Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 29

“Oh my God,” I mumbled, collapsed on the floor of the music room, just about dying after three straight hours of dancing. Dancing was so. Freakin’. Hard. “I feel like I’m about to keel over and die.”

“That’s why you’re not supposed to have any extra baggage,” Santana snapped at me with a smirk.

“I would pummel you if I had the energy,” I replied matter-of-factly. “Either that or make a witty comeback. But I just can’t right now, so I owe you.”

Puck let out a snicker, and I whined at him.

“Alright,” Mr. Schue started, standing next to my sweaty figure. “Looks like it’s time to quit for the day.”

“Yay!” I cheered half-heartedly, trying to fist pump. “I just hope I’m not like this after Sectionals…’cause that’d be embarrassing.”

“It’s very soon,” Mr. Schue responded. When he was looking down at me, I could see up his nose. Kind of a weird thing to point out, but it was true.

“Okay, up you go,” Puck sighed, grabbing my hand and yanking me to my feet. My body was sore from head to toe, and I took a second to wallow in my pain.

Taking a deep breath, I sucked up enough energy to make my way out into the hallway.

“Are you sure you’re not being dramatic?” Puck laughed as he saw me limping along.

“Alright, I’m being a little dramatic,” I told him, straightening up and walking normally. I was sore, tired, and disgustingly sweaty, but I could walk. Yay for walking!

“That’s what I thought.” He pulled me close to him and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

“Ew.” I pushed him away from me. “I’m all gross.”

“That’s alright with me.”

“No. I desperately need a shower.”

He pulled me back close to him and whispered in my ear, “I could help with that.”

This time, I couldn’t help but chuckle as I pushed him away. “Alright, you’re done. Just shut up.”

“Ouch. That hurts.”

“Good.” Before I knew what was happening, I walked face-first into the metal frame of the main doors.

Letting out a little whimper, I started rubbing my head with my hand. “Ow,” I sniffled. “Why didn’t you warn me?”

“I didn’t see it either. But now you have a red spot on your forehead, and the rubbing is making it worse.”

I stuck out my tongue and put my hand down. Puck immediately burst into hysterics.

“I hate you!”

“No, you don’t. You love me, and you know it.”

“You wish I loved you,” I shot back before making my way down the steps. My head was hurting even more, which wasn’t fun.

“Does your head hurt?” he questioned.

“Yes, Einstein. What gave it away? You seeing me walk into the metal, or seeing me rub my head constantly? Or was it the fact that I wince a little whenever you talk?”

He ignored my biting sarcasm completely. “Want me to kiss it and make it better?”

Hm…an offer hard to pass up. Sticking out my lip in a pout, I leaned forward ever-so-slightly.

Puck pressed his lips gently against my forehead. “Feeling better?”

“Sure,” I responded, humoring him.

We were quiet as we climbed into Puck’s car. He started the engine and turned up the radio, filling the car with the smooth sound of a song that I’d never heard before.

“So, to your house?” Puck suggested, pulling out of his parking spot.

“Um…sure.”

“I’m not trying to talk you into it, Red.”

“Want to hang out, then?” I grinned widely at him to try to convince him.

“Um…sure,” he teased.

I leaned back in the seat and let the song fill my brain. “I like this,” I told him. “What is it?”

“You’re a bad 80’s fan. It’s Rock Me Tonite by Billy Squier.”

“Whoops,” I laughed. “Wait, I know that song…” After the chorus came around, I let out a little, “Yup, there it is.”

“And people think I’m stupid.”

“You are stupid.” He pulled into my driveway, and I immediately hopped out of the car, hurrying to the door. Once we were upstairs, our conversation picked up again.

“Well, you’re stupid, too. And stubborn.”

“Are you trying to start a fight?” I kept my tone light-hearted, but my question was real. It sure sounded like it.

“No. I’m just telling you that you are. Like…for example, I’m trying me best to make you happy, and you just keep thinking about all the stuff I used to do. You don’t even trust me.”

“You haven’t really given me reason to,” I reminded him.

“I haven’t cheated on you yet! That’s gotta get me some points.”

“So I should trust you because you haven’t given me a reason not to yet? That’s twisted logic.”

“Well, what can I do to gain it?”

His question caught me off-guard. What? “Why does it even matter?”

“Because I want to know! We’re in a relationship or whatever, right? So aren’t you supposed to trust me?”

Damn. He had a point. How annoying. “Well, I don’t know. I guess the longer you don’t cheat on me, then the more I’ll trust you.”

“There’s no faster way?”

I finally sat down on my bed, realizing that this conversation was starting to simmer down. “Nope. Trust isn’t an easy thing to build with someone.”

“Damn it,” he hissed, lying down next to me.

“Sorry,” I laughed a little. Then, I lied down next to him, and we both stared at the ceiling.

“Eh, it’s not your fault. I guess I deserve it.”

My head snapped in his direction. “Since when do you admit that you ever do anything wrong?”

“Since…I don’t know. I’m feeling not-so-cocky today, for some reason. Don’t get used to it.”

“Oh, I’m not. I actually think it’s kinda strange.”

“No, you think it’s hot.” He turned his head so that he was facing me.

“And there’s the cocky back!”

Puck leaned forward and kissed me softly, just for a second. My eyebrows drew together. “What, no pressuring me to make out with you?

“That an offer?” He raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

“No. Just wondering.”

But his eyes were intense in mine, and I found myself moving closer, touching my lips to his again. Just as he was rolling over so he was on top of me, I pulled away.

“Shit!” he exclaimed. “So close! I thought that I got you!”

“Nope.” I gave him a cocky smile, much like the ones that he gave me.

“Ellie!” Mom interrupted, knocking loudly on the door. “I don’t approve of you having a boy in your room.”

I held a finger to my lips before yelling back, “Mom, it’s okay. We’re only having sex. No big deal.”

“YOU BETTER NOT BE-” she started to scream back.

Even though I had warned Puck to be quiet, I started laughing loudly, ruining the whole joke. Mom let out a loud sigh before walking away. I guess she was satisfied knowing that I was kidding about the sex thing.

“We could give her something to wonder about,” Puck informed me suggestively.

“If I won’t make out with you, what the hell makes you think I’ll have sex with you?” I questioned with a laugh.

He shrugged and smiled at me. “Worth a shot.”

“Yeah, whatever.” I stuck my tongue out at him and smiled.

God, he was hot.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)