‹ Prequel: The New Assistant

His Savior

So he sang.

The Doctor ran over to the monitor, and started to trace the signal. He grit his teeth when the result came back.

"Cybermen." he hissed, and tried to pinpoint their location.

Once he got it, he locked on, and prepared to get her back.

-----
Dear Capture Diary,

Bob's voice box needed a tune up today, and I was happy to help. He said he would have no purpose without being able to sing.

I've all but given up on Doc, I don't think he's ever coming. It's been two years.


From, Mirna.


-----

The Doctor burst out of the TARDIS, hate in his eyes.

"I know this is all a plan to get me to come here!" he shouted, and then flung his arms out. "So here I am!"

"Affirmative, it was a plan." a Cyberman came out from behind a metal beam, and stated.

"Okay, what do you want? How can I get you to let her go?" he inquired, trying to keep his cool, and not lash out.

"That is not part of the plan." it stated, in it's annoying, automated voice.

The Doctor clenched his fists. "You will release her, or I will be sure to pull apart every single one of you!"

"Empty threats will not help." it said.

"It's not empty." he said, gritting his teeth, and pointing his screwdriver at the metal man.

The preparations he was making earlier was tweaking his sonic screwdriver to be fatal to Cybermen with just one pulse.

It clattered to the ground, and he ran past it to find Anna, dismantling any Cyberman that got in his way.

-----

Mirna sat in her rather plush room with Bob, her guard that was assigned to her two years ago. She noticed he was different than the rest of the metal men, and bonded with him.

She called him Bob, but his real name was some strand of numbers that she forgot.

After a year, Bob heard her sing, and wanted to sing along with her. So she made him a more complex voice box from her old radio, and he was able to sing.

"Miss Mirna, do you want to see what's on the radio?" Bob politely asked.

"Not today, Bob." she said, staring out her window.

Next thing she knew, a familiar voice was screaming her name, and bursting through the door.

"Doc?" she whispered quietly.

Bob stood in front of her, and said "Halt."

"Get out of my way." The Doctor said, hardly containing his rage.

She got out from behind Bob, and just stared at the man she had waited on. "Hi." was all that could escape her lips.

"Hi." the man replied, letting out a breathy chuckle.

"Can you take me home?" she asked quietly.

The Doctor was taken back. She was out of character, and acting weird. "What did you do to her?" he asked Bob, not taking his eyes off of Mirna.

"Nothing was done." Bob answered truthfully.

"Liar!" he shouted, and lunged at the enemy.

Mirna grabbed his arm, and swung him around to look her in the eye. He then realized what was wrong: Mirna was hurt. Hurt that it took him so long, and hurt that he told her to go. His eyes widened, and he mouthed "I'm so sorry."

Mirna hooked onto his arm, and they walked back to the TARDIS.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's been a while. Sorry.