Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 55

“I couldn’t help it,” he smiled innocently. “I was interested what she was going to say.”

“Well, you got that she just thinks I’m a whore. Gotta love her.”

Puck rolled his eyes, but we were both distracted when Grayson somehow figured out how to turn the TV on. Squealing with glee, he changed the channels excitedly. I turned away, realizing that he was perfectly entertained for a little while.

For a couple minutes, I stared in the mirror, wondering what my mother saw. How did she look at me and see a whore that slept with her boyfriend all the time? One who was purposely rude just because I wanted to move in with him, knowing that Mom would kick me out?

From the corner of my eye, I saw Puck step in the way of the mirror. “Hey, don’t listen to her, okay? She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. She doesn’t know you.”

Taking a deep breath, I knew that he was right, but the words still stung. When it’s someone at school who makes a false accusation, it’s so much easier to brush it off. But coming from my own mother…

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the accusatory thoughts, and Puck snaked his arm around my waist, planting a kiss on the side of my face.

“No-ah!” Grayson screamed, running over to him with his hands up.

Going through the diaper bag, I pulled out a bottle of formula out of it. “He probably wants this,” I offered, handing it up to Puck.

He took it, so I started rummaging through the bag again.

I paused for a second before picking up a pair of pajamas. “So…” I trailed off, smirking at Puck, “sleepover tonight?”

He raised an eyebrow, looking down at me, trying to look sexy. “Don’t mind if I do.”

Ruining his fun, I lifted up Grayson’s pajamas. “Mind if the kid tags along?”

“You need to stop doing that to me,” he sighed, narrowing his eyes at me. “It’s really not nice. You get my hopes up, and then just…nothing.”

“That’s the point. I love watching you get so excited just to be let down.” I smiled at him for a second before lying down on the bed while Grayson ran around, trying to find drawers to open.

For a second, I closed my eyes until I felt something wet envelope my face. Grayson was sitting on his knees next to me, grinning like there was no tomorrow.

“Gray!” I scolded, laughing as I wiped the milk off my face. “That wasn’t very nice. Say you’re sorry.”

He shook his head and ran toward Puck, giggling crazily. Gray buried his head in the back of Puck’s legs, as if that would save him.

“You told him to that, didn’t you?” I accused, not completely able to wipe the smile off my face.

“What? Why would I do that?” Oh, what a horrible liar. At least, when it came to that.

“Mhm. Okay.” Swooping behind him, I scooped Grayson into my arms and started tickling him. He screeched loudly, kicking and laughing, before he just lied still, staring off into the distance with a blank look on his face.

“Oh my God,” Puck muttered, walking over to me. “Is he okay?”

I gave him a questioning look before putting Gray on the floor, watching him run away, his feet clunking against the floor.

“Why in the world did you think that there was something wrong?”

“Because he looked completely braindead? I don’t know.”

“Aww…” I cooed, standing up and kissing him quickly. “Was someone worried about Gray?”

“No,” he grumbled.

“Uh-huh. You keep saying that. But you were.” Leaning close to his ear, I whispered, “And it was hot.”

“Really?” A smile appeared on his face before we turned our attention back to Grayson.

* * *

In the morning, I turned over and jumped, seeing Puck sleeping there. It was just for a second, before the memories of yesterday sank in. Plus, the fact that Grayson was sleeping on his chest was probably the most adorable thing that I had ever seen in my life.

Quietly, I got out of bed and disappeared into the bathroom. On the mirror was a taped note from Mom.

Ellie,
I’m out today with a friend of mine, so cook for yourself. I’ll be back before Piper picks up Grayson.
Mom


“Like I care,” I mumbled, ripping the note from the mirror and tossing it into the rubbish barrel.

After I was finished doing my business in the bathroom, I went down to the kitchen to get some food, deciding that it would be a good idea not to wait for Puck.

Opening up the cupboard, a box of pancake mix was looking at me, so I glared back. Since the box ended up wining the staring contest, I picked it up and read the directions on the back.

“Hmm…” I mused, rubbing my hand over my chin, thinking about how unfortunate it was for that second that I didn’t have a beard. Though, it would be kind of awkward if I had a beard, being a girl and all. “I’m gonna give this a shot.”

It only took a couple minutes for me to mix the batter, so I turned on Mom’s black griddle, hopping from foot to foot as I waited for it to heat up.

“Alright, I can do this.” Pouring a little bit of batter on the griddle, a sizzle sounded, and I smiled. Already, the house was starting to smell like pancakes, making my stomach growl.

“I thought you couldn’t cook,” Puck yawned, a still sleeping Grayson in his arms.

“I can’t. But I’m trying.” Laughing a little, I went to flip the pancake over, and it was actually a pretty good brown color. Score for me.

“Good luck not burning the house down.” Carefully, he climbed onto the counter, making sure that Grayson wasn’t woken up.

Watching him act so carefully with Grayson right then just emphasized just how, exactly, I fell for him. The fact that, even though he could be an egotistical jerk with an awful temper, he still had a soft side.

I smiled a little at the thought. It was pretty much a given that no other girl had seen how sweet he really could be. Well, besides Quinn. During her pregnancy, he must have shown that he could be nice, too. That he had a heart.

“Uh, Red?” Puck voiced, ripping me from my thoughts.

“What?” I blinked a couple of times, feeling a bit disoriented, as if I had just been woken from a deep sleep.

“The pancake’s smoking.”

“Oh, SHIT.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ellie...can't cook.

And now I can do my shpeal (or however it's spelled). THANK YOU, my beautiful 154 subscribers. You are all amazing, and I'm extremely thankful, more than words can express. I love that you guys enjoy my story enough to subscribe! :D And, more importantly, I love all of you. Even though I don't know most of you guys. But that's okay. :) Ha-ha.