Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 35

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of Puck snoring in my ear. What had happened? Oh my God…Oh my friggin’ God.

“Holy shit,” I muttered, throwing the blankets off me. With a sigh of relief, I realized that my pants were still on, so no sex had happened.

“You okay?” Puck grumbled, rubbing his eyes.

“I am now,” I laughed. The memories finally came back that we had just made out for a while longer before we started watching a movie, falling asleep in the process. “Wait, where’s Grayson?”

“Um…” he trailed off with wide eyes, trying to look past me at the alarm clock.

“Oh, God.” I stood up and hurried out of the room, my bare feet slapping against the hardwood floor. Finally, I rushed into Ariella’s room, throwing the door open without knocking (total payback).

Grayson was lying next to Ariella, who had her arm draped around him to make sure that he didn’t roll off the bed. Good. He was safe.

“She will kill you,” Puck whispered in my ear, yanking me back out into the hallway and shutting the door behind me. “Especially since it’s only seven freakin’ thirty.”

“Oh,” I mumbled, yawning widely. “Sorry.”

He just dragged me back to my room, and I fell asleep once my head hit the pillow.

* * *

“Wake up!” Puck’s mom demanded, knocking on the door. I got up and stretched, accidentally knocking Puck in the face.

He blinked a couple of times, shocked, but I just burst into hysterics. “I’m so not sorry for that.”

“Yeah, you will be,” he muttered, but I knew that he was kidding. At least…I hoped so.

When we went downstairs, there were pancakes waiting for us. “Wait, what time is it?!” I freaked out for a second, running into the living room, checking the time on the cable box.

Thankfully, it was only ten thirty. There was time to bring Grayson back before Aunt Piper went crazy looking for him.

When I dropped off Grayson, I just stayed out on the porch, not wanting to see my mother. Apparently, she seemed to feel the same way because she was nowhere to be seen.

“You be good, okay?” I whispered, leaning forward and kissing his forehead. “I might not see you for a while, but just remember that I love you.”

“Love you, Ellie,” he sniffled, probably starting to cry because I was getting teary.

“Alright, now go inside and find your auntie.” He turned around and opened the door, running inside with his feet thumping. After tossing his bag inside, I walked away, not looking back.

* * *

“Well, well, well…” Santana started with a cocky smile as she walked up to me. “You’re shacking up together now, huh? You’re sluttier than I gave you credit for.”

I rolled my eyes. “Actually, my mom kicked me out. For being disrespectful. Puck was nice enough to take me in. It doesn’t change me as a person.” Shutting my locker, I started walking down the hallway. Part of me expected Santana to follow me, but she didn’t.

The day went by pretty quickly, and then it was time for Glee Club. When I walked in with Puck, all the talking stopped. The eyes of every member were on us. Ugh…

“New assignment today!” Mr. Schue smiled as he walked into the room, slapping a folder or something on top of the piano. There was a ripple of excitement that went through the group, wondering what it was going to be. “But this is going to be different. Instead of individual assignments, you guys are going to work girls vs. boys.”

I struggled not to let out a loud groan. Sure, Tina and Mercedes were alright, but the other girls in Glee… Sigh.

“Are there any specific songs that we’re going to sing, or are we supposed to choose ourselves?” Rachel burst, throwing her hand in the air as an afterthought.

“No, you guys are going to choose yourselves. Use this time to start planning. Go ahead!” He pulled over a chair and pulled the folder onto his lap, marking the papers inside.

“I have an idea,” Quinn offered. “Why don’t we sing Lady Marmalade, like from when Christina Aguilera, Pink, Lil’ Kim, and Mya did it a few years ago?”

“Shockingly,” I started, “I like that idea.”

“Don’t be so surprised,” she replied with an eye roll.

“Let me guess,” Santana spoke up, “you want the Pink part?”

“Actually, I kind of want to try the Lil’ Kim verse,” I responded, feeling my face blush a little.

Everyone stared at me. “You know you’re white, right?” Mercedes joked.

“Yeah, but I don’t know. I could probably pull it off.”

Santana let out a snort of laughter. “Yeah, okay.”

“We’ll see," I replied with venom.

We all decided that we would meet the next day, after school, at Rachel’s house. “By the way,” I added to Mercedes before we had to go our separate ways, “I vote that Santana doesn’t sing. Her voice is awful.”

“It’s not that bad,” Mercedes laughed. “But we’ll see. She doesn’t have the best voice, so maybe the solos will be you, Rachel, Quinn, and me.”

“That, I wouldn’t mind,” I smiled. “Anyway, I gotta go watch Puck at football practice, so I’ll talk to you later.”

Out on the bleachers, I was freezing to death. I hadn’t brought a jacket to Puck’s, so I was sitting out there in jeans and a light sweatshirt. Why I hadn’t thought of even wearing a heavier sweatshirt, I wasn’t sure. I was just an overall idiot.

“Hey, do you want something? You look like you're going to turn into a human Popsicle.” a voice asked me. I turned with a raised eyebrow to find Finn.

“N-n-no, I’m fine,” I stuttered, followed by giving myself a punch in the thigh. Trying to resist a sweatshirt while not being able to speak without my teeth chattering wasn’t very convincing.

Finn laughed a little and tossed me the thick sweatshirt in his hands. “Here. You can give it back tomorrow or something.”

Smiling at him, I threw it over my head. It was soft and warm, and it smelled like him. “Thanks a lot.”

“No problem.” After giving me another brief grin, he jogged out onto the field, listening to his coach yell at him.

Practice passed by slowly, but Puck looked great, his passes perfect. At least, I thought they were perfect…Football wasn’t my strong suit.

Rubbing my arms to warm them up a little more, I watched as the football team filed off the field, laughing and talking with each other.

It didn’t take long for Puck to shower and change, and soon enough, I found myself getting up off the bleachers and joining him.

He put his arm around me immediately before looking down. “What are you wearing…? That’s not what you had on earlier, is it?”

“No.” We stopped, and I tried to get a little heat going between my hands. “I was sitting out there, and I was cold, so-”

“Isn’t that Finn’s sweatshirt?” he snapped, examining it.

I opened my mouth to answer in the affirmative, but I saw a dangerous gleam in his eye. He was jealous, I realized. There were only two words running through my mind:

Oh, shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhhhh oh. Drama brewin'. Heh heh. Comment, pleeease, guys.