Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 39

The next morning, we were both dead tired from the little spider episode. “I hate you,” Puck whined as we climbed into his car.

“I hate me, too,” I yawned widely, my throat making a little gurgle noise. Oh…cute… “But this is just as much your fault as mine. If you had just gotten up immediately and killed the spider, then we would have gotten more sleep.”

“You’re the one who made me go wash my hands!”

Holding back a gag, I retorted, “You had spider guts all over them! I wasn’t going to be anywhere near you. Really, I’m not sure that I want to be anywhere near you now, considering you clearly have horrible hygiene.”

“I shower every day,” he argued.

“And lord knows how many minutes of those ten are spent actually showering.”

He looked over at my smirk with a cocked eyebrow. “And what, exactly, is that supposed to mean?”

We had pulled into his parking spot at school, so I took it as an opportunity to get on his nerves. “You know what I mean,” I winked before climbing out of the car and starting toward the school.

Surprisingly enough, he didn’t try to talk to me again until I was at my locker. The corners of his mouth were upturned just slightly as he looked down at me. “Is it possible that the innocent Ellie could be inferring something dirty?”

“Just couldn’t let that go, huh?” I laughed. “Plus, I’m not totally innocent.”

“I was your first kiss,” he stated, as if this totally sold his point.

“So? I’m fifteen. It’s not like I was forty-five.” I stopped in front of my biology classroom and turned around to look at him. “This is my class, so I’ll talk to you later.”

He leaned down and pecked me quickly. “Bye.”

* * *

After class, Kurt found me in the hallway and grabbed my arm, forcing me to walk in the opposite direction. “Um, my next class is that-” I started, pointing behind my shoulder, but Kurt cut me off.

“Did you skip school with Puck yesterday?” he questioned, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

“Um…yes?”

“Oh my God! Details!”

“Well, when we woke up, Puck was tired and he-”

“What do you mean, ‘when we woke up’?”

“I’m, um, kind of staying at his house, since my mom kicked me out.”

“So the rumors are true!” He nearly burst out of his skin as my face warmed. “Wow. Never thought you’d do something like that.”

“There’s nothing more to it, other than the fact that his mother let me stay there. It’s not like I’m ‘living with him’,” I elaborated, using air-quotes. “But anyway, we just went to this big arcade emporium type thing and played arcade games all day. Fun, fun.”

“That’s it,” Kurt started. “We’re having an emergency sleepover at my house tonight, you, me, and Mercedes.”

“On a school night?” I wondered, cocking an eyebrow.

“Isn’t that what you’re doing over Puck’s every single night? The only difference will be that there’s not going to be any sex.”

Chuckling at his comment, I pushed his shoulder playfully. “I have not had sex with Puck! But alright, I’ll be there. Talk to you later!”

With that, I turned around and darted down the hall, making it to the room with mere milliseconds to spare.

* * *

We were all sitting on Kurt’s bed in a circle, Mercedes painting my nails a deep purple.

“So are you seriously trying to pass off the idea that you and Puck haven’t slept together?” Kurt asked, his eyes narrowed as if he didn’t believe me if I answered in the positive.

“I’m not trying to pass it off,” I defended, blowing on my right hand to try to make the polish dry faster. “It’s true.”

Mercedes and Kurt exchanged looks before rolling their eyes. “We might have believed that before, but we definitely don’t now that you’re living with him.”

“Ah!” I let out a little scream before laughing lightly. “I am not, quote, ‘living with him’. We are living in the same house, but he lives with his mom and his little sister, for God’s sakes.”

“Then what’s the furthest you’ve gone?” Kurt inquired. He stood up and went over to his mirror, starting to style his hair so that it was absolutely perfect.

Blushing profusely, I shrugged to try to hide my nerves. “We’ve just made out. Nothing huge.”

“Like, hardcore making out? Has he touched your boob?” Mercedes joked.

“NO!” I burst out, my face burning so badly that I was sure an egg could be cooked to perfection on its surface. “Ugh, let’s talk about something else.”

There was a chuckle at the doorway, and Finn walked in, a smile on his face. “And this just makes it a thousand times worse,” I muttered, rubbing my forehead with my hand anxiously.

“Finn, please go away. This is girls’ night,” Kurt said.

“I’m just getting my pillow and a blanket to set up the couch,” he assured us, picking up what he said he was going to. Before he disappeared back upstairs, he shot another humorous look at me.

“I forgot you lived with Finn,” I laughed, starting to run my fingers through my hair before Mercedes slapped it away, warning me about getting the wet polish everywhere. Whoops.

“Not an easy thing to forget,” Kurt responded, turning to look at me for a second before lathering his hair with some product or another.

“Kurt,” Mercedes started, examining my hair, “pass me the heat protectant. I’m going to curl Ellie’s hair.”

“Good luck with that,” I laughed. My hair was long and straight, as well as too finicky to be styled easily.

“Oh, I will make this work,” she declared, plugging in the curler and started to prep my hair.

After about an hour of working with my hair and cursing when it didn’t work, Mercedes finally sighed and smiled. “Alright, go look in the mirror.”

My hair was perfectly curled into springy ringlets. “Wow,” I smiled, straightening out one of the curls and watching it bounce back into place. “I can’t believe you managed that.”

“I told you I was going to make it work,” she grinned.

“But how am I going to sleep without flattening it all out?”

“I’ll fix it in the morning,” she sighed, clearly not having thought about that detail.

Kurt walked over and lied down on his bed. “Alright, I need my beauty sleep. Lights out?”

“Holy shit,” I mumbled, noticing that it was past eleven. “Yeah, definitely time to sleep.”

I snuggled down into the sleeping bag that I’d borrowed from Puck and yawned as the darkness settled in my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Enjoy and comment, please.