Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 36

“STOP!” I demanded, running after Puck. He was storming toward the locker room with full force, and I knew there was no stopping him. That didn’t stop my attempts though. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Oh, gee, I don’t know,” he responded with biting sarcasm. He turned around to face me, and the look in his eyes actually scared me. A lot. “Could it be that my girlfriend is wearing some guy’s sweatshirt that isn’t mine?”

“Why is it that me wearing someone else’s sweatshirt is a cause for alarm? It doesn’t mean anything. Finn and I are, like, borderline friends.”

Puck let out a sharp breath and turned around, continuing his storming toward the boys’ locker room.

“NOAH!” I screamed, only because I was really angry. The name sounded strange on my tongue, since I had never called him that before.

But even the sound of his real name wasn’t enough to stop him. “HUDSON!” he yelled, throwing open the swinging door.

I stood outside for a second, not really knowing what to do. Finally, I just sucked up my anxiety and went inside, my eyes mostly shut. The last thing I wanted to do was catch a glimpse of something.

Shuddering a little, I hurried forward, but was thankful to find that the room was mostly empty. With two exceptions, of course.

“What?” Finn snapped. “She was cold, I gave her my sweatshirt. Why is it a big deal?”

“You know it’s a big deal. Is this payback for Quinn, huh? Because I said sorry!”

Finn hesitated. “I don’t remember a sorry.”

Puck rolled his eyes. “Just stay away from Ellie, you hear me? I may be stupid, but I’m not dumb. I see the way you look at her in Glee Club, when she’s performing, or even when she’s just sitting next to me. But remember, Finn, she’s sitting next to me. She’s just another girl that you like, but chooses me.”

That was where I decided to intervene, stepping between the both of them. “First of all,” I started, looking back and forth, “I’m not really sure how you guys stand to be in here because it smells like sweat and dirty clothes.”

Taking a second to try to stifle a gag, I continued my peacemaking. “Second, just stop. Puck, Finn doesn’t like me that way. He was just giving me his sweatshirt because I was freezing. Which was more than you did. He was just being nice. If it bothers you so much,” I stopped and pulled the sweatshirt over my head, placing it in Finn’s hands, “then there. It’s off.”

Puck and Finn glared at each other for a second before Finn looked down at me. “Go,” I mouthed. I didn’t want Finn getting massacred from this whole thing, him just being nice.

He nodded subtly and left, slinging his bag over his shoulder. “Pussy,” Puck muttered under his breath.

“God, can you keep your temper under control?” I sighed. “I’m not sure why you’re upset about this whole thing. He really was just trying to make me sitting out in the freezing cold a little easier. Just relax.”

“You are so fucking innocent,” Puck said condescendingly, shaking his head. Then, he started to walk away, leaving me standing there, cocking my eyebrow. Um…what?

“What the hell do you mean by that?” I fired at him, forcing him to turn around and face me.

“You just walk around with that grin on your face, thinking the best of everyone. You don’t even realize that Finn’s checking you out every time he gets the chance.”

“He’s with Rachel,” I reminded him.

“So? Guys are dogs, Ellie. Get over it.” He rolled his eyes.

“And he’s not checking me out! You’re just being a jealous bastard. You probably think that…Mercedes is checking me out, for God’s sakes.”

“Uh, no. I’m actually telling the truth about Finn. You just don’t see it because you’re too busy with your own life.”

“And you’re saying that you’re fixated with my life?”

He didn’t answer that, but it was obvious in his eyes. He was. Sighing out of my nose, I shook my head. “Come on. Let’s just get back to your house, okay? Just stop trying to kill Finn over nothing, and we’ll be fine again.”

Again, Puck didn’t say anything, instead just leading us out to his car in silence. It was awkward, obviously, and my idea of forgetting the whole thing clearly wasn’t being put into action.

It wasn’t until we were almost back at his house that he turned to me. “Just tell me. Do you like Finn?”

“Sure. He’s a cool guy,” I answered. “But no, not in the way you’re thinking. Why are you so worried about me cheating on you with Finn, huh? Because you think it’s ‘payback for Quinn’?”

“Uh, yeah. That’s totally okay. Revenge is kind of what we do.”

“Well, I’m not Quinn. I’m not anything like Quinn.”

“I know that. Quinn let me get her drunk and sleep with her. I just finally got you to make out with me, and that was hard enough.”

“If you wanted a slut, you would have gone for Santana and left me alone,” I stated simply.

Thinking about it again, I realized that was kind of true. It showed that he was kind of maturing a little bit, the fact that he was actually forming a real relationship with me, not just using me for sex. That had been fine when he was single and being a player, but he was willing to stick around for me. That was a good change of pace.

Puck seemed to be the same thing from the slightly shocked look on his face. When we pulled into his driveway, I got out of the car quickly and ran up to my room, shutting the door behind me.

My homework was done in about ten minutes, and so I just had free time. Instead of doing anything productive, I just stared at the ceiling.

Then, out of nowhere, a big, black spider crawled across faster than I thought was possible. “OH MY GOD!” I screeched, my heart beating a thousand times a minute in my chest. Where the hell had that thing come from? “OH MY GOD!”

“What?” Puck burst into the room. “What’s wrong?”

“Give me your shoe!” I ordered, glancing over at him for a second. By the time Puck tossed his shoe to me and I looked back up, the stupid spider was gone.

“Shit,” I mumbled, dropping back to my bed. “Now I’m not going to be able to sleep.”

“What was that all about?”

“Spider. But it was like…a mutant spider. Do you have any radioactive plants near your house? Maybe they make animals have superpowers like they do in comic books.”

Puck looked at me like I was insane before he left the room, one shoe on his left foot, his right foot just having a sock. The sight made me giggle a little bit.

But that only distracted me for a second. “Come out, come out, wherever you are…” I whispered, tip-toeing around my room. The thing was nowhere to be found. I checked under all my sheets, under the bed, in the crevices between the wall and the ceiling…

Nowhere.

Ugh.

When ten o’clock rolled around, I brushed my teeth and lied down in my bed, trying to get to sleep. It wasn’t working too well, though, my eye constantly opening to check for a surprise spider attack.

Eventually, I sighed and got up. The lights in the hall were all dark, so I had to try to recall from memory where Puck’s room was.

“Puck?” I whispered, opening the door. His light was still on, and he was sitting on his bed with his guitar.

“What?” He raised an eyebrow as he saw me, looking confused.

“I know you kind of don’t like me now, but can I sleep in here?”

“I knew you’d want some of this,” he grinned, standing up and walking over to me. He shut the door behind me and kissed me deeply.

After a couple minutes, I pulled away, breathless. “Not what I meant. I just don’t want the spider to kill me in my sleep.”

Letting out a long, low breath, he gestured toward his bed. “Go ahead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)