Find a Way.

Chapter Five.

The whole car ride home, Treva was thinking, “Why the hell did I agree to this?” She didn’t know why she did, but she agreed to let Mikey stay with her, and she knew exactly what they’d be doing all night. Fucking. Maybe some cuddling in between. Maybe.

Once the car was parked outside of her house, the two of them practically ran to the door. She fumbled with the keys, as he stood behind her, arms wrapped around her middle and his mouth attached to her neck.

“Would you fucking stop that,” she said, in a breathless voice. “I’m trying to open the damned door.”

But, he didn’t stop. He just smirked against her skin and continued kissing and sucking at it. As soon as they were in the house and the door was shut, she was shoved against the closest wall.

She loved the way his tongue felt as it collided with hers. It gave her butterflies in her stomach.

Eventually, they made their way over to the couch. They had only broke lip contact to remove their shirts. He smirked as he saw all of the marks that he’d left all over her.

“Damn, I should possibly go easy on you, should I?” he mumbled, before pressing his lips against hers again.

“No,” she replied, trying to take his belt off. He grabbed her hands and moved them and took off his belt himself. “Mm. Impatient, much?”

“Just a little,” he replied, before attaching his lips to hers yet again. He wormed his hand underneath her back and unhooked her bra.

From the floor next to the couch, Mikey’s phone started vibrating. Both of them groaned, as she moved one of her hands from his chest to the floor trying to feel for it. As soon as she felt it, she grabbed it up and handed it to him. His face fell.

“Who is it?” she asked, voice small. She knew the answer, but she hoped she was wrong.

“Alicia,” he said, before hitting the answer button. “Hello?”

“Where the hell are you?” Treva could her hear from the other line. She sounded livid.

“At Treva’s. She’s drunk off her ass and I’m trying to take care of her.”

“Are you sure you’re not trying to fuck her?”

“What? No. I can’t believe you don’t trust me.”

Treva shut her eyes, wishing that she could disappear. She didn’t want to listen to this anymore, so she squirmed, waiting for Mikey to let her up. He finally stood up, and she left the room, not wanting to listen, not wanting to face reality that he wasn’t and never would be completely hers. There was always going to be some other girl that she’d have to share him with.

She fixed her bra straps, before going to the fridge, searching for something to drink. She could still hear Mikey yelling into the phone from the living room, but whatever he was saying wasn’t clear. She found a can of Diet Dr Pepper and cracked it open, drinking at least half of it in one drink. She shut the fridge and leaned on the counter top.

Why the hell did she let this happen?

She hated herself for it—for always letting Mikey make his way into her house and into her pants. She took a deep breath, before drinking the rest of the can and throwing it harshly into the sink.

His arms wrapped around her middle, gently. He rested her chin on her shoulder. “I’m so sorry.”

“For what? The lying, cheating, or not being happy with one girl?” The words flew from her mouth, without her thinking.

He didn’t respond, at first. He held her tighter against his body, before pecking the side of her head. “Well, I‘m not sorry about us being together, but I‘m sorry for all of that.”

She didn’t say anything back in response, just stood there, in his arms. The silence was comfortable, oddly enough. She didn’t want to speak to him and she didn’t want to think. She was just...pissed and confused.

“Treva,” Mikey said, breaking the long silence.

“Huh?”

“Come to L.A. with us, please. Alicia isn’t going, I know that was why you didn’t want to go before. But, what’s stopping you now?”

“Mikey, I don’t know...”

“Please, please, come.”

Image

The next morning, Mikey woke up to frustrated groans coming from inside of Treva’s closet. There was a suitcase on the other side of the bed that was open, and the only contents in it were panties and bras. Clothes were thrown all around the room, making it look like a catastrophe.

“Tree?” he asked, rubbing his eyes.

“What?” came a response from the closet.

“You’re going to come with us?”

She walked out of the walk-in closet with an armful of clothes. “Does this answer your question?” she asked, as she dropped the clothes in the suitcase. He smiled at her, before crawling out of bed and walking over to her. He pressed his lips to hers softly and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I’m so glad you’re coming with us,” he mumbled, against her lips.

It was times like these that made her wish that he was actually her boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was short, and I really don't like it. At all. /: I think I may try to rewrite everything in first person. Do you think that'd be better? I hate writing in third person... :P
Thanks to Leah2430, Waye_, XxThe_ForgottenxX, Tellehansenurlacher., and Kmart. for commenting. c: