Status: On hiatus. Will come back completely re-vamped.

My pain, your thrill

History in the making

“Gabriella!” I jumped as I was woken up from my nightmare.
“I’m up I’m up.” I said rubbing my eyes as I raised my head from my desk. My partner Sean gave me a worried look.
“Are you okay? You’re crying.” He said and I put a hand to my itchy cheeks.
“God Dammit.” I said grabbing Kleenex from a box and wiping off my face trying to not to smear my eye liner. I can’t believe I dreamed about that again.

Over a hundred years ago during the civil war a vampire and his wards broke into my home and slaughtered my family. Luckily a group of Supernatural hunters came along and saved my life by awakening my inner animal.

Turned out I was a shape shifter but someone had locked that part of me away when I was born. After I healed I learned to fight and defend myself. I joined the hunters and when I was twenty one I gained the favor of a fey who gained me the gift of immortality. So I remained young looking forever just like a vamp but without the blood lust well at least the type vamps had.

I did all that so I can one day kill the vampire that killed my brother. I left the hunters through I do a little free lance on occasion but mostly I take care of supernatural cases that human police can’t do shit about since we can’t expose our world.

A few years back after nasty fight I almost died but Sean saved me and we’ve been partners ever since. He was a male witch or warlock and a medium. He could see and touch the dead as if they where as solid as you or me. I could see a glimmer kind of like what the alien looks like in stealth mode in the predator movies.

Sean actually had the ghost of his best friend and roommate haunting him now. Haunting just means a spirit is unable to move on and remain attached to something such as a person place or object. Kyle was a nice guy or ghost even if he could be a little perverted but I was cool since he was the one who found me and told Sean.

Sean sat down across from me as I cleaned myself up and leaned back in the chair. He had a white box in his hand and I sniffed the air.

“Did you bring me sweets?” I asked my mouth starting to water. Sean smiled as he set the box down on my desk. I tore open the top to reveal a mix of doughnuts. I snatched a chocolate unglazed one and practically inhaled it.

“These. Are. Orgasmic.” I said around the doughnut in my mouth and Sean laughed before turning the box to him and grabbing a glazed one with judging from the thick yellow cream coming from it had lemon filling and took a bite. He nodded in approval.
“Not exactly the best food sex I’ve had but close.” He said with a touch of sarcasm and I flipped him off as I grabbed another chocolate and sat back in my chair.

“So any new cases?” I asked taking a bite of the chocolate heaven in my hand. Sean nodded and handed me a thick manila envelope, the kind of things you’d send a manuscript for a book in. I popped the seal as Sean briefed me.

“The case came in last night so I started researching right away and. . .”
“Sean what the hell where you doing here at night your twenty three you should be out enjoying life.” I said and Sean sighed. This was our usual argument. He behaved like a hermit with impeccable people skills when it came to questing people while I partied and was more of the muscle behind our business.

“Can we not have this fight right now Gabriela? Or I’ll leave and take my orgasmic doughnuts with me.” He threatened and I sighed as I rolled my eyes.
“Continue book worm.” I said flatly taking another bite of my doughnut.

“Okay so starting about a month ago Supernaturals started being abducted. The latest one was Raymond Arties and he was kidnapped four days ago. Profiles for each of the missing Supes are in the envelope. There’s also a human’s file in there.” Sean said motioning to the envelope.

“Why is a human in here? I thought this was a missing Supe case. Is she a pet, fang banger, slave or a human that’s mixed up in our world?”

I pulled out the tick stack of papers and newspaper clippings then started skimming it as I searched for the profiles. I found them paper clipped together with a giant paper clip. I set the rest of the paper aside and divided the profiles into piles based on species. When I was done I had two Werewolves, three shifters, one vamp and one human.

“I think she might have just been dating Ray she went missing on the same night as him. She was the last person seen with him so she was immediately a prime suspect but then she showed up yesterday.” I look up hopefully.
“Then we can interview her and . . .” I stopped as Sean bit the corner of his lip.

“If I can find her ghost sure.” I groaned.
“She’s dead?” I whined and Sean nodded.
“ A medium named Kimberly found her body naked sprawled across a grave in Woodland Cemetery.”
“Any signs of sexual assault?” I asked and Sean shook his head.
“Nah but her heart was missing.” He said and my mouth dropped open a millimeter but I quickly closed.

“The last time I heard of that it was a sacrifice to some god.” I said.
“Well that’s a possibility but the question is where are the missing Supes and if this is a sacrifice thing then where are the bodies of the rest of our missing Supes?”

“Cannibals?” I said thoughtfully and Sean wrinkled his brow and nose.
“Cannibalism in New York?” He said and I gave him a look.
“Okay okay slight possibility this city is not exactly Stepford Housewives perfect. But why didn’t they eat the girl?”
“That I don’t know maybe these beings only have a taste for Supernatural flesh?” I said then shuddered along with Sean.

‘Back to the rest of kidnapped beings. Are there any connections beside the girl and the vamp?”
“Yes the Were named Darren was dating the shifter named Nyla.” Sean said pointing them out. I look over everyone else profiles searching for similarities but stop after a few minutes.
“So the best lead we have is Kimberly right?”
“Yep.” I rake a hand through my tangled brown locks.

“Okay well let’s stop sitting around playing questions with ourselves and integrate her.” I say standing after putting everything back into the envelope. I go over to the fireplace on my office and pull the gating away. The fire place is unlit so I’m able to reach into the back and press a brick. The back of the fire place moves away to show as shelf. I was always good at keeping my cases private and on the DL so I hid them here.

I put the envelope on the shelf then put everything back and stood up brushing ashes from my black jeans and hands.

“I’ll be there in a sec Sean.” I say and he gives me a knowing look but leaves shutting the door behind him. I walk over to the door and lock it then look toward the wall behind my desk. To everyone else eye my office look pretty normal.

The wall where a deep blue as was the carpet and my desk was made from simple dark brown wood. My chair was the thing I had went crazy on and bought a really expensive one that was comfortable. It also could lean back a little and vibrate. Call me high maintenance but when I get back from kicking ass or just integrating a jerk of a suspect I need to relax in my chair along with some coffee and sweets. I walk over to the wall behind me desk as press my hand to a certain spot. The wall drops one degree then I feel a prick like being jabbed with a pine needle and the wall glamor fades to reveal a safe. I lean forward and the safe takes a retinal scan then a small panel slides away to show the glowing white keypad.

The keypad is written in Pixie which made since. I’d done a lot in my years and gained lots of friends in high or low places I should say because most Pixie’s live below ground. I type the code in and then open the safe. Weapons and other important items are inside. I pull out a CZ75 handgun and tucked it into my boots along with a few knifes. Then gun was filled with silver bullets. Even If I shot something not supernatural it would still hurt them. I also pull out a few silver chains and attach them to my belt loops. I usually always wear them but I’d forgotten them. I could use them better then I could any weapon and their magical properties came in handy. We might just be visiting a medium/witch but you never know in my line of duty. I closed the safe then locked it glamored it back. Once I was done I grabbed the box of doughnuts and headed out to Interrogate Kimberly.
♠ ♠ ♠
New co-write
Subscribe please