Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 54

“Alright, I have to say,” Puck said in a light voice, a smirk playing on his lips, “a chick has never asked to come over my house because she wanted to see my sister and mom.”

“You caught me. I’m just using you for your family.” I winked before climbing out of the car. Once we were inside, Ariella appeared at the top of the stairs.

“Ellie?! I didn’t think we’d ever see you again! I figured that Puck would dump you right when you moved out.” She came over and gave me a hug, which surprised me a little, but it was nice. I thought it was good that I was close to Puck’s family.

“Well, that’s promising,” I laughed. Puck’s mom came out of the kitchen and smiled a little.

“Ellie? Can I talk to you?” she asked in a soft voice. My eyebrows pulled together as I shot a look at Puck. He was a great help, shrugging his shoulders.

“Sure,” I answered before there was too long of a pause. Puck and Ariella ran upstairs, whispering to each other, as I made my way into the kitchen after Ms. Puckerman.

“So how’s life back at home, Ellie?”

Her voice was so caring, it made me hesitate for a second. “Um, it’s alright. You know, it’s normal.”

But Puck’s mom was way more perceptive than I thought she’d be, having a sneak for a son. “Do you like your mom?”

“No,” I told her honestly. “She’s a bitch to me. She…”

“Called you a whore while you were leaving? I heard. You don’t deserve to live in that kind of environment.”

I didn’t know what to say, so I just kept my eyes locked on my folded hands that rested on top of the table.

“You know, I’ve seen Noah go out with a whole lot of whores and sluts…that Santana girl, I swear, is going to become a prostitute once she graduates. But you know that you’re not a slut.”

“Thanks,” I grinned. “I wasn’t really worried about that, though. I just hate how she can say something like that to me, and always force Grayson on me when it’s actually her responsibility to watch him. And how she made me bring him to Sectionals. It was just ridiculous. I was lucky that Mr. Schue agreed to watch him.” Stopping for a second, I felt a blush creep to my face. “Sorry, that was ranting.”

“No, it’s okay. She doesn’t sound like a very good maternal figure right now, but she is coping after a divorce. Trust me, those are very difficult. But…if you ever need to get away, you know that you are always welcome here, no matter what time of the day.”

“Thank you,” I granted, my eyes starting to get a little misty. “I really appreciate that.”

“It’s no problem.” She took a deep breath and looked me straight in the eye, her expression completely serious. “Are you sure that you’re not Jewish?”

I laughed for a second, the moment completely ruined. “No, I’m not. But…this is taking a jump, but say Puck and I do last for a while…if he ever asked me to marry him, I’d convert without a second thought.”

Ms. Puckerman looked like she wiped a couple of tears away from her eyes. “I knew that I loved you.”

I chuckled again as she gave me a hug. “You really are a great girl, Ellie.”

“Thank you,” I said again before standing, sensing that the conversation was over. When I stepped outside of the kitchen, my face blushed bright red as I realized that Puck had been listening to the whole thing.

Without saying anything, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs. Once we were in his room, I closed the door behind us, leaning against it. “What?”

“You would convert to Judaism? Just because I’m a Jew?”

“Yeah?” I let out a small laugh, wondering what the big deal was. I mean, if it was important to his family to pass down the Jewish religion, then wasn’t it just the right thing to convert? Even if it meant no bacon… That was a downside.

Puck kissed me for a second before looking down at me. “Wow. That’s pretty…wow.”

“Your way with words is astounding,” I teased. “But I don’t get what the deal is.”

“Because Jewish kids are only considered Jewish if their mother is. So unless you converted, the kids wouldn’t technically be all Jewish.”

“Oh…” I trailed off. “Well, that makes sense. No need to worry about that.” After pausing for a second, I cracked a grin. “What are we even doing? I’m fifteen. Not planning on getting married and having kids yet. We’re totally overthinking everything.”

My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I reached to grab it. It was Mom, texting me that Grayson was coming over.

I let out a loud groan, followed by a sigh. “I have to get home. Grayson’s going over, and it’s my job to do the babysitting.”

“I’ll come with you,” Puck shrugged.

“Really?”

“What else do I have to do?” He rolled his eyes before following me out the door.

“Wash your hair?” I suggested, running my hand across the stubble at the top of his head. “Clip your toenails?” Leaning against the side of Puck’s car, I tried to think of more ways that he could waste time. “Fantasize about Dr. Phil?”

“Are you getting in the car or not?” he laughed, climbing in himself.

Grumbling to myself about my awesome joke being ruined, I got inside and pulled the seatbelt across me.

It only took a couple minutes to get to my house. And when I walked through the door, Grayson ran directly at us. But whose arms did he run into? Yeah, PUCK’S. After all I did for that poor child, and he still chose Puck over me. What happened to him favoring girls all the time?

“No-ah!” Gray squealed, burrowing his face into Puck’s neck.

“Hey, kiddo.” The grin on Puck’s face was huge and genuine, and it just about broke my heart from all the adorableness.

Mom didn’t acknowledge either of us. That was, until I grabbed the diaper bag and started upstairs.

“I don’t think it’s smart of you two to be alone in your bedroom,” Mom trailed off from the bottom of the stairs.

Pausing for a second to see if she was serious, I turned around a shot her a look. “We’re not going to be alone. We’re bringing Grayson… Like we’re going to have sex in front of the kid?”

“I knew you were having sex with him!” Mom shot back. Sensing that it was about to turn into a fight, I threw the bag in Puck’s arms and nodded toward my bedroom. He did as I silently directed, and I let out a sigh.

“Is that the only reason you stayed there? So that you could sleep with him all the time?”

“Mom!” I screamed. “I hate you, did you know that? Most teenagers say that out of anger, caught up in the moment, but I genuinely hate you. First of all, even though you, for some reason, think I’m a whore, I’m not. I’m still a virgin. I stayed there because you, my own mother, kicked me out. And he, he was there for me when you weren’t. When I stayed at the Puckerman’s, I actually felt like people cared about me.”

Before she could object or get another word in, I ran up the stairs and into my room, finding that Puck was standing right behind the door, his ear against it.

“You little eavesdropper!”
♠ ♠ ♠
And, again, I was going to cheer about how I actually did get 150 subscribers...and now I don't. I have 149. Either some person is flip-flopping and being extremely indecisive or I'm starting to lose subscribers faster than I'm gaining them. And that...makes me sad. :(

But thank you SO MUCH Chaotic Nightmares for my new banner! It's absolutely amazing, and I love it! :D

And also again to PlaidDinosaurs for putting it in and tweaking the layout a bit. I swear, I have the best readers in the world. :D

I sound like a cheesy celebrity...oh well. Ha-ha. Alright, I'm done boring you with my author's note now. Bye-bye!