You're Not In This Alone

Chapter One: I Was Killing Before Killing Was Cool

I could see her walking past my alley.
About 5,9,purple wig and dress up to her thighs, waving at the cars going by, plying her trade whilst trying to stand up straight, sparkling heels almost toppling her over, almost breaking her neck.
Almost doing my job for me.

I came out of the alley, slowly, so as not to alert any of the other girls to my presence, and walked over to her.
"What can i do you for darlin'?" flashing me a toothy grin and winding her arms around my waist. It took all i had not to do to do it there and then.
I leant over and whispered in her ear, asking her to follow me.

We walked back to the alley i had started at, and she began to reach for me.
I caught her wrists in my hands, holding her back, squeezing both her wrists until she squealed in pain.
That's what i wanted, her pain.
For them.

But i still hadn't done what i'd come to do.
Putting both her wrists into one of my hands i reached into an inside pocket and drew out a knife.
The fear, i could almost taste it in the air. Beads of sweat started running down her face, giving it an odd glow in the streetlight and the neon sign light.

"Scream," i said quietly, "and this will hurt more."
I was lying.
Oh well.
She nodded quickly, tears joining the sweat running down her face.
I stabbed her once in the stomach, watching as the stark revelation that she was going to die filled her eyes.
A fatal wound.
It always is.

I let go of her wrists, letting her drop to the ground, avoiding the blood she was coughing up and spluttering.
I knelt down beside her, looking her dead in the eyes as they pleaded for mercy.
I drew the knife across her throat, and i left her in the alley to die.
Turning the other way from the girls on the street, off to find somewhere to crash after another hard nights work.

~