Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 34

“Your mom,” Puck vented, sitting on my bed and watching me throw crap-loads of clothes into a giant duffel bag, “is a fucking bitch.”

“You say this like I haven’t realized it,” I sighed. “But try to keep your language to a minimum around Grayson, please.”

“You didn’t hold back when you were snapping at Santana,” he reminded me.

“Lapse of judgment,” I replied, zipping the bag. After a few minutes of searching through my drawers, I realized that I had grabbed the majority of the clothes that I wore. On top of all the clothes, I threw the tiny bag that was used for toiletries, which I usually only used on the rare vacations that Mom and I took. Guess that was over with.

“Alright, I’m done.” I threw my bag over my shoulder and marched out of the room, just expecting Puck to follow me with Grayson.

The car ride was silent. We weren’t going any particular place, I didn’t think, just driving around to try to get our minds off what had just happened.

But then the car pulled to a stop. “Want me to get Grayson?”

“Why are we at your house?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

He hesitated. “I thought it was kind of established that you were staying with me.”

“Puck, I can’t do that to-”

“Are you serious? Where the hell else are you gonna go? Kurt’s? Finn’s there.”

“What does Finn have to do with anything…?” I trailed off, but shook my head, not wanting the answer. “But no, I wouldn’t want to mooch off anyone. I could always stay with…my Aunt Piper?”

Eh, I wasn’t sure that Aunt Piper would want me there. Sure, she appreciated me babysitting Grayson and everything, but she was kind of controlling. Plus, she lived about an hour away. Little setback.

“You’re going to stay with me, okay? My mom will be thrilled.” Something told me that his mom would not be thrilled. However, he was out of the car, getting my bag for me, before I could make another objection.

I walked through the door with Grayson in my arms, my stomach tight with nervousness. What if his mom didn’t like me? It’s okay, I tried to reassure myself, just be the angel child. You’ll be fine.

Though…I wasn’t sure if I knew how to be the angel child anymore, not after being rude to my parents for so long. Hopefully, some part of me would recall.

Right when Puck’s mom walked out of the kitchen and saw me, she threw her hands up in surrender. “NOAH! How many girls are you going to get pregnant, huh?”

Immediately, I burst into laughter, though it was completely inappropriate. Wrong reaction. “Sorry,” I quickly recovered. “I’m Ellie, and this is Grayson. He’s not my kid, and he’s not Puck’s either. As far as I know, anyway.” I raised an eyebrow at him, and he scoffed.

“I didn’t sleep with your aunt…Wait, Piper, right?” I nodded. “No, I didn’t.”

“Thanks for the clarification,” I rolled my eyes.

“Anyway, Mom, can Ellie stay here? Her mom kinda…kicked her out.”

“You’re not pregnant?” she narrowed her eyes and stared at me, seeming to examine me.

“No, I’m not, and I don’t plan to be.”

She stared at me for a while longer before letting out a breath. “Alright. There’s a room next to Ariella that you can use.”

“Thank you so much,” I grinned.

Puck started leading the way up the stairs, and he threw my bag on the guest bed. “She actually seemed to like you.”

“That was liking me?” I laughed. If that coldness that she gave me was a form of affection, I didn’t want to know what she would do if she didn’t like me.

“Oh, yeah. You should have seen her with Quinn. She started laying down all these rules and regulations, and then she didn’t talk to her at all, just ignored her. But then again, that could be because you’re not pregnant, and you’re not pregnant with my baby.” He gave me a grin, and I rolled my eyes.

“And it’s going to stay that way,” I elaborated, starting to unpack. Grayson was having a grand old time, opening and closing the dresser drawers without making too much of a racket.

“Whoa,” Puck’s sister, who I now knew was named Ariella, gasped. “You’re still around, huh?”

“Guess I’m just special,” I snickered.

“Who’s this?” she grinned as she picked up Grayson, who was gurgling happily.

“My cousin, Gray,” I responded. “You can take him, if you want. Just make sure that he doesn’t hurt himself; he’s kind of clumsy.”

She nodded, her face bright, and let Grayson toddle out the door.

Oh-so-subtly, Puck got up off my bed and shut the door. “You done unpacking?” he questioned, trying to play it cool.

“Yeah,” I responded. He patted the space on the bed next to him, so I sat down. Without hesitating, I leaned in, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He laid me down, his hands warm on my sides. Although I had been nervous about going through with my promise, when I actually was…

It felt pretty damn good.

When he finally pulled away, his face still close to mine, my face flushed and I was breathing a little heavily.

“Are you sure you haven’t done this before?” he joked.

“Positive.” I stared up at him, wondering if he was going to leave, now that I had fulfilled what I had promised I would. But he leaned in, waiting for more.

“Ellie!” Ariella exclaimed as she threw the door open without knocking. Puck’s face was still extremely close to mine, ready to ignore his sister and start making out again. “Where are the diapers?”

Shoving Puck off me and getting up, I retrieved the diapers and handed them to her. “Be careful if you’re going to change him. Sometimes, he gets a little temperamental.”

She nodded and started to walk off. I had to say, I was completely shocked that she actually wanted to change Grayson’s diaper. Voluntarily. God, she was like an angel.

“By the way, I should advise you…don’t get pregnant like that last chick who lived here. Puck’s not really the responsible type.”

“Ha-ha,” Puck said with venom. “Will you go away now? We were kind of busy.”

“Don’t let Mom catch you!” she sing-songed before pulling the door closed loudly behind her.

Alright, scratch that angel comment.

“Now where were we?” Puck smirked, getting off the bed and leaning in. Immediately, I pushed him away.

“Sorry,” I breathed. “Mood ruined.”

“Little bitch,” he hissed.

“There will be other times,” I assured him, patting his chest for a second, trying not to dwell on how muscular it was. “Don’t worry.”

“You promise?” he snickered.

“Sure. And you’ve learned that I’m a girl of my word.”

“Yeah.” He stared down at me for a second, running his hand in the ends of my hair. “You know, this is kind of weird.”

“What?” I laughed anxiously, hoping that he wasn’t talking about the two of us going out. Especially since we were staying in the same house.

“I think I actually really like you.”

Mood back on. I leaned back up and gave him a long kiss. “Well, lucky for you,” I whispered in his ear, “I like you, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

By the way, guys, I loooove commenters. I figured out that I have a hundred subscribers, and less than thirty of you guys have left me a comment. It doesn't have to be long or anything, just let me know who you are so I can thank ya and such. :D