Betrayal

Exasperated

"Rose." Shit. "I know you've been avoiding me."

Matt stood before me, on his and his bands' bus. I was sitting on the couch with Jimmy's head in my lap. I'd softly stroke his hair as he slept, and I read my book, Jane Eyre.

"Avoiding you? Why on earth would I do that?" Good thinking Rose, play the dumb blonde.

"Because you know what we need to talk about."

"Matt," I groaned out. "Can we please talk about this la-"

"No."

"But Matt, he's sleepin-"

"I don't care. We will talk now."

Another groan passed my lips. "Fine. Just give me a moment, alright? Go wait in your bunk or something while I get him in his bunk."

"No," He plopped down on the couch opposite us. "I think I'll wait right here."

Something resembling a growl escaped my throat. "Ooh, intimidating!" He mocked me, earning a glare from myself.

"Jimmy, Honey," I pushed his bangs away from his face and leaned down to peck a soft kiss on his forehead. "Let's get you into bed, alright?"

He groaned and turned his body towards me, burying his face in my lap. "Jimmy, Sweetie, let's go to your bunk."

"No! I'm comfy right here." His arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer so his head was against my stomach.

I giggled at his childish manners. "But, you'll be even more comfortable in your bed! Please, Jimmy, for me?" I said in a soft voice, one that I knew would pull at his heartstrings.

He moaned in defiance, but rose from his spot, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards his bunk.

He layed down, quickly moving over for me. He tugged my arm to get me to lay down, but I shook my head 'no'. A look of confusion clouded his tired eyes.

"I'll be right back, Honey. You just go back to sleep." I leaned over and kissed him on the nose. That apparently wasn't enough. His hand tangled in the hair on the back of my head as he pulled me forward in a strong kiss. His lips moved forcefully against mine, in an almost needy way. As much as I wanted to get lost in the kiss, I had to pull away. "Jimmy, I'll be right back." He pouted his bottom lip. I simply kissed it quickly, stood, and closed the curtain after pointing to him and saying, "Sleep."

I walked back to the living area, where only Matt sat currently.

"Okay, Matty-Boy, what's up?"

"I see you forgave him."

"Nope, we're now friends with benefits." I said, sarcasm dripping from my every word.

"Wel- Wait, what? Really?" He looked shocked. Poor, poor gullible Matt. Just for that, I should go along with it, but I won't.

"No, Matthew. I really did forgive him."

"Oh, okay, well, good. No-no! I don't mean good to you forgiving him, I mean good to you not being, well, that!" He rushed out.

"Why is it not good that I forgave him?" I took my seat on the couch parallel to him.

"He cheated on you!"

"Yes, but he told me about it."

"With your best friend!"

"She kissed him."

"You're justifying him!"

"No I'm not! I'm just looking at the facts!" An exasperated sigh left Matt.

"Yes, you are. But you're looking at the less realistic side of them. Yes, he admitted to you that he cheated. That doesn't make it any better. Yes he earns some respect from you, but that should never make up for the fact that he cheated."

"I am aware of that, Matthew. That's why I broke up with him." I spoke.

"Why didn't you stay that way?"

I avoided the question. It wasn't exactly his business. "Why does it matter?"

"Because I fucking wanted you!" It was word vomit. I could tell he didn't mean to say that the moment after it came out of his mouth.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing. Just forget I said that."

"Matt, wh-"

"Forget it! Okay? It doesn't matter anymore." He ran his hands over his shaved hands, obviously in frustration with himself.

I didn't know what he meant but I wasn't going to push it.

"Well, then I better be getting back to Jimmy." I stood, trying to make my way to him, but was stopped by Matt grabbing my wrist and standing.

"No, I don't think we're done talking."

"Yes, yes we are Matthew. Everything you say will just be a waste of time." A hurt look flashed across his features. But before it could even fully appear, it disappeared.

I pulled my arm back and headed to Jimmy in his bunk. I crawled in the confined space and curled into his chest. His warm, protective arms wrapped around my torso.

"Rose?" His voice was laced with sleep.

"Yes, honey?"

"I go-" He paused. "Never mind."

"Jimmy, Honey, what's on your mind?"

"Nothing we can't talk about later." His voice reassured me it wasn't something worrisome.

"Alright, if you're sure." I snuggled back into his warmth.

"I love you, Rosie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my lovely readers and subscribers! I want to give a special thank you to my beautiful commenters:
Lost-enigma
PlaidDinosaurs
Rhi_LoveMeHateMe
Undead Angel
Miyuh like Daria
Yotora
ZackysSecretLover199
Twilight-fan10
Thegreatunspoken
MidnightMassacre ;;
Musicalness99
Lushy Lilie

6 comments? Hopefully at least one from someone new?

<3 Stevie Jazz