The Sky That I Fell Through

One.

His hands were around her waist, his chin on the top of her head, his eyes closed.

Her arms were wrapped around his neck, draped over towards his back, her hands gripping her wrists as she held him close to her. Her eyes were also closed, and she leant her head on his chest, feeling his breathing, listening to the steady beating of his heart.

He could swear it beat faster when he was with her.

The music was soft in the background, but it made everything seem so much more magical. It was their song, the song that never failed to bring a smile to their face or a tear to their eye. They could barely describe the feelings they had for one another, but the song was probably the closest thing to it. They were thankful for this.

You’re the sky that I fell through
And I remember the view
Whenever I’m holding you.


She tightened her grip around him slightly and sighed softly into his T-shirt. He responded by kissing her on the top of her head. Her hair was soft and chocolate brown, and as he moved his lips away she looked up at him with her blue eyes, a smile playing on her lips. He kissed her then, and when they broke away, the chorus of the song came in, and grinning, he swirled her around the room, the dusky light filtering in through the window. It made everything have a blue tinge, as though the sky had melted into the air around them. He felt like he could take her hand and fly anywhere.

Circle me and the needle moves gracefully
Back and forth;
If my heart was a compass you’d be north.
Risk it all ‘cause I’ll catch you if you fall
Wherever you go; if my heart was a house,
You’d be home.


It was impossible to not feel invincible with her. He knew this as he danced with her, both of them laughing as they twirled around the room, hearing only the music and seeing only one another. The notes danced through the air and they danced with each other, and the whole world seemed to consist of them and only them, and everything in the room seemed to move with them as though time and space itself wanted them to be together.

They danced softly through the song, until the final chorus came in, and then she took his hand, taking a few steps away and smiling.

Circle me and the needle moves gracefully,” he softly sang to her. “Back and forth.

And she did, still keeping their hands clasped together, she walked slowly around him as the music swirled around them and both of them laughed as the continued looking into one another’s eyes, totally taken away by the atmosphere around them.

If my heart was a compass you’d be north,” he sang, pulling her closer and holding her to him. She held him tightly, replying to the lyrics with her own singing along.

Risk it all, ‘cause I’ll catch you if you fall,” she promised, and he joined her as the song ended.

If my heart was a house, you’d be home.

And then they stayed they, holding one another, swaying gently together, as the song faded out, and outside the darkening dusk finally gave in to the night as the sun vanished below the horizon and the stars came out, spattering the sky with tiny points of fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is, quite obviously, a songfic based upon If My Heart Was A House by Owl City. It's a beautiful song, and I've been listening to it non-stop =]