of Gray again? He was a pretty cool kid.”

“Hopefully soon. You were great with him.”

“What can I say? No one can resist the charm of Puckzilla.” He gave me a grin, which made my heart beat just a little faster.

These feelings were foreign to me, so it was strange. All I could do was take them in stride. I wish I was one of those girls that had more confidence around guys, but I couldn’t get myself to.

“You wish no one could.”

“I won you over, didn’t I?”

Ugh… I couldn’t really argue with that logic. Oh, wait… “Yeah, but I’m not everyone. Plus, I never really hated you. Except the time that I thought you spread that rumor around the school.”

“Right…” He rotated his shoulder for a second, being dramatic as he remembered me shoving him into the locker. “Yeah, that wasn’t a lot of fun.”

“It wasn’t my fault. I had every right to think it was you.”

“I’ll give you that.”

Our food arrived then, and I realized just how hungry I was. My stomach growled loudly, and Puck laughed. “I’ve never heard a girl’s stomach make that noise before.”

“Then you haven’t lived,” I retorted, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing fiercely.

After we were done, I threw a couple of bills on the table to pay for my half, but Puck shoved it back at me. “I’ll cover it this time.”

“Nope,” I shook my head, putting my money back where it was. “I’m paying for my meal, and that’s final.”

He opened his mouth to protest again, and so I leaned closer to him. “If you don’t let me pay for my part, then I’m going to take your money and shove it down your throat.”

That made him realize what I was thinking, and he snickered. “Alright, alright.”

“Glad we’re on the same page.” I gave him an innocent smile.

“You’re a vicious little girl,” he informed me. As if I wasn’t already aware of this fact.

He just got another smile from me as our waitress came over to collect our dirty plates and hand us our check. Immediately, I thrust it back into her hand with my money.

“How did you know that I was going to give her my money?” Puck questioned suspiciously.

“Because I guess I just know you,” I answered slowly.

That was a strange thought…a girl actually knew Noah Puckerman. Someone actually lasted long enough to figure some stuff out.

I was making history every day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mostly dialogue, but it gives a little taste of how Puck and Ellie's relationship is starting to take off. :)