Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 31

“Whoa,” Puck let out in a breath as I climbed into the car and threw the diaper bag on the floor in front of the passenger’s seat.

“Hold on. I can explain, but I gotta put the baby seat in the back.” I shut the door and got everything set in the backseat. Grayson put up a small fight, trying to kick me, as I strapped him in, since he was in one of his energetic moods. That meant that any form of confinement, including me holding him, was the enemy.

“Please cooperate,” I begged. Something in the tone in my voice made him stop for a second, just enough time for me to buckle everything into place.

“Ellie!” he screeched, trying to rip the seatbelt away from him, but it just snapped right back into place.

“Sorry, kid, but you’re not that strong.” I smoothed his light hair away from his forehead before I climbed in the front. Turning around, I put a cat toy in his hand, a ball with a bell inside, and he was thoroughly fascinated, making him forget all about the fact that he wasn’t able to move.

“So…reason we’re bringing Gray along with us?” Puck questioned as he looked through the rear mirror to back out of the driveway. Before he turned around, he grinned at Grayson, who let out a little squeal of delight.

“My mother’s a bi-Um, she’s a total jerk. She knew that I had a Glee Club thing today, but she made plans or something, dumping Grayson on me. I had to bring him. We’ll find something to do with him.”

When we got to the bus, I took the whole car seat out of the car and carried it. “Puck, will you grab his diaper bag, please? I can’t carry both.”

“Sure,” he responded, doing as I asked without question. Thank God he was being nice for a change.

We climbed onto the bus, the last to arrive. As I expected, Santana immediately let out a snort of laughter. “Wow…who knew you were a slut? A stupid one, at that. Haven’t you heard of a condom?”

“Haven’t you heard of class?” I shot back. “He’s my cousin, Miss Braindead. Can’t you tell that he looks nothing like me?”

“GIRLS!” Mr. Schue exclaimed. “There are more important matters right now than your hatred for each other. What are we going to do with a child? Why would you bring him?”

“Because I had no choice. My mother made plans and told me to take care of him, even though she knew that I had Sectionals. She’s just a horrible woman. I can’t help it.”

I sat down in a seat toward the front, Puck sitting in the aisle seat. Grayson was starting to get extremely antsy, so I finally released him from his prison, plopping the seat down in Puck’s lap.

“Hold this?” I questioned, fixing Grayson on my lap so he could stand up and watch the scenery go by.

“You so owe me,” he snickered.

Rolling my eyes, I pretended that I didn’t hear him. “And who’s this?” Kurt asked from behind me.

Grayson grinned as he looked over at Kurt. “This is my cousin, Gray.”

Immediately, Gray put his arms in the air and started opening and closing his fists, stomping his feet on my thighs. “You want to hold him?”

“Sure.” I handed the baby over to Kurt, who whispered to him while pointing to things outside the window. Thank God that there were people in Glee willing to help with my situation.

“I knew your mom was crazy,” Puck shook his head, “but I never knew she was this bad.”

“Neither did I. I love Grayson and all, but he’s not really the ideal guest for Sectionals. Where, exactly, is he going to go?”

“I’m sure a pedophile would love to have him,” he joked.

I slapped him on the arm. “Can you not say that? He’s a baby, and he’s my cousin. The last thing I want is for him to be in the hands of a pedo. Thanks.”

“I was just joking,” he mumbled, massaging his arm.

“Um…Ellie…” Kurt trailed off, clearing his throat. “I think Gray needs to be changed.”

“Oh, that’s rank,” Mercedes expressed.

I looked at the ceiling of the bus, silently pleading with God to give me strength. Without another word, I took him into my arms and smelled. Yup. Definite diaper change needed.

“We’re not going to be there for another twenty minutes,” I muttered as he jumped up and down on my lap, pointing at something. It was probably a cow. He kind of had an obsession with cows.

“Moooo!” he squealed, confirming my suspicions. “Moooo!”

“Tell that kid to shut up!” Santana sighed from the back.

I snapped my head around, setting Gray down in Puck’s lap. “Hi,” I heard him mumble at the babbling child.

“Santana, he’s a toddler. If he wants to moo when he sees a cow, then God damn it, he should be able to moo! Now stop being such a stuck-up bitch, and try shutting your mouth for a change!”

There was a chorus of ‘oooooo’s from around the bus.

“I swear to God,” Mr. Schue scolded as he stood up, “if either of you says a single word against each other for the rest of the day, you’re both out of Glee the second we’re done performing at Sectionals. Do you hear me?”

Grayson accented the threat by bursting into tears. “Sorry,” I mumbled, pulling him onto my lap, ignoring the smell, and bouncing my knee. “Sharp voices make him upset.”

“All the more reason to get along with one another,” Mr. Schue concluded before sitting back in his seat. The bus driver looked like he was ready to abandon the vehicle and just jump out of the window while we were still moving.

“It’s alright,” I murmured softly in Grayson’s ear. His tears had pretty much stopped, and he was staring out the window again.

When we finally arrived, I struggled to get everything together. “Want me to hold him?” Puck offered, standing up.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I handed Grayson over. “Thank you. Just make sure that you don’t let him squirm out of your grasp, but don’t squish him to death either.”

“Got it,” he noted, pulling Grayson close to his hip. “God, he smells bad.”

“I’ll change him right when we get in there.”

Mr. Schue let us run ahead to change him while he gathered the rest of Glee Club together, probably to give them some inspirational speech on how far they’d come and how great they were…not that we hadn’t heard it a thousand and one times before.

Pushing the door open to the bathroom, I nodded toward the inside. “Come on, Puck.”

“But…that’s the chicks’ bathroom. You might have no problem going into the dudes’ bathroom, but I don’t roll that way.”

“I need help,” I sighed, grabbing his arm with my free hand and dragging him with me.

“I’m not going to be any help. I don’t know how to change a diaper.”

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t need your help with the mechanics. I need you to find a diaper and the wipes. Can you handle it?”

Puck scoffed as I pulled the changing table down and lied Grayson down on top of it. He squirmed a little as I took everything off and cleaned him up.

“Here ya go,” I granted, handing Puck the soiled diaper, watching for his reaction.

“Gross!” he exclaimed, dropping it on the ground. “What the hell?”

“Aw, it won’t kill you,” I laughed, putting the new diaper on Gray as he giggled at Puck’s reaction. Right when he was all cleaned up, he tried to walk off the changing table.

“No, you don’t.” I placed Grayson down on the floor and let him run around, pushing all of the stall doors open. “I’m going to wash my hands. Please throw out that diaper.”

Puck did as I asked, but not without grumbling to himself. Chuckling a little, I scrubbed my hands clean, and picked up Grayson before he could climb into the toilet.

“We should get back to Glee,” Puck started, taking the diaper bag.

I nodded and followed him out of the bathroom, walking down the hallway with Grayson waving at every person that walked by.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry for not updating yesterday. I had an emergency babysitting job because my uncle fell off a ladder at work. :/ Anyway, I hope this part was worth the wait! Ha-ha. I'll update later today again, just to make up for everything. :)