Betrayal

Eavesdropping

"The guys talked to some other band. They said they could fill in for a few days until you get better." Shannon spoke calmly before she walked away from my bunk.

Here I was, stuck in my bunk, with a 101.4 fever. I'm freezing, my throat's on fire, and my head is throbbing. The flu sucks.

On top of all that, Shannon was being curt with me. We had talked, I did my best to convince her everything was resolved between myself and Jimmy, but she was persistant to say that I was naive in my swift decision. In the end, we were fine, though she's still getting over it. I know she's just worried about me.

"Rosie-Baby, you gotta get some sleep!" Jimmy jumped into my bunk, wrapping his arms around me, pulling me close as if I were his own teddy bear.

"Jimmy," I groaned. "You're gonna get sick"

"I've had my flu shot, silly goose. I'm all good! Now, sleep, Missy. I want a healthy girlfriend as soon as possible."

"Awe! You're so adorable when you're trying to be authoritative!" I cooed and poked his nose.

"Don't mock me." He pouted, pushing my finger away. "Now," He kissed my nose. "Sleep."

"Fine, Mr. Bossy Pants"

A fake gasp left his lips. "How dare you call me a name as such!"

"Shut the fuck up!" Alex groggy voice was heard throughout the bunk area. Though she clearly was asleep, you could still hear the iciness in her tone.

A low sound resembling a growl rumbled through Jimmy's chest. I turned slightly, and kissed his chest as a sort of distraction. He looked down and offered me a small grin. He kissed my temple and opened his mouth to speak.

"I know, sleep." I cut him off. He chuckled as I made use of him as my pillow.

---


"You know, if you'd stop being such a bitch, maybe the world would be a little bit better." Jimmy's voice awoke me. I could hear him outside my curtained bunk. He sounded cold and bitter.

"Well, you know, if you told Rose the truth, maybe I wouldn't be such a bitch." Alex's voice was equally vicious.

I decided it be best to just pretend I was still asleep, and listen to what they were discussing. Of course I feel bad for eavesdropping, but, they're talking about me. I think I deserve to know what they're saying.

"Please, you don't care anything about her." Jimmy replied.

"Of course I do! She's my best friend. Well, was. You obviously don't care about her since you won't tell her anything!" Her voice was raising in volume.

"Shut up! Do you really want to wake her!" His voice held a tint of desperation.

"Honestly, yes! Then she'll learn the truth." She ignored his pleas.

"You think I don't want to tell her? I do. But it will crush her. I don't know what to do. It's a lose-lose situation. If I don't tell her, I'll feel guilty. If I do tell her, she'll hate me." He sounded weak.

"She may not, you know. Rose has always been one for honesty. You tell her, and you both may be able to get over it together." Her voice had softened.

"Then I'll still feel guilty!"

"Why?"

"Because she should hate me! I messed up."

I couldn't take it anymore. I pushed the curtain back and rose from my spot. They both looked a little startled to see me. A look of horror then flashed across Jimmy's features.

"How much did you hear?" He approached cautiously.

"Enough to know that you're keeping something from me." I replied.

"I better be going." Alex mumbled and tried to leave. I stopped her grabbing her wrist.

"No. This obviously involves you, so you should be here. Now, both of you, tell me what your keeping from me."

"This really doesn't involve me. Really. This should be a discussion between the two of you." Alex spoke.

"Tell me." I spoke to her, giving up on getting Jimmy to confess.

"I-uh-you see-" She stuttered out, only to be cut off by Jimmy.

"I got Alexa pregnant."

I was stunned. I let go of Alex, but she didn't move. She too was stunned he was so blunt about it. I didn't know how to respond. My world seemed to drop at those four words.

"That's not all though." She said emotionless.

I didn't want to hear it after anything as bad as what I just learned.

"I got drunk once she told me, then begged for her to get rid of it. She did."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry, my beautifuls, for making you wait! I've had auditions for my schools production of Guys and Dolls this past week, and haven't had much time to update. I'm super thrilled because I got the part of General Cartwright, and it's really hard to get into my school's shows. But, I'm going to be so busy until April. So, just as a little pre-cursor, updates may be a bit slower.

Thank you so very much for all your kind comments! Thank you for subscribing! Please, keep it up!

Thank you to all my lovely readers and subscribers! I want to give a special thank you to my beautiful commenters:
Lost-enigma
PlaidDinosaurs
Rhi_LoveMeHateMe
Undead Angel
Miyuh like Daria
Yotora
ZackysSecretLover199
Twilight-fan10
Thegreatunspoken
MidnightMassacre ;;
Musicalness99
Lushy Lilie
Thegreatunspoken
QueenofBatCountry
Christ!
bam_dilligaf
kalisweetblood
vacant hope;

8 comments?

<3 Stevie Jazz