Status: On hiatus. Will come back completely re-vamped.

My pain, your thrill

“Okay when you two start talking to dead people I go sit in the car.’

“Please let me go the talking.” I said. Gabriella’s attention was on the review mirror as she brushed dough-nut crumbs from her face.
“As always.” She said. I chuckled.
“It’s not my fault you punch first and ask questions later.” I said. Gabriella rolled her eyes.
“Kiss my ass Jet.”
“You wish.” I muttered as we got out of the car. Once we where outside I fully took the house in.

It leaned toward a Victorian style and was trimmed in pale lavender. A picturesque garden was abundant with a variety of flowers. Some even curled over the white picket fence.
‘Wow.” Gabriella said. I nodded as my eyes started to burn. I rubbed at them.
“Okay Sean it’s not that beautiful.” She said walking through the gate of the fence.
“No it’s just my reaction to magic.”
“So that’s how she did it.’ Gabriella murmured.
“I also just have a green thumb.” Kimberly emerged from behind the house clutching a mug.

She brushed her blond curls from her face and smiled.
“Can I help you?” I stepped forward and held out my hand. She transferred her mug to her other hand and shook it.
“I’m Sean Jet of the Moonbeam detective agency.” I pointed to Gabriella. She smiled and nodded.
“That’s my partner Gabriella Mannesence.” Kimberly smiled again.
“Hello. My name is Kimberly.”

“well Kimberly we where wondering if we could talk to you about the murder.” Something flashed in Kimberly’s eyes.
“I’ve already talked to the police if you have any other question please talk to them.” She turned to leave but Gabriella grabbed her arm. I felt a tingle of magic zip through the air. Gabriella let out a squeak and dropped Kimberly’s arm. I stepped in front of Gabriella.

“Kimberly you and I both know you couldn’t tell the police everything. We take care of the supernatural aspects of crime. This goes beyond a dead girl. Several Supernaturals have gone missing and if we can’t find the culprit some Supes might start a bloodbath. Anything you tell us will help.’

Kimberly stared at me for a minute before she relaxed.
“Okay but tell her not to touch me.” She said. Gabriella snickered. I sighed.
“Of course.” Kimberly nodded once then started up the walk to her house. Before I followed her I turned to Gabriella.
“Hey hothead calm down.”
‘She zapped me!”
“You deserved it. Every witch has natural defense systems against Supes and you tripped hers. So relax before I have to smack some sense into you.” Gabriella glared.
“Whatever.” We hurried after Kimberly who stepped aside to let us in.

“You have a very nice home.’ Gabriella said through clenched teeth.
“Thank you.” Kimberly said.
“Make it more believable.” I hissed. Gabriella glared again as Kimberly led us to the kitchen.
“Do you want something to drink? Water, soda, juice?”
“Water would be fine.’ I said sitting down at a large wooden table. Gabriella sat down beside me.

Kimberly put water into two cups and set two down in front of us. She sat down across from us and crossed her legs.
“What do you want to know?” I pulled out a tape recorder and put it on the table.

“What where you doing prior to finding the body?”
“I was walking home from work.”
“Where do you work?” Gabriella asked. Kimberly rattled off an address and Gabriella wrote it down in her notebook. Gabriella gazed at her writing.
“There isn’t many business around this area.” She gazed up at Kimberly. Butterscotch tinting her eyes.
“I’m an artist. I have a loft in that area. I was finishing up some paintings so buyers and some friends came by.” That gave her a solid alibi if she could give us some names. She produced those.

“Do your walks usually take you through a cemetery?” Gabriella said sarcastically. Kimberly sipped from her mug.
“I heard a noise so I went to check it out.”
“Not exactly smart in New York.” Gabriella muttered. I dug my thumbs intro her wrist. She flicked my hand away then leaned back in her chair.

“Sorry. How did you find the deceased?” Before she could answer I saw something flicker next to her. I blinked. The blurry outline of a figure seemed to float there. I blinked again and it was gone. Kimberly glanced to her left before returning her gaze to me. Her eyes where a pretty blue and they held an eerie glow for a second. Defiantly a witch and if she’d felt that she might also be a Medium.

“I found it sprawled across the grave and there was blood all across her chest.’ Kimberly said slowly. The space blurred again. I tried to keep my eyes away from it.
“And there was no one else there?”
“No.”
“Have you seen the deceased before?”
“No I have never seen her.” Kimberly said. The blur sharpened and finally a girl stood there. She looked solid but I could also see the sink through her a little bit. She was leaning against Kimberly’s chair. I could barely identify her as the girl in the picture. In the picture Martha was blond and seemed adorable. Now her short brown hair hung right below her jaw.

“Have you seen her after that?” I asked. Martha’s eyes widened.
“Hello Martha.” I said.
“What?” Gabriella said leaning forward and cocking her brow. Kimberly looked surprised as well. I held out my hand again.
“It’s nice to meet another medium.” Kimberly shook my hand.
“It’s nice to meet you two Sean. Martha sat down in a chair.

“Wow truthfully I thought she was just weird since she could see me.” Kimberly rolled her eyes.
“That’s what Kyle said about me.” I said.
“Except he was less nice.” Yeah I had to convince him I wasn’t a demon for a week. I’d wake up every night covered in garlic and crosses.
“You know another ghost?” Martha asked excitedly.
“Yeah he’s . . . interesting.” Gabriella stood up.
“Okay when you two start talking to dead people I go sit in the car.’ She walked out and I continued my conversations with the girls.

Kimberly had already gotten all the information out of Martha that she could. The ghost got bored with us after a while though and disappeared to some part of the house.
“Martha’s from a witch tribe. Someone is bound to start freaking out soon. You think pissed of vampires and shifters are bad just wait till Witches start tearing apart this city.”