Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 38

“No,” I defied, crossing my arms in front of my chest. “I’m not letting you.”

“It’ll only take a few minutes,” Puck offered. “And it’ll be great for me.”

“But not for me!”

“I thought you were my girlfriend. If you really liked me, you’d give in.”

“Am I your girlfriend?” I joked. “You never asked me to make it official or anything.”

“Well, I just made it official. Does that mean that you’ll agree now?”

“No.” I looked out the window for a second at Rachel’s perfect front lawn. “You can’t spy on the practice, Puck. I may like you, but I still want my team to whip your team’s ass.”

He rolled his eyes dramatically and groaned. “You suck.”

“Thanks.” Grinning, I leaned across the console in the middle of our two seats and kissed him quickly. “I’ll call you to pick me up, okay?”

“Fine,” he sighed, trying to make me feel guilty for turning down his prospect of cheating. Honestly, I wasn’t really sure why he thought I’d go for it in the first place.

“Hm,” Santana expressed, crossing her arms across her chest and staring at me condescendingly, “we figured that you wouldn't be coming.”

“We thought you were sick,” Rachel elaborated.

“Nope. I’m fine.” Smiling a little, I took a seat next to Mercedes on the couch.

Santana gave me a little smirk before taking a couple steps closer to me, “So, you skipped school with Puck. That’s not suspicious or anything. You guys finally get past first base?”

“First of all,” my voice started picking up anger as I stood up, “that’s really none of your business because I really don’t like you. Second of all, just keep in mind that I have self-respect, okay?”

“No, you’re a prude. There’s a difference,” she countered.

“Hell, no,” Mercedes intervened, getting off the couch and standing next to me. “Do we want the boys to win? Because if you two keep arguing, then that’s what’s going to happen.”

She was right. But I still wanted to rip out Santana’s throat. “Alright,” I backed down, putting up my hands in surrender. “I’m willing to make a temporary truce.”

Santana rolled her eyes and walked away. “Friggin’ bitch,” I muttered under my breath angrily as I turned toward Rachel. “So where should we rehearse?”

“Um, the basement,” she started. “It’s been cleared out.”

Nodding, I followed her, noticing that we left Santana upstairs, but didn’t acknowledge it aloud. The less time I had to spend with her, the better.

“So,” Quinn started when we were downstairs, “who’s going to do the solos?”

“I call the Christina part,” Rachel voiced up immediately.

I nodded for a second before saying, “Mercedes and Quinn, you guys should take the other two. Well, if I am doing the Lil’ Kim verse.”

“I’ll take the Mya part,” Quinn expressed, smiling slightly.

“Okay, I can do the Pink verse,” Mercedes agreed.

“So I don’t get a solo?” Santana started when she reached the bottom of the stairs. “Shocking.”

“Your voice sounds like the cry of a cat that’s getting skinned alive,” I reminded her with a malicious smile.

She shot me a look that probably took about ten years off my life before stomping toward me, clearly with bad intentions. “I’m going to kill you!”

“STOP IT!” Rachel yelled, stepping between us. “Our team is going to fall apart! I don’t know about you girls, but I do not want to lose to the boys again. So please, put aside your differences and try to get along, just until this is over.”

She stopped for a second before added, “Actually, you should try getting along permanently. We all know that you’re fighting over the same boy, but we’ve all been there.” She shot a fast look at Quinn. “But we really don’t need the both of you to be kicked out of Glee Club. Ellie, your voice is amazing, as hard as it is for me to admit. And Santana, you’re a great dancer, and you can sing, too. So both of you, just stop.”

“Fine,” I agreed, backing off. “Santana, Brittany, and Tina, you guys choreograph. Rachel, Quinn, Mercedes, and I will start working on vocals.”

Everyone nodded, and we settled on different parts of the room. “You know,” Mercedes whispered to me, “you shouldn’t even bother fighting with her. She’s not worth it.”

“Hello?” Quinn spoke up. “Standing right here.”

I smiled at her innocently. “Alright, so even though I’m rapping, do I still sing in the chorus?”

The three of them stared at me like I was crazy. “No,” Mercedes finally answered sarcastically, “you have to ruin our performance and stand there with your mouth shut.”

Coughing for a second to try to hide my embarrassment, I gestured toward the radio. “So…should we start?”

Rachel started the music and turned it up before turning back to the rest of the group, smiling widely.

* * *

“One hint,” Puck begged, sticking out his bottom lip a little.

“No,” I shook my head. “Why are you so stuck on cheating?”

“No reason,” he shrugged.

A slow smile spread across my face as I leaned closer to him, resting my chin on his shoulder. “Is someone afraid they’re going to lose?”

Scoffing, he informed me, “First of all, I don’t get afraid. Second of all, I don’t lose.”

“We’ll just have to see about that,” I sing-songed before standing up and starting to step out into the hallway.

But the second my foot hit the carpet of the hallway, I turned around, biting my lip. “You don’t think that the spider will still be lurking in there, do you?”

“It could be.” The smirk on his face told me that he had ulterior motives.

“You’re right,” I nodded. After brushing my teeth, I climbed into the bed next to him. “’Night.”

“Goodnight,” he mumbled, wrapping his arm around me.

In the middle of the night, I woke up with Puck’s hand resting on top of my eye. Making a face, I shoved it off me and sat up.

“What?” I whispered, moving closer to a speck on the wall that I didn’t remember. Once I got closer, I could see in the dim light from the numbers on Puck’s alarm clock that it was NOT a speck.

“PUCK!” I hissed loudly. He didn’t even stir. “PUCK!”

Keeping my eye on the spider, I snuck over to the bed and slapped him. “GET UP!”

“What the fuck is wrong with you?!” he yelled at me.

“Shhhh!” I reminded him, putting a finger to my lips. “The spider followed me to your room.”

“Just ignore it and go back to sleep,” he groaned, turning over and pulling the comforter over his head.

“No!” I whined, shaking him awake again. “Kill it! Please!”

“Kill it yourself.”

“Puck,” I sniffled. He looked over at me angrily, seeing my wide and teary eyes. I had never been so happy that I could make myself cry on cue, even if the tears never fell.

“Fine,” he sighed, getting up and going over to the wall.

“Oh, your shoe’s over-” I started, but he just smacked his hand against the wall loudly.

“Taken care of,” he yawned, started back toward the bed.

“EW! No! Go wash your hand. Right. Now.”

Rolling his eyes, he disappeared into the hallway and returned a minute later. “Happy?”

“Yes. Thank you.”

Puck crawled back into bed and fell back asleep, his breathing deep and even, before I had even settled in.

Thank God that mutant spider was finally dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hee hee. Spider- gone. I felt like that was a plot thing that I couldn't let go unfinished. ;)