Anything Broken Can Mend

Pick Apart the Pieces of Your Heart

There are many things in this life that are not meant to be questioned. As human beings, we are always curious, constantly searching for answers. We try to seek out the truth in things that should remain buried and undiscovered. Sometimes, we pry and meddle till we find something logical but more than often there’s no real meaning behind any of it. But we haven’t learned to stop. We haven’t learned to stop digging for what isn’t there or learn that everything on this earth isn’t always rational but rather irrational.

For example, love. There is nothing more irrational and thoughtless as love.

For centuries, philosophers have tried to discover the truth about love but it’s too complex of an emotion to consistently define. From what I’ve experienced, love is the most dangerous and vile thing to be unleashed on to mankind.

Love spares no one. You become vulnerable in a sense, opening your heart. Offering anyone to come and mess it up and they’ll be the one that leaves you broken. When you least expect it, love will claim you its hostage. It gets inside you, eating its way out. Love corrupts the souls of the innocent without warning.

Nevertheless, I couldn’t imagine what the lives of millions would be without it. It’s also the master key to the gate of happiness. To love is to be vulnerable, there’s no way to love without being open. When you do, there’s always a split chance you end up crushed and alone or fall in God’s good graces without any suffering. To love anything comes with the possibility of being broken and sometimes we must sacrifice a few cracks in hopes of finding something better. Illogical of course and a little risky but like a once great philosopher said, there is always some madness in love but there is also always some reason in madness.

And there was a boy behind my madness.

I grew up in a small insignificant town where you wouldn’t find it on a map without a magnifying glass. Woodbury was my home and like many others, I was rooted to its soil. A simple country town surrounded by nothing but deserted land, being two hours south of Nashville with roughly six hundred and seventy-five inhabitants.

Time here moved slowly, always trailing behind the rest of the world. Civilians moved out more than they moved in, the population staggering behind the number of cows. Many generations grew up here together, faced adversity together and died together but most importantly loved together.

Though with all that said, Woodbury only seems to be a pleasant place but the reality is much different. Secrets are formed, lies are easily spread and the truth is always blurred. Everyone has a twisted hidden agenda. Play the game or be played is how this town works. To stay alive, you have to be guarded not only in the mind but with your heart. The soulless come by a barrel too many, having no mercy for the weak and foolish. Nothing about this town is simple and in the end, people get hurt and few survive.

I had to survive. I was dreaming my life away but still desperately trying to live. This town didn’t hold much for me though. There was nothing for me to claim. Life here was tasteless and boring and air was always so limited. You could only reach so far living here. I wanted something more than just dying slowly with time.

Then he showed me differently. To be quite honest, Noah Conyers was the only reason I stayed in town a little longer. He made my life in Woodbury brighter, more feasible and somehow adventurous. I would have never ventured away from town if it meant being away from him. But if I’m being honest, Noah was also the same reason that I left Woodbury.

I escaped. It was the only thing I could do. When the opportunity presented its self, I would have been stupid to not take it. I might have made it out alive but I didn’t make it out without a few scratches. They were inevitable but nothing hurts more than being hurt from someone you love.

Though, time heals all things.

And as I glanced at the old familiar house I once called home, I couldn’t help but think I needed a little more time before I faced my past. I wasn’t truly healed but on the mend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Behold my new but very old story that is very much prewritten! This was the first story I ever created and I would like to share it with you.
Comment & Subscribe!
Comment, Subscribe, I will love you for it. Thank you to those who have commented:
jolie sophie, cis., oh how lovely., apathetic soul & Like A Broken Arrow;