Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 61

“Shocker,” I mumbled under my breath as Rachel and Finn were awarded the two parts in the duet. It looked like Glee Club was going back to their old ways, but I didn’t care. That much.

“And Puck, you’re going to get the first verse of For the Nights I Can’t Remember. Artie, the second…” Blah blah blah. It didn’t take me long to tune out Mr. Schue while he assigned everyone their solos. I knew that I wasn’t going to get a solo this time. At least we were doing vocals and not dancing. My body was still screaming from the day before.

“Santana, you’re going to do the second part of the second verse of Cha-Ching, and Ellie, you’ll take the third.” Ooo, a solo. YAY.

“Aw, but then I’ll make Santana’s voice look bad,” I pouted dramatically, shooting a look at her.

“At least I don’t have my virginity,” she shot back.

“Was that supposed to be offensive?” I laughed. “Because it wasn’t. At all.”

“You’re so not pretty enough to have your attitude.” The whole club ‘Ooooo’ed, and I thought for a second for a good comeback.

Without missing a beat, I snickered, “Says the girl who didn’t get the guy.” As if to accentuate my comment, Puck plopped his arm around my shoulders.

“GIRLS!” Mr. Schue interrupted, crossing his arms. “I’m sick and tired of the two of you being at each other’s throats!”

“We haven’t fought for a while,” I defended. “We’re just making up for all that missed time.”

“Well, don’t. I’m serious when I say that if you guys fight again, I’m going to take away both of your solos, and you’re going to be out of the club.”

That would have held more weight if he hadn’t already threatened us with that a million times already, but I shut my mouth to play along.

For the next hour, we went through different runs of the song, trying to make it as perfect as possible. A grin was fixed on my face, one so permanent that it didn’t even threaten to fall when Santana whispered a jab at how my voice faltered just slightly when I said ‘porn’.

“Not my fault that I haven’t starred in porn like some people,” I fired back.

Mr. Schue heard our whispering and shot us a look, but we both picked up singing the chorus so it looked like we had been doing so the entire time. Neither of us liked the other (obviously), but we didn’t want to get kicked out of Glee.

As Puck and I were leaving Glee later that afternoon, he let out a laugh. “You and Santana fighting…it’s so hot.”

“Glad you could get your jollies.” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, speaking of…” He raised an eyebrow as he stepped in front of me. “I was meaning to ask you…what were you doing in my bed when we woke up this morning?”

My face flushed as I looked away. “You’ll laugh at me if I tell you. So let’s go with…I just missed you so much that I couldn’t bear to be away from you any longer.” I batted my eyelashes a couple of times to try to add to the effect.

“Mhm,” he humored me. “Let’s pretend for a second that I believe you.” Briefly, he stared off into the distance with a blank look on his face. “Alright, now that moment’s over. So what was up?”

“…Would you believe me if I said that I was scared that my mom was going to sneak through my window and kidnap me while I was sleeping?”

He considered that for a second. “Nope.”

“Damn.”

“So tell me, whether I’ll laugh at you or not.”

“The correct response is, ‘I love you, Ellie, and I’d never laugh at you, no matter what stupid things you say!’”

Puck snorted in laughter as we climbed into his car. “Well, you know that’s not true.”

“Alright, fine. I…had a bad dream.” Just as I expected, he laughed. Hard.

“What are you, five?”

“Thanks for being a supportive boyfriend. Next time, I’ll know not to crawl into your bed if I have a nightmare. I’ll just turn on the lights and try to deal.”

“That’s not what I meant. You can crawl into my bed anytime,” he assured me with a wink.

“I’m going to punch you,” I threatened. “Really. I’m going to punch you right in the eyeball.”

“Good luck with that.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

I couldn’t help but let out a small laugh before I stopped and my eyes went wide. “Shit…I totally forgot about my history test tomorrow. And I didn’t bring my stuff home.”

“Oh no…?” Puck trailed off questioningly.

“Uh, yeah, oh no! I have a horrible history teacher and I’m going to fail.”

“Big deal. One failing grade.”

“I’m not sure you understand.” I took a deep breath and continued, “I’ve never failed anything in my life.”

Puck stared at me for a long while before he finally sounded out, very slowly, as if I was dumb, “You’ve…never…failed…anything…in your life…?”

“No.”

More staring. “I’m dating a nerd?”

“Yup.”

Finally, he chuckled. “You were supposed to defend yourself.”

“There’s nothing to defend. I see being a nerd as a plus.”

He sighed. “It’s a wonder I never tossed you in a dumpster.”

“…Thanks.” I finally got out of the car and walked into the house, almost tripping over Ariella’s sneakers and face-planting into the hardwood floor.

“Graceful,” Puck snickered from behind me.

“Oh, someone’s using big words,” I grinned, clapping like I was encouraging a toddler.

He shot me a death glare before making his way into the kitchen, announcing that he was hungry. Like I cared in the slightest.

“Ellie!” Ariella called down the stairs. “Can you help me with my math homework?”

“Why don’t you ask Noah?” I called back automatically before realizing that Puck would be absolutely no help. “Never mind. I’ll be there in a second.”

I ran upstairs to find that she was doing a unit on basic algebra, so I could help her pretty easily, pointing out the little mistakes that she made and smoothing any worries that she could have.

After her paper was finished, she grinned at me widely with a smile that looked just like Puck’s. “I think that you should live here forever,” she told me honestly. “Who else will help me with my homework?”

Laughing a little, I put my hand on her shoulder. “Well, I don’t see me going anywhere anytime soon.”

“Good. I need an older sister.”

That struck me right where I lived. I’d never had a sibling, and I’d always wanted a sister. And the pure emotion in her words almost brought me to tears.

“I’m glad to be there for you,” I grinned, not able to contain all my excitement. Patting her once more on the shoulder, I left only to bump into Puck in the hallway.

“What was that all about?” he questioned, his voice muffled through the glob of chewed sandwich in his mouth. Oh…how friggin’ attractive…

“Nothing,” I shrugged, brushing by him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so while I was writing this, my brother and I were having a singing fight, him singing some modern songs (like Replay by Iyaz and Grenade by Bruno Mars) as loudly as he could while I tried to drown him out by singing You May Be Right by Billy Joel and Open Arms by Journey. I totally won.

I have another Glee Story, A New Beginning, and it's not gettin' much love. Check it out if you have time! :D

OH! And if you've read Gone Commando by inallmyspite717 and you didn't comment...you better go do that. *narrows eyes*

'Kay, I'm done rambling. Buh-bye. :D