Travel to Infinity

30 years before...

“Stay there, sonny!”
”Dad, what’s going on?” cried the boy scared. He didn’t understand anything that happened around him and he wanted to know, why his father had grabbed him and hid him in a closet. He needed to get out quickly: the air was smothery, and the place wasn’t enough to nestle comfortably. He started to batter at the door. “Dad! Dad!”
The door opened and a tall man entered the room. He was wearing white clothes, something, that looked like a cassock, white nankeens, and a white shirt; he had cold, merciless green eyes, unusually thin lips, long, straight, brown hair, muscular arms and a razor-thin smile on his long face. The air became sensibly frozen, when he started to approach the father, who commenced to recede.
“What are you doing here?” he asked the stranger. “Why don’t you leave me alone?”
“You’re a traitor.” said the stranger faintly. “Now it’s our turn to take revenge.”
“I did nothing against your laws!”
“Stop telling your lies.” the stranger lifted a sharp knife. The blade was perfused by light by the crystal chandelier that hung from the ceiling, which made the weapon look like a ritual dagger. Its hilt was bright red, decorated with several different gems, which glittered bizarrely. “Your time is over, pray to your god for catharsis.”
The man stretched his body and sprang away, so he managed to escape from his attacker. He rolled to the other side of the room, while the stranger lost his foothold, and almost stumbled, but he quickly regained his balance and picked up his strength. He started to walk towards the father, while lifting the knife, thus the man suddenly had an idea. This might be insanity, but I have to try it… I have to try it because of my son.
He sprang to the stranger, and reached out for the knife, but his attacker proved himself to be cleverer: the little boy watched in amazement, as the father lifted his hand, but the blade easily pierced through his arm. The man roared in pain, as the stranger pulled the knife out and stabbed it into his back. The father gasped as he fell to the ground, his head bumped into the floor with a giant bang. He tried to get back on his hands and knees, but he didn’t have the energy to do so, he only could take a rancorous look at his attacker.
“You’ll pay for this!” he whispered languidly, half-unconsciously. “I swear…”
“Swearing won’t wash your sins away.” The stranger grabbed the knife and stabbed it into the man’s back once more. “Learn from your mistakes. You’ll never betray us again.”
There was no answer. The stranger crouched to check the pulse of the man, and when he made certain, the man was dead, he stood up. He cast a quick glance from the corner of his eye to the closet, which seemed to make a motion, but in the end he just waved his hand and walked out of the house.
The little boy waited until he made sure, the stranger wouldn’t come back anymore. He tore the doors of the closet open and rushed to his father, who was lying on the ground, in the middle of a huge red puddle. The man’s eyes speared up into nothing, his body was covered by blood, as he was still trying to get the blade, but the boy knew, his strong arms would never hug him again, his mouth finished telling stories about pirates, his voice would never tell him again to hold on, come what may.
Come what may… The boy pulled out the strange knife from his father’s back. It was the most interesting weapon, he had ever seen: he realized, that something was engraved into the blade with small letters: Le secret est nôtre.
“Le secret est nôtre?” he asked, as he clenched his fists. “Whoever you are, I’ll find you… and you get back, what you did to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for any mistakes, but my mother tongue is not English - feel free to tell me, if there are grammar or spelling mistakes :)