Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 48

“Alright,” Figgins started, looking around at the group of us, Puck, Finn, and me sitting in the chairs and Mr. Schue leaning against the wall in the corner, “tell me what happened.”

Immediately, I burst out with, “Puck had nothing to do with it! It was my fault.”

“That, I find very hard to believe,” Figgins expressed, rolling his eyes.

“Red, shut up,” Puck told me. “Really, just…shut up.”

“So does someone want to tell me what happened here?!” Figgins pressed again, his Pakistani accent becoming even more noticeable when he raised his voice.

The three of kept our mouths shut, each of us looking at the others to speak up. “It was kind of born of a grudge,” Finn finally said awkwardly, looking from Principal Figgins, to me, and then back again.

“Yeah, you tried to make out with my girlfriend!” Puck snapped at him. And I was just so happy that I was sitting between them so that they were screaming over my head. Sarcasm. Well, at least me being in the middle kept them from lunging at each other and fighting again.

“That’s enough,” Figgins warned. “Now, Noah, I know that it may irritate you, but you still can’t fight on school grounds. Who started it?”

“ME!” I blurted before Puck could admit it. “I told Puck to beat up Finn because I was angry that he tried to kiss me. So technically, it was all my idea, and I should be the only one that gets in trouble.”

I could feel eyes boring through my skin on both sides of my head, but I ignored them as best I could. Sure, so maybe I was lying a little, but I did contribute to the whole thing. After all, Puck threatened to beat up Finn, and what did I do? Totally allowed it. That wasn’t a cool thing to do on my part.

“Ellie,” Mr. Schuester spoke up carefully, and I turned to face him, “I know that you don’t want your boyfriend to get in trouble, but I’m not sure that you should falsely take the blame yourself.”

“I’m not,” I replied. “I really did tell Puck to do it. He just did it because I told him to.”

Figgins took a deep breath before leaning back. “Alright, Noah and Finn, you get a week’s detention. Ellie, you get two weeks. Fair?”

“Oh, look at this,” Coach Sylvester’s voice came from behind us as she waltzed into the room. “Glee kids in trouble? Well, isn’t this a shock?”

Tucking my hair behind my ear, I sank down a little more in my seat. “And if it isn’t Carrot Top?”

Wincing from the sound of the nickname, I turned around with a sicky sweet smile. “Why, hello, Coach Sylvester! How are you this fine day?”

She narrowed her eyes at me. “Well, that was decidedly unpleasant. Kids shouldn’t be smiling. They should be working. Those people in Pakistan with the children making the rugs have the right idea.”

“Hey, hey, hey,” Principal Figgins interjected. “I am Pakistani, if you remember?”

“And that’s my fault?” she shot back. “Let me tell you the answer to that. It’s no.”

“Can we go now?” Puck spoke up, pointing toward the door.

“Since when are you eager to get back to class, Puck?” Mr. Schue joked.

“Um, I kinda want to get back to class, too,” I coughed, smiling a little. “I’m missing so many notes in biology right now…”

“Alright, back to class. I’ll see all of you after school in the office for your detention,” Figgins dismissed.

“Okie dokie,” I breathed solemnly, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

“Red!” Puck snapped at me the second we stepped into the hallway. “Why would you take the fall for the fight? You didn’t even do anything.”

“Because you’ve gotten in trouble more than your share of times,” I reminded him as we made our way down the hallway. I didn’t know where Finn had disappeared to, but at that time, I didn’t care.

“Yeah, but you had nothing to do with it. I’ve gotten detention hundreds of times, and you’ve never even been yelled at by a teacher.”

That made a heavy rock settle in the pit of my stomach, realizing what I’d just done. “Oh my God,” I let out in a shocked breath, covering my mouth with my hand, my eyes going wide, “I have two weeks of detention.”

“And there’s the innocent Ellie that I know,” he laughed, kissing me on the side of the face before disappearing into his classroom.

Which left me all alone in the hallway, hyperventilating a little. How could I have gotten two weeks of detention? That wasn’t fair. Even though it was, from the story that Principal Figgins knew. It was kind of a soft-core version of hiring a hit man.

Okay, so maybe that was a bit of a jump.

* * *

All too quickly, the end of school came, and Puck, Finn, and I met in the office. We were led to an empty classroom by a scary looking teacher who forced to sit in different corners of the room so there was no way that we could talk, pass notes, or communicate in any way.

“You can do your homework. No phones, no iPods, no cameras.”

“Cameras?” Finn whispered.

“Don’t talk or you’re going to get another day of detentions,” she warned before starting toward the door. “I’m leaving for a minute but trust me when I say that I have installed hidden cameras in the room.”

My eyebrows drew together as I wondered whether or not they tested for insanity before giving someone a job. Right then, I was thinking not.

I was jerked from my thoughts when I felt something hit me in the forehead. Crinkling my forehead, I opened the paper airplane to find that Puck had written me a note, just saying hi.

Smiling slightly, I scrawled down on the paper: Hey, stupid. You better not get us in trouble. By the way, I can’t throw paper airplanes for my life.

And just like I wrote in the note, I tried to throw it toward Puck, and it just fell to the ground about three feet away from my desk. Which meant that it was too far away for me to pick it up again, but too close to me for Puck to be able to get it inconspicuously.

It didn’t seem to annoy Puck, though. He just stood up, got the paper airplane, and unfolded it on the way back to his seat.

He let out a really unattractive snort of laughter, which just made me laugh, too.

“Will you two stop sending each other love letters? We’re in detention,” Finn chastised.

“Will you stop being such a prick?” Puck shot back. “Overall, though, not just when we’re in detention.”

“Do I hear talking in there?!” the teacher screamed as she ran back into the room, her sensible flat shoes padding against the tile floors.

“No,” I answered before realizing that she probably didn’t want a spoken answer to that.

She snapped her head at me, but didn’t give me any more detentions, which is good. Unluckily for us, she sat down behind her desk and just stared at us for the last half hour.

When the bell finally rang, signaling the end of the silent torture. “So...” Finn started, coming up behind me. “Should we go over our song again? Start working on the performance part?”

I was about to answer yes, but Puck put his arm around my waist and led me away from Finn, shooting him a look so deadly that even I was scared.

That’s a no for rehearsal then.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Here's another update! YAY!