Find a Way.

Chapter Three.

Treva danced a little with the music blaring in her ears, as she raided Mikey’s fridge. Today was one of those “I don’t care if your girlfriend comes home and finds me in your tee shirt and your boxers. She can get the hell over it” days that she had every so often. She never had a problem with Alicia, but she definitely never wanted to be the end of her relationship with Mikey.

That sounded completely ridiculous for someone that’s sleeping with him. She bit her lip, thinking of her relationship with Mikey. They were never together, but they were like this since they were teenagers. So, technically, she was there first. Not that territories really mattered when it came to relationships. If it did, she would’ve been the girlfriend, not Alicia.

She tried stopping the whole sex thing with Mikey when he’d started dating Alicia. Not even two months into the relationship, he was at her door step, quickly making his way into her bedroom with her attached at his lips. It wasn’t like Mikey to be...well, unfaithful. He was the sweetest boy she’d ever met in her life, but there was something about the two that made them inseparable. And, there was something else between them that just wasn’t good enough to be best friends.

She sighed, giving up in the fridge and moving to the coffee maker. She started making a new pot and looked around the kitchen, before chuckling softly to herself. Of course, there wasn’t a toaster.

One thing she loved about Mikey, he was so weird and awkward all of the time. He was almost adorable and sweet at the same time, even if he was “in the most dangerous band in the world”.

A smile graced her lips as two arms wrapped around her stomach. “Good morning,” he mumbled in her ear. He wasn’t exactly a morning person, and she new that. As much as she loved sleep, she always was a morning person, which meant it was rare for him to be awake before her. “You made coffee? I should fucking marry you, Trev.”

“That’s okay, I know you’re madly in love with me, but I don’t want to get married, babe.”

“You know I don’t want to get married, either,” he replied, kissing her neck. “So, coffee. You’re amazing.”

“I try,” she said, turning around to face him. His lips were immediately attached to hers and his tongue was already in her mouth, tangling itself with hers. It wasn’t long until she was sitting on the counter top with her legs wrapped around him. “God, are we going to have sex. Again?

“I don’t know. I’m actually incredibly sore from last night,” he mumbled, before kissing her forehead, and picking her up. He placed her gently on the ground, before smiling sweetly at her. She smiled back, half-heartedly.

“I feel like our relationship is a fucked up one,” she said, quietly.

His smile fell and he hugged her. “I think it’s been fucked up since we met.”

She didn’t answer, just nodded. She knew he was right, and, because of that, they didn’t know how to fix it. It was always like that, so how do you change something that had been going on for almost nine years?

She sighed. “You know, all of this is wrong.”

“I know. Will it make a difference though?” He said it in an almost hurt kind of way. No matter what happened, somehow, they’d always be like this. It was just how they were. It was screwy, but that’s how they were together.

“It won’t,” she mumbled, pressing her head against his chest. “It won’t.”

Image

Mikey tapped his fingers on the dining room table of his parent’s house. He, his father, and Gerard sat their, waiting for their mother to bring out dinner. It was a family tradition that as long as the boys were home in New Jersey, they would at least try to come to dinner together once a week. It was a way to keep up with everyone’s life. The only thing that sucked was that his mother always inquired him about Alicia and Treva, as if she knew that they were together behind Alicia’s back.

Luckily for him, his mother never did it when Alicia was around. Unluckily for him, Alicia wasn’t there tonight. So, he’d have to lie to his mother, yet again. He wasn’t the best liar in the world, but how the hell do you come out and say, “Yeah, I’ve been sleeping with Treva since my senior year and her junior year, mom! Only taking sex-breaks when we were at college and when I was on tour!”

It wasn’t exactly easy to tell that to your mother.

She came back in with a thing of lasagna in her hands. “Here we are, boys.”

Surprisingly, Donna hadn’t brought up anything about Treva during dinner. Instead, she dropped an even bigger ball.

“So, Mikey, have you thought about proposing to Alicia yet?”

Everyone stopped at stared at him. All he could do was raise his eyebrows and ask, “Propose?” Just that word alone sounded weird coming from his mouth. He didn’t even know how to answer to that, because he knew if he said, “No, mom,” he’d get an ear full. He could lie easily about Treva, but this...? This was a whole new ballgame.

“Yes, Mikey, propose. As in, to ask, ‘Will you marry me?’” Gerard said, before chuckling at his brother, who was know glaring daggers at him.

“Gerard, don’t be a smart ass,” their father said, before going back to looking at Mikey, waiting for an answer.

Mikey gulped. “Well, no. I haven’t, but it’s because I don’t think we’re ready to get married.”

Donna frowned, slightly. “Honey, you’ve been dating her for how many years now?”

“A few.”

“Exactly. I think you two should be ready to move it to the next level.”

“But, mom—”

“I’m sure you won’t regret it if you did it,” his mother said, in a happy voice.

It seemed like she just wasn’t taking “NO!” for an answer today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah la la la la~ I'm so tired. I told you the chapters would get longer c: They probably won't all be this long. Sometimes, they could be longer. It just depends. Anyways~ That is all for tonight. I'm so tired I can't even see straight. My focus is all effed up. >.<
Comments = fast updates. (;