Find a Way.

Chapter Four.

Treva stood in front of the mirror in her bathroom, staring at all of the bite marks, hickeys and scratches all over her upper chest and arms. It was official. She was going to kill Mikey.

"Trev, are you almost done in there? We have to take off soon," Lindsey, or more commonly known as LynZ, said from the other side of the oak door.

Treva bit her lip. "Maybe, I shouldn't go out tonight?" It came out more of a question than a statement. "I, uh, don't feel good."

"Treva, it's the last time we're going to see each other for a while," Lindsey persisted. "We're going back to L.A. tomorrow night!"

She sighed, knowing that if she didn't go tonight, she'd hear about it for the next six months from Frankie, the master of all guilt trips. She opened the door and tried not to laugh at the horrified look on Lindsey's face.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

Treva shrugged. "Had sex."

"Obviously."

"I'm thinking it's more of a band tee and jeans kind of night," she said, pulling off the black, skin tight, halter top. She dug around in her drawer of her dresser for a shirt. She pulled out a black Avenged Sevenfold shirt and pulled it over her head, before getting a random pair of jeans from another drawer.

"Who the hell did you fuck?" Lindsey finally asked, raising an eyebrow at Treva.

"No one you know."

Lindsey knew straight through that lie. "Someone I know, but you don't want to tell me?"

"Basically."

"I'm going to find out, one way or another."

Image

Frank raised an eyebrow as he got into Treva's car and looked at her outfit. Normally, she went out of her way to look drop dead gorgeous, but tonight, she was dressing casual. "What's with the outfit?" he asked.

"Am I cramping your style, Frankie?" she asked, a smile gracing her lips.

"She's got some sick, nasty battle scars from an unknown sex partner," Lindsey said, before laughing. Treva hit her arm playfully.

"Shut up, Lyn."

Frank gave Treva a weird look. "Sorry, babe. I didn't mean to be that rough."

"Oh, I know. I just can't help that I like it rough and hard."

"Oh fuck, you two make me sick."

Image

"Not up to dancing?" Frank asked Treva, as he sat next to her at the bar.

Normally, she loved going to clubs. She loved dancing and she loved drinking, but tonight, she just wasn't in the mood. Maybe, it was because she knew that this was going to be the last time she saw her friends for a six months, because they were going to start recording a new album. Maybe, it was because watching Mikey shove his tongue down Alicia's throat made her stomach churn to the point that she wanted to die.

"Not tonight, babe," she replied, turning to face Frank. He was her best friend, the reason she was with Mikey. Sometimes, she wished that she was never introduced to Mikey. Other times, she wished that she was with Frank, because she knew that he would never make her "the other woman".

"Not even one dance with your favorite guitarist ever?" he asked, giving her a puppy dog look. She could never resist that look, but tonight, she had nerves of steel.

"But, Ray's out there on the dance floor with his lady friend."

"What?" he asked, with a playful hurt look on his face.

"Let's go dance, Favorite Guitarist," she said, grabbing his hand and leading him out to the dance floor.

Frank was her dancing-club buddy. They were the only two in the group that were single, so when everyone would go out and do couple things, Frank and Treva would be there, together, goofing around.

Sometimes, Treva wanted to tell him about her and Mikey, but she wasn't sure how he'd react. She knew that she could trust him, though. Sure, he had a big mouth, but he'd never told anyone her secrets.

"Do you want to come with us to L.A.?" Frank asked, yelling over the music. She shook her head no. "Why?"

"I just don't think it would be a good idea, Frankie."

He dropped the subject, somewhat bummed that she didn't want to tag along. She knew it would be nothing but a bad idea. As far as she knew, Alicia was going, and she didn't want to be involved with Mikey anymore than she already was.

The two of them danced for a few more songs before she retreated back to the bar area. He had found himself a cute little brunette to dance with, so there went her friend of the night. She tapped her fingernails against the bar to whatever song was blaring through the multiple stereos throughout the club.

"Whatcha drinking?"

Treva jumped as Mikey randomly popped up next to her. "Mother fuck. JD and Coke."

"Should've guessed. So, dancing with Frankie?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

She shrugged. "He pulled the 'Favorite Guitarist' card on me, combined with the puppy dog look. That boy makes me look like a damned sucker."

Mikey chuckled. "Well, with him, you are. I think that's what best friends are for."

She nodded in response, before taking a sip of her drink. "So, where's Alicia?"

"We got into an argument. She doesn't want to go with us to L.A."

"And, that's why you're over here with me? You want a place to crash."

"You make me sound like an ass. But, yes. I do. And, I'd appreciate it, greatly." He leaned down to her ear, and whispered, "I'd appreciate it more if we left now, if you get where this is heading."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bleh. I don't know if I should have Treva go to L.A. with them. Maybe.